A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Drano is another substance that can cause death when consumed. Doesn't mean it has a place here.

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
I'm not recommending it but maybe someone find it useful. I don't know how peaceful or reliable it would be. Though I was curious, would it taste like drinking alcohol?

Last edited:
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Why not research methanol poisoning and share your findings here.

Reactions: laserfocus111 and autumnal
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Drano is another substance that can cause death when consumed. Doesn't mean it has a place here.

Oh what, so you're saying this guy doesn't have a right to discover suicide methods on the forum?

Sad toilet

Not cool @Aap, not cool at all :aw:

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44 and Aap
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Dihydrogen monoxide is one of the most readily obtainable substances on earth and is fatal when inhaled or taken by mouth in large amounts. I'm just going to have to start recommending this for threads like this.

Reactions: autumnal and AnxietyAttack44
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Im not sure how serious this thread is at this point.. But carry on.

L

laserfocus111

Student
Feb 11, 2020
Off hand, my professor used to tell me that methanol tastes similar to ethanol. Used to be common in my country when bootleg liquor was more commonplace decades back. Now there's plenty of it in windshield washer fluid.

Based on the linked article It seems like a reliable way to go.. Only if you can get through the various side effects for hours without seeking help or people noticing you before moving on into the next world.

E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
So doesnt it taste similar to alcohol? It's interesnting it takes hours for the serious effects to start. Not sure how peaceful would it be though.

L

laserfocus111

Student
Feb 11, 2020
Hardly sounds peaceful. If you mess it up you could end up blind or worse.

Reactions: ebt88
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
Oh blindness

Reactions: Aap
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
It tastes kinda like really shitty alcohol. You won't confuse the smell of ethanol with methanol if you've worked with either. The issue is death isn't fun from it, and failures result in serious consequences.
Not a bad article, want to summarize for us the time to deaths, effects, and massive variation in lethal amounts reported?

Last edited:
E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
Hardly sounds peaceful. If you mess it up you could end up blind or worse.

Maybe we can take an incentive for not messing up lol. Aap says tastes like shitty alcohol. Maybe one would be able to drink a number of glasses with juice or something

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
You are now intentionally mischaracterizing what I'm saying. For clarity, methanol is an unreliable, terrible way to die. Death is neither fast nor certain with any small amount, and dosages given for people who have died are literally more in some cases than the comparable amount of alcohol in a fifth of hard liquor. Likewise, the issue of obtaining denatured methanol is very complicated, and any non-denatured methanol will contain even more problematic compounds.

to further clarify, I think anyone who encourages discussion of this as a viable method is a fucking asshole, given the extremely poor death and side effects that ensue. I further clarify that if you are not encouraging people to use this method you will have no issue with the above statements. Was that clear enough?

Reactions: laserfocus111 and GiveMePeace