• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
Does anyone else not want to admit to their mental issues to not be associated with the "mental health cult" - those who self harm, commit multiple suicide attempts but never get it right, self diagnose and just can't stop talking about it all.
I know some people might self harm for justified reasons, maybe they are schizophrenic or something, and some people might have actually tried to commit suicide without succeeding, rather than fail on purpose, but the majority just do those things for attention it seems.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Yeah, I don't want to admit to my mental issues because there's some harmful stigma and associations associated with them. I have ASD (personally I have Asperger's/autism level 1 aka "high-functioning autism", but ASD in most people's view is "low-functioning" autism. I don't think that it's right to use the terms "high-functioning" and "low-functioning", but there needs to be a differentiation between the two because they aren't the same. I also don't think that the DSM-5 should have lumped Asperger's in with autism because they are on different parts of a spectrum and therefore not exactly the same thing. I think that those self-diagnosed people on Tiktok are cringe, they just want to feel different and special. I don't think they actually have ASD, they just want to feel unique in a sea of normies.

Last edited:
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Just because someone displays attention seeking behaviour, this doesn't mean they're not still suffering. I feel like it's important to remember this. Everyone's personality is different, but they still deserve empathy if they are struggling.

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
Just because someone displays attention seeking behaviour, this doesn't mean they're not still suffering. I feel like it's important to remember this. Everyone's personality is different, but they still deserve empathy if they are struggling.
That's right for some but not for the majority in my opinion, even those that are suffering probably are exaggerating it alot and are doing it to be treated differently and feel special.

C

cold_severance

Student
Dec 11, 2023
it means you havent met people like this irl, like the ones who turn everything around them to shit. otherwise you'll speak differently. its easy to be empathetic, unless shit thet do is at yours expense.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
That's right for some but not for the majority in my opinion, even those that are suffering probably are exaggerating it alot and are doing it to be treated differently and feel special.
Who are you to say that others are exaggerating and are self harming, attempting suicide, and/or self diagnosing to feel special? This type of bullcrap that you are spewing is why so many people have trouble with getting the help they need in the first place and constantly feel as though their issues are invalid.

Hell, if somebody is going as far as potentially or actually harming themselves for "attention" that's kind of a fucking sign that they are suffering and are in need of serious help. Nobody spends their time self-harming or repeatedly attempting suicide for attention unless they are suffering a lot. I there was even a post by someone tok long ago who talked about wanting to attempt just because no one in their life took their suffering seriously, even when it got so bad that they had to check themself into a psych ward. People only do shit like this when they've been pushed over the edge and feel like they have no choice but to put themselves in danger with the hopes that others will finally listen to them. I'm sick and tired of this "oh they're doing it for attention argument" being used to invaildate others suffering.

Your "opinion" doesn't mean shit. You are you. You've only lived one life and that's yours. You have no room to say anything about whether or not others are suffering and to what degree when you haven't lived their life and thus will never able to fully experience things from their perspective. I understand sometimes wanting to scoff at others and thinking that they are being overdramatic, but it's important to acknowledge that you are only reacting that way because you are only looking at their issues from your perspective.

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
Who are you to say that others are exaggerating and are self harming, attempting suicide, and/or self diagnosing to feel special? This type of bullcrap that you are spewing is why so many people have trouble with getting the help they need in the first place and constantly feel as though their issues are invalid.

Hell, if somebody is going as far as potentially or actually harming themselves for "attention" that's kind of a fucking sign that they are suffering and are in need of serious help. Nobody spends their time self-harming or repeatedly attempting suicide for attention unless they are suffering a lot. I there was even a post by someone tok long ago who talked about wanting to attempt just because no one in their life took their suffering seriously, even when it got so bad that they had to check themself into a psych ward. People only do shit like this when they've been pushed over the edge and feel like they have no choice but to put themselves in danger with the hopes that others will finally listen to them. I'm sick and tired of this "oh they're doing it for attention argument" being used to invaildate others suffering.

Your "opinion" doesn't mean shit. You are you. You've only lived one life and that's yours. You have no room to say anything about whether or not others are suffering and to what degree when you haven't lived their life and thus will never able to fully experience things from their perspective. I understand sometimes wanting to scoff at others and thinking that they are being overdramatic, but it's important to acknowledge that you are only reacting that way because you are only looking at their issues from your perspective.
Its only an opinion, and I said some not all

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Yes definitely agree.

I used to tell people but now I try my best to hide it.

People pretend to care and we have all this MH awareness in society.... but the reality is that normal people see us as a burden and a drain on society.

