devil

devil

Jun 22, 2019
how to not feel guilty about quitting a job due to mental health?

i'm working two jobs right now because i need extra money, but i don't
think i can handle it anymore because my mental health is being destroyed
and i need a break. i never have any days off and i literally can't handle it anymore.
i'm just always afraid of leaving a job, and i don't want people to think i'm just " giving up "

• Hugs
Reactions: sadghost and puppy9
Angina

Angina

>>AnginA<<
Jun 27, 2020
How old are you? 18?
Don't feel guilty about quitting McD/KFC.
F*ck it and get a better job.

Reactions: devil and FusRohDracarys
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
Are you able to request your hours to be adjusted to assist with giving you at least a little extra time off?

Reactions: devil
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
I've left many jobs where people didn't want to see me go. The guilt trips were heavy and drawn out. Sometimes I agreed to stay longer. One time I did stay. Many of those companies I left were struggling financially, and when I asked, they said everything was fine. Right up until the day massive layoffs were announced--usually a few months after I had already left. What all of that taught me was to watch out for my own skin and not concern myself with the company because they don't care about my well being.

If you feel you need to leave the company because of your mental health, and if that need outweighs the financial need, then don't let them guilt you into staying. Truth be told, if your mental health makes your work performance sub par, many companies won't be quite so understanding.

Reactions: devil and the box is empty
the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
At the end of the day companies only value how useful you are to them. I used to do labour inspecitons and the only reason why Health & Safety exist is because the companies don't want to be fined or investigated. Plus if you're injured they'd have to retrain someone. Costs money. They don't actually care for your well being. Just what it costs them.

Don't feel guilty about quitting for your mental health. Remember they thank you by paying you. That's all.

Reactions: sadghost, devil and FusRohDracarys
devil

devil

Jun 22, 2019
How old are you? 18?
Don't feel guilty about quitting McD/KFC.
F*ck it and get a better job.
I'm 23 lol
Are you able to request your hours to be adjusted to assist with giving you at least a little extra time off?
Nah I'm just going to quit
I've left many jobs where people didn't want to see me go. The guilt trips were heavy and drawn out. Sometimes I agreed to stay longer. One time I did stay. Many of those companies I left were struggling financially, and when I asked, they said everything was fine. Right up until the day massive layoffs were announced--usually a few months after I had already left. What all of that taught me was to watch out for my own skin and not concern myself with the company because they don't care about my well being.

If you feel you need to leave the company because of your mental health, and if that need outweighs the financial need, then don't let them guilt you into staying. Truth be told, if your mental health makes your work performance sub par, many companies won't be quite so understanding.
Thank you
At the end of the day companies only value how useful you are to them. I used to do labour inspecitons and the only reason why Health & Safety exist is because the companies don't want to be fined or investigated. Plus if you're injured they'd have to retrain someone. Costs money. They don't actually care for your well being. Just what it costs them.

Don't feel guilty about quitting for your mental health. Remember they thank you by paying you. That's all.
I agree, thank you

E

EveSerene

Jul 5, 2020
Your mental health should always come first, especially if you feel like your work environment is making things worse. I personally had to quit my job a few months ago because the tension was becoming unbearable and I didnt wanna have a breakdown while on the job.

Reactions: Angina and sadghost