• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

quiet.rabbit

quiet.rabbit

NEET
Feb 27, 2020
After a couple of months being a NEET my family wants to send me to college just so they won't see me lazying around. I really don't want to waste my time there because my social anxiety makes it really hard to work right now and it won't change later. So whatever degree I get would be a waste of money and effort. I would try to explain this to them but I think they would force me into therapy and kick me out once they see I don't want to comply with the exposure "therapy."

Also, I feel like all therapists would do to someone like me is indoctrinate me and attempt to shame me into becoming normal and tolerable for them. Since I haven't had any real connection to another human being ever and never had friends, they would naturally feel above me.

I've been trying hard to ignore this possibility but now that I'm really looking into the methods and being in campus with my family a couple of times I have realized I NEED to make a real effort right now. I've tried looking in this site and Google but I haven't seen anything that I could try.

These are my limitations:
-no mountains/hills nearby
-no transportation
-no cliffs
-no tall buildings I can access
-beaches closed

If I can't find any method other than using a cargo train I think I'll have no choice. It's the only real CTB option I have available since a family member of mine lives right next to some train tracks. I'm sorry about this I know most people here frown upon that method... And honestly I looked at the LAH lethality chart and it said that if the train wasnt that fast it would be a 1/3 chance of survival... So trust me I do plan to exhaust any options you can offer here!
(Or if you also know a way I can get some money without going outside I would appreciate that as well.)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: CuriousCat23
CuriousCat23

CuriousCat23

Oct 11, 2020
Hello, and I'm very very sorry you're feeling like this now. I also have social anxiety, though I won't begin to compare my experience to yours. I will say that I absolutely empathize with you and understand your concerns.
I am only speaking from my own experiences with therapy and have no way of knowing what it's like in your area, but I have had experiences with a few therapists who don't value social connection so highly. In my own experience, some therapists have been okay with minimal-interaction appointments (such as through text) and are okay with people being alone as long as they are satisfied. BUT I do understand that their overall goal is to make asocial people "open up" to be more "normal" which can be horrifying. I am definitely not telling you to risk seeing a therapist, but I am saying I empathize with that fear and that it's completely rational to feel this way.

For CTB, I can't suggest specific methods, but trudging through the Resources page and Method megathreads might help you find more accessible methods for your situation if you haven't already; there do seem to be some pages that could be valuable. I would also like to add that I personally won't look down on you if you decide on your current method.

In terms of earning money without going outside, there are some online-only jobs/hobbies that can earn you a little cash-though they are more time-consuming. However, you would need a banking method like PayPal, which would pose a problem if you're not signed up with a bank or can't get an account for any reason. If you do have access, though, art and writing commissions can pay pretty well if you can find the right connections and hone your skills. For art, some people will pay for digital portraits (can be done with a phone if you don't want to get a tablet or try a mouse) or character designs. Sites like TeePublic also let you sell designs without any interaction, though I'd recommend still having a place to promote as it's not a very definite or lucrative method. There are also a spare number of places where you can offer to edit or write for others if you prefer that instead. I've never tried it, but I've also seen coders/programmers sell their time or custom codes for websites and games. Gumroad is what I've primarily seen code stuff being sold on, and it requires 0 interaction between buyer and seller. I'm sure there are contests and such for online games, too.
Of course, most of these do require some level of social interaction since you'd have clients. In my personal experience, many artists tend to be recluses as well and often don't want more interaction than necessary (this can vary per website/group as some art people can be vocal or extraverted). Again, these aren't very fast ways of earning money either, since you need to improve a skill, but it can earn you some spare cash if you get lucky or happen to be good at digital skills.

I hope I could be of help to you in any way and sincerely hope you find what you are looking for, regardless of your decision.

Reactions: Blue Rose, quiet.rabbit and AvaAdore