Keep in mind I live in a hard right wing country though with a brutal government who pretty much encourages anyone to CTB if they are not productive.

I never understand people who say the UK is pro life or anti suicide, we are the absolute opposite to that.

Reactions: sserafim
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
I don't hide it yet I don't boast it either. I won't fully come clean until I believe I'm sick enough.

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Yes definitely agree.

People pretend to care and we have all this MH awareness in society.... but the reality is that normal people see us as a burden and a drain on society.

Keep in mind I live in a hard right wing country though with a brutal government who pretty much encourages anyone to CTB if they are not productive.

I never understand people who say the UK is pro life or anti suicide, we are the absolute opposite to that.

You really think the tories are hard right wing?

Places like Iran with repressive theocracies and ruthless killing of any dissenting voices would be my idea of hard right wing.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
You really think the tories are hard right wing?

Places like Iran with repressive theocracies and ruthless killing of any dissenting voices would be my idea of hard right wing.
With their brutal austerity and cuts to the NHS and social care absolutely yes. The madness is people complaining they are still too soft.

Doemu

Doemu

⸸ I am my own end ⸸
Feb 4, 2024
Bored of people like you that doesn't take suicide seriously. Almost go to learn the basic key of suicide prevention before posting something like this.

And cry a bit if you finally understand what you did here.

B

boddibo

maybe this year will be the one
Dec 19, 2023
Oh please, really? Categorizing people's suffering again? If they are exhibiting symptoms or behaviors that suggest mental illness (even faking it can be part of a mental illness), so what? Don't blame the people that might be suffering because you deem them 'not ill enough' or just 'doing it for attention'. Blame the society for never taking anything seriously in regards of mental health, even if you feel like they're not suffering enough or that their reasons are not valid to you, it's not your place to judge.

Tower

Tower

Dec 4, 2023
Does anyone else not want to admit to their mental issues to not be associated with the "mental health cult" - those who self harm, commit multiple suicide attempts but never get it right, self diagnose and just can't stop talking about it all.
I know some people might self harm for justified reasons, maybe they are schizophrenic or something, and some people might have actually tried to commit suicide without succeeding, rather than fail on purpose, but the majority just do those things for attention it seems.
gatekeeping self harm, lol

do you have any data to support your claim that "the majority" hurt themselves "for attention"? because right now this reads as baseless prejudice and weird projection
and even if we grant that this is indeed the motivation, what might motivate people to seek attention? could it be suffering? like when a baby cries for its mother?

we hear your rhetoric more or less constantly in the borderline community. ironically i think your refusal to "admit" to being mentally ill and apparent obsession with the validity or authenticity of other people's mental health pretty much guarantees that you are an absolute dyed in the wool lunatic

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
gatekeeping self harm, lol

do you have any data to support your claim that "the majority" hurt themselves "for attention"? because right now this reads as baseless prejudice and weird projection
and even if we grant that this is indeed the motivation, what might motivate people to seek attention? could it be suffering? like when a baby cries for its mother?

we hear your rhetoric more or less constantly in the borderline community. ironically i think your refusal to "admit" to being mentally ill and apparent obsession with the validity or authenticity of other people's mental health pretty much guarantees that you are an absolute dyed in the wool lunatic
Maybe I didn't word it right but by attention I didn't mean seeking attention to get help but seeking attention because mental illnesses are considered cool in a way nowadays

Thats who I don't want to be associated with, but I also wont admit to my issues for other reasons. - admit to others not to myself

Eternal Eyes

Eternal Eyes

Dec 3, 2023
Yeah, I don't want to admit to my mental issues because there's some harmful stigma and associations associated with them. I have ASD (personally I have Asperger's/autism level 1 aka "high-functioning autism", but ASD in most people's view is "low-functioning" autism. I don't think that it's right to use the terms "high-functioning" and "low-functioning", but there needs to be a differentiation between the two because they aren't the same. I also don't think that the DSM-5 should have lumped Asperger's in with autism because they are on different parts of a spectrum and therefore not exactly the same thing. I think that those self-diagnosed people on Tiktok are cringe, they just want to feel different and special. I don't think they actually have ASD, they just want to feel unique in a sea of normies.

I have aspergers and I agree completely. I don't hate everyone who's self diagnosed or the concept of it. But the idea of people like their are on tiktok making light of it...yeah that doesn't sit well with me especially since I was diagnosed at a younge age and have had to deal with discrimination most my life.

