I

Imgonnadie

Student
Oct 16, 2018
I really hope this isn't a fluke or random mood swing but the way it happened I kind of doubt it. I'll feel real stupid if that turns out to be the case. I was feeling very anxious and suicidal because of the start of the new school semester and I took .2 grams of shrooms and the anxiety literally just vanished like magic with an hour. I'm in disbelief thinking that it's going to stop working or I'm going to start feeling like trash again. It's been 3 days and I feel great. I feel like the difficulty settings of life just flipped from nightmare mode to normal mode. Things that would have caused me paralyzing anxiety before I am now able to just do with ease. I feel calm doing everything. Anxiety still exists but I feel separated from it somehow. I feel like I'm just able to deal with all negative emotions so much easier. Shitty past experiences that were haunting me daily and causing me outburts of anger, shame, hurt, I'm literally thinking about right now and I feel nothing. I still think the same nihlistic and misanthropic thoughts but I just don't feel so bad about them because my overall sense of wellbeing is so high. Like it fucking fixed my brain. This must be what neurotypical people feel like all the time. They live in a different reality. They have no right to talk down to depressed people. None.

I've had this fantasy where I get examined by a doctor who discovers some glaring abnormality with my brain or something and fixes it and I just feel perfect after. Well it seems like that actually just happened. It almost feels too good to be true, but after examining all the facts as objectively as I can, I'm cautiously optimistic. It seems to be helping my OCD-like symptoms like uncomfortableness with stepping on the shower floor (never been formally diagnosed with OCD). I think they may not help everyone but I think everyone should give it a shot. The fact that this isn't part of every mental health treatment kit in the world is a fucking travesty. During my one psych ward stay they gave me fucking Seroquel and Depakote with extra helpings of disdain and disgust. Some rude dumb cunt doctor asked me the day after they gave me the first dose if I felt suicidal and when I said no so they'd let me the fuck out they said it must be working then despite a 6 year old being able to google that it takes way longer than that for it to work. Motherfuckers the mushrooms are right here! They've existed forever goddamnit!

I've had full shroom trips before and it's usually a mixed bag of emotions although I usually feel at peace afterwards. With a microdose there's no real noticeable effect if you're taking a small enough dose besides the absence of negative emotion. I tried microdosing a few times before and it might have worked but I was a NEET so I didn't have anything causing me massive anxiety like I did these past few weeks with the start of the semester so I might have just written off any absence of negative emotion as a good day. I also experienced the same thing with DMT. I was feeling very suicidal one night to the point where I was ruminating over plans. This is just about the only mindset that gives me to courage to smoke DMT. I only smoked 12mg but the suicidal thoughts literally fucking vanished instantly. I haven't tried it since then though.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: nicetomeetu, binturong, NodusTollens and 8 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Yes, I've read some other cases where microdosing shrooms or acid helped with depression and suicidal thoughts. Psychedelics really have a nice healing effect, especially also when it comes to healing addictions.

• Love
Reactions: Nitup, NodusTollens, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
That's cool, I wish I could try something like this but they're illegal where I live. Instead I have to keep testing meds like a guinea pig and see which ones fit:/ so far only benzos had an actual helpful effect but those can't be taken long term

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: DivineMedicus, NodusTollens, Ghost2211 and 3 others
I

Imgonnadie

Student
Oct 16, 2018
That's cool, I wish I could try something like this but they're illegal where I live. Instead I have to keep testing meds like a guinea pig and see which ones fit:/ so far only benzos had an actual helpful effect but those can't be taken long term
Same here. I grew my own illegally. If I was caught with what I have I'd probably be majorly screwed by the "justice" system for something that literally may have just saved my life. They're legal in Oregon now though, and several other places are beginning to decriminalize and hopefully the movement will be rapid given the massive potential.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NodusTollens, Ghost2211, sadworld and 1 other person
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
Before you did it, did you think it would have much of an effect? How certain were you you were going to ctb?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, Ghost2211, sadworld and 1 other person
I

Imgonnadie

Student
Oct 16, 2018
Before you did it, did you think it would have much of an effect? How certain were you you were going to ctb?
I'd feel very suicidal on and off. I would constantly wish I just had a gun to get it over with fast. It got to a point where I was thinking very seriously about what my death would mean and I kind of decided that I couldn't do it to my family, but then I would also just think but what if I did though? I'd be free of all this suffering instantly.
This time that I tried it I wasn't really expecting anything since I hadn't sensed a profound effect with my last microdosing experiments weeks and months ago, but it completely crushed my intense anxiety over the future I was feeling due to the school semester. Even as the change happened I initially thought hmm I guess my brain is done torturing me for now, not really thinking it was the mushrooms until the next couple days. I don't feel that it's a placebo based on how jarring the change was just an hour after dosing but time will tell.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, NodusTollens, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
I'm really pleased for you, I'm glad it worked out so well, fingers crossed you keep a healthy pace up, well done

Reactions: Ghost2211, Imgonnadie and sadworld
Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
Mycology is a hobby of mine, sadly they didn't do much for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: cassie, Deleted member 22624, Imgonnadie and 1 other person
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Sounds good. I'm looking to try microdosing too this year, if I can source them without causing myself more anxiety than they might take away.

