• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

W

woundedanimal

Just a wounded animal that should be put down
Jul 12, 2023
I know there's other similar threads on here, but I'm wondering about the logistics of hanging with a belt?

I have really severe nerve and muscle issues in my arms and hands from a previous attempt via cutting, and I don't have access to ropes or anything, so I'm considering just using a belt because it's essentially a self tightening loop. My question is, how to secure it?
I can't tie it in a knot, I can barely tie my shoes, but could I close a door with it over the top? Would it slip? Would it break under the weight of a 250lb person?

Thanks to anyone with answers.
Should also mention: I'm already severely disabled from a spinal cord injury. If I fail, could I end up paralyzed? What's the failure rate for hanging with a thicker rope or belt?

fleurr

fleurr

angel • he/him
Feb 10, 2023
soo i've heard that belts are a no-go with hanging. they might fare better with the night night method? but i believe using a belt for hanging runs the risk of pain, thrashing, spinal damage, and/or brain damage way up. get rope or pick another method imo, the risk would be too high for me personally

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
L

Lostindespair3

Dec 13, 2023
I have most of the same questions as the OP. I don't have a rope, but would like to attempt partial hanging. Could a couple of belts work? I read the hanging megathread but still have lots of questions…thanks for any help/advice.

Reuthry

Reuthry

I just want a way out.
Dec 16, 2023
soo i've heard that belts are a no-go with hanging. they might fare better with the night night method? but i believe using a belt for hanging runs the risk of pain, thrashing, spinal damage, and/or brain damage way up. get rope or pick another method imo, the risk would be too high for me personally
Yes I am using a belt with duct tape for night night method and I can say that using a belt is a good option as long as you measure your neck with the cornbags or what you are using and make a hole accordingly.
I have most of the same questions as the OP. I don't have a rope, but would like to attempt partial hanging. Could a couple of belts work? I read the hanging megathread but still have lots of questions…thanks for any help/advice.
I have seen footages of several people using belts for partial hanging, I guess if you secure the belt on the anchor point and make sure that it won't let go after you pass out it might work. You can use belts as a slipknot if you remove the prong or tape it to the belt so it won't interfere with the belt when it gets tighter while hanging.

Anónimo

Anónimo

Student
Oct 15, 2021
Belts are tricky. You are a bit heavier than me. The belt could break (of course it depends). Also, not everyone has the same neck. Some people will hang with anything. I'm assuming you have a thick neck like me. It probably won't work.

Even if you manage to feel dizzy, don't take the risk. Same goes for the comment above me. I'm also sorry about you loss of function.

Reuthry

Reuthry

I just want a way out.
Dec 16, 2023
Belts are tricky. You are a bit heavier than me. The belt could break (of course it depends). Also, not everyone has the same neck. Some people will hang with anything. I'm assuming you have a thick neck like me. It probably won't work.

Even if you manage to feel dizzy, don't take the risk. Same goes for the comment above me. I'm also sorry about you loss of function.
Is NN after being prepared for it or jumping from 10th floor riskier? I don't have a lot of options unfortunately, maybe jumping in front or under of a truck going at 50 mph? What about those guys who wrap towels around their necks while lying on the bed at night and die (I have seen a lot of footages of those, I wonder how is it even possible)? I am sorry for asking too many questions if you want you can ignore them all together.