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I completely agree! >_< It's so dumb the things those people do sometimes! :/
Why would they remove aspergers if aspies now claim to be high-functioning autists instead~? also, talk about all the stigma doing so adds now on aspies! >_<
Instead of making autism sound more debilitating, it makes aspies sound less abled than they really are~ :(

Illegal Preclear

Illegal Preclear

Planet's dying, Cloud.
Sep 6, 2022
Yes definitely agree.

Isn't it even worse than that though? Like the healthcare is gutted and inaccessible but they force you to stay alive anyway via involuntary Psychiatric treatment if you admit out loud you want to CTB (or attempt to)? If the healthcare has gotten so bad they've stopped involuntarily locking people up in Psych facilities arbitrarily who DON'T WANT TREATMENT I would say it's a blessing in disguise. Like I feel like it'd be easier to purposefully 'slip through the cracks' of the UK system and get away with not being locked up for weeks to months at a time. Here in the US, especially in my state - the mental health system is very intertwined with law enforcement - and in both cases, they get paid big money to keep people locked up. Our 'for profit' mental health system runs the same way as our 'for profit' prisons.

And I don't know if I see eye to eye with OP, but I have my own definition of the MH Awareness Cult. It is very Cult-y, as it's designed to keep you engaged with "services". Keep your butt in that hospital bed making that hospital money. Keep your butt in that therapists office making someone money with additional bonus money they get from Pharma companies for prescribing you the latest hot drug. Stay engaged with "services" - cha ching cha ching cha ching! Until you've been on so many drugs you can barely remember how to tie your shoes.

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
The mental health cult and the normal people who overly self diagnose themselves to feel different (rather than out of a lack of support) are doing it at their own detriment.

Probably also to my detriment I try to sound sane to avoid the mental hospital, because if I voluntarily committed myself I'd lose my chance at purchasing a gun for 5 years, which is a risk I don't want to take. (I doubt the mental hospital would fix anything anyways though lol)

To be fair to all the mental health cultists though, a psychopath is just a sociopath who refuses to admit they aren't normal.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Can we not invalidate people in this forum, out of all places? You're not the arbitrator on who is legit and who isn't and you don't get to decide if people are sincerely suffering or suicidal in this forum.

those who self harm, commit multiple suicide attempts but never get it right, self diagnose and just can't stop talking about it all.

Literally none of that is wrong. People sometimes fail suicide, it happens. Especially if they don't know what they're doing. That's why people have a desire to educate themselves with the ressources they can find here because nobody wants to fuck up and potentialy survive a suicide attempt with permanent brain damage. And sometimes people speculate if they have certain conditions, is that really so surprising to you? I knew I had depression and BPD before I was diagnosed because it just made sense. If you have these conditions, you will know something is wrong because it sincerely impacts your life, in a negative way, right. And I don't see what's the problem with self-harming either. I think it's okay to self-harm, if that's your coping mechanism, if that's what you need to function, where is the problem? If you do it safely, if you take care of yourself afterwards, I don't see where the problem is. I don't think there is any shame to talking about it either and honestly, it's talking points like these that are harmful and toxic because you are creating and reinforcing the stigma on suicide and mental health by pointing fingers and claiming people who can't stop talking about their issues are faking it. It's just not true. Please have some respect and don't do this here in this forum. We're better than that. Thank you.

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
Can we not invalidate people in this forum, out of all places? You're not the arbitrator on who is legit and who isn't and you don't get to decide if people are sincerely suffering or suicidal in this forum.

Literally none of that is wrong. People sometimes fail suicide, it happens. Especially if they don't know what they're doing. That's why people have a desire to educate themselves with the ressources they can find here because nobody wants to fuck up and potentialy survive a suicide attempt with permanent brain damage. And sometimes people speculate if they have certain conditions, is that really so surprising to you? I knew I had depression and BPD before I was diagnosed because it just made sense. If you have these conditions, you will know something is wrong because it sincerely impacts your life, in a negative way, right. And I don't see what's the problem with self-harming either. I think it's okay to self-harm, if that's your coping mechanism, if that's what you need to function, where is the problem? If you do it safely, if you take care of yourself afterwards, I don't see where the problem is. I don't think there is any shame to talking about it either and honestly, it's talking points like these that are harmful and toxic because you are creating and reinforcing the stigma on suicide and mental health by pointing fingers and claiming people who can't stop talking about their issues are faking it. It's just not true. Please have some respect and don't do this here in this forum. We're better than that. Thank you.
I didn't say people here are like that, or that everyone suffering from mental illnesses is like that, I just said that those people do exist.
And like I said some people do actually fail attempts not on purpose and all, but theres also a group of people who don't, and in that group of people there are those who might seek attention for help which is fine but there are also those who seek attention for the sake of it.