I guess once you start though you need to continue dosing quite regularly? Maybe see if they work for me at all first before I start worrying about that.

Reactions: Imgonnadie and cassie
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
I'd feel very suicidal on and off. I would constantly wish I just had a gun to get it over with fast. It got to a point where I was thinking very seriously about what my death would mean and I kind of decided that I couldn't do it to my family, but then I would also just think but what if I did though? I'd be free of all this suffering instantly.
This time that I tried it I wasn't really expecting anything since I hadn't sensed a profound effect with my last microdosing experiments weeks and months ago, but it completely crushed my intense anxiety over the future I was feeling due to the school semester. Even as the change happened I initially thought hmm I guess my brain is done torturing me for now, not really thinking it was the mushrooms until the next couple days. I don't feel that it's a placebo based on how jarring the change was just an hour after dosing but time will tell.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with shrooms. :)!
—hugs—

I actually have some on the way & I've been feeling similar things to you, in that I want to be sure & would have spontaneous fits of wanting to CTB. I can kind of imagine some of what you've been feeling & I understand/appreciate your desire to be sure.

For myself, I do want to CTB, and had set a date, but the occasional feelings I would have about my choice had me wax & wane until I said f*ck it & bought the shrooms. In the meantime I've been trying to spend some time dwelling on it, to try to reduce some anxiety regarding CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo and Imgonnadie
Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
Did you try microdosing? What kind of effects did you have?
I have, and nothing really just same old, still its annoying that something that could potentially help people is illegal, it's always better to have more options if something doesn't work for someone

Reactions: Imgonnadie
I

Imgonnadie

Student
Oct 16, 2018
I have, and nothing really just same old, still its annoying that something that could potentially help people is illegal, it's always better to have more options if something doesn't work for someone
Maybe you should try it again. I didn't realize the effects until I had a massive source of stress and microdosing killed it.
Sounds good. I'm looking to try microdosing too this year, if I can source them without causing myself more anxiety than they might take away.

I guess once you start though you need to continue dosing quite regularly? Maybe see if they work for me at all first before I start worrying about that.
I think regular use is necessary for continued effects, but they won't cause withdrawal or anything if you stop because they don't cause dependence. And people usually only have to dose like once every 3 days to continue to feel effects although people have many different dosing schedules. I'd also think continued use would lead to improved mental state even off it over time. Psilocybin is proven to promote neurogenesis as chronic depression is proven to cause brain shrinkage but even just thinking about it logically having the greater sense of well-being it brings all the time would condition your brain in a positive direction.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: signifying nothing and NodusTollens
Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
Maybe you should try it again. I didn't realize the effects until I had a massive source of stress and microdosing killed it
Have tried it 3 times, but hey it helped my roomie so that's a plus

Reactions: Imgonnadie
fent_dnm27

fent_dnm27

Jan 8, 2021
Here's a cool article on "psychoplastogens" - drugs that are fast acting and have long lasting changes to neuroplasticity. It's been suggested they would be useful to treat:

PTSD
Depression
Anxiety
Substance Abuse and Addiction

Abstract​

Neural plasticity—the ability to change and adapt in response to stimuli—is an essential aspect of healthy brain function and, in principle, can be harnessed to promote recovery from a wide variety of brain disorders. Many neuropsychiatric diseases including mood, anxiety, and substance use disorders arise from an inability to weaken and/or strengthen pathologic and beneficial circuits, respectively, ultimately leading to maladaptive behavioral responses. Thus, compounds capable of facilitating the structural and functional reorganization of neural circuits to produce positive behavioral effects have broad therapeutic potential. Several known drugs and experimental therapeutics have been shown to promote plasticity, but most rely on indirect mechanisms and are slow-acting. Here, I describe psychoplastogens—a relatively new class of fast-acting therapeutics, capable of rapidly promoting structural and functional neural plasticity. Psychoplastogenic compounds include psychedelics, ketamine, and several other recently discovered fast-acting antidepressants. Their use in psychiatry represents a paradigm shift in our approach to treating brain disorders as we focus less on rectifying "chemical imbalances" and place more emphasis on achieving selective modulation of neural circuits.
Keywords: Psychoplastogen, psychedelic, neural plasticity, induced plasticity, ketamine, DMT, LSD, MDMA, depression, PTSD

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and Imgonnadie
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
The problem is you need at least 405mg per week. Grow kits are pretty good and not too hard to grow,but then there's drying,crushing,encapsulating into measured 45mg doses, and keeping that going endlessly.
I guess it's worth it though if it really does the job.
Usually takes a few months to really kick in too, same as most meds