Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, dog3000, Winona and 2 others
Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
I think it's becusse metoclopramide is easily accessible (eBay) and it's recommend in the PPH.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap, gingerplum and 1 other person
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I think it's becusse metoclopramide is easily accessible (eBay) and it's recommend in the PPH.

Oh, I see! They're selling it as dog medicine; that's the workaround.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan and Lifeisatrap
Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
No, it's because metoclopramide is a dopamine blocker. Different anti emetics work on different receptors, which are triggered variously by different emetic processeses. Dopamine and to an extent serotonin blockers help with overdose-related vomiting.

The PPeH recommendation thing is true and a reason, though. Metoclopramide is preferred by other authors and clinics too.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan, Winona and 3 others
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
No, it's because metoclopramide is a dopamine blocker. Different anti emetics work on different receptors, which are triggered variously by different processes
Spot on. Anti-emetics are often not interchangeable.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, gingerplum, Trashcan and 1 other person
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
No, it's because metoclopramide is a dopamine blocker. Different anti emetics work on different receptors, which are triggered variously by different emetic processeses. Dopamine and to an extent serotonin blockers help with overdose-related vomiting.

The PPeH recommendation thing is true and a reason, though. Metoclopramide is preferred by other authors and clinics too.

Wow. That is a brilliantly explained rationale. You sound like a clinician, and a very smart one at that. Thank you!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and Trashcan