• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

How many real friends do you have?

• Total voters
Oudenophobia

Oudenophobia

No story, no plot, nothing.
May 29, 2023
When you stop to consider everyone that has ever been a part of your life, how many people do you really have in your life that deserve that title?

Do you call anyone that listens to you a friend? Does any criteria need to be met before someone can be deemed worthy of the title?

What makes someone a real friend in your eyes?

This post will be done for women too as I would like to compare the answers. I do not wish to clog up this section with my threads, so I will wait at least twenty-four hours before posting this again for the women.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: iloverachel, _apathetic, jar-baby and 8 others
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
I got more than 4 good friends but only one i can talk openly about anything even ctb.

• Love
Reactions: AvoidingMyself and rozeske
casual_existence

casual_existence

Student
Jul 29, 2023
I have my siblings. Which I would consider to be different than friends but valuable in the same way. They all turned out to be good people so I do have a support circle. I don't know that I would have one without them.
I try to make friends but it's kinda difficult. Most people look at me like I have three heads or at least it feels that way so I don't tend to make friends. I have two friends that I would consider good but nothing close. And I'm good friends with my sister's gf. I live a fairly isolated life and I'd say that the only thing that I am looking for at the moment is a gf.

• Love
Reactions: AvoidingMyself and rozeske
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Nobody, friends are a lie,just like love. It's all bullshit. There isn't anyone that gives a fuck about me. Except for my dogs.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Trakehner, Skathon, Adûnâi and 4 others
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Empty.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: pole, Skathon, migimortis and 2 others
Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
No friends, just two close family members.

A friend is someone who shares the same experience and reality as you, has the same genuine interests, differing from cheap complicity. A person with whom you can be honest without the need for social masks, capable of cooperating together.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Null Hypothesis, Adûnâi, migimortis and 2 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I got no friends and no acquaintances

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: iloverachel, Skathon, migimortis and 3 others
Oudenophobia

Oudenophobia

May 29, 2023
I got more than 4 good friends but only one i can talk openly about anything even ctb.
Do all of your friends know your current stance in life, or is it just the one friend who is aware?
I have my siblings. Which I would consider to be different than friends but valuable in the same way. They all turned out to be good people so I do have a support circle. I don't know that I would have one without them.
I try to make friends but it's kinda difficult. Most people look at me like I have three heads or at least it feels that way so I don't tend to make friends. I have two friends that I would consider good but nothing close. And I'm good friends with my sister's gf. I live a fairly isolated life and I'd say that the only thing that I am looking for at the moment is a gf.
Do you prefer making friends online or offline?
Nobody, friends are a lie,just like love. It's all bullshit. There isn't anyone that gives a fuck about me. Except for my dogs.
If you don't have friends in your life, do you have family?

Animals can provide comfort in ways humans genuinely can't, though that rule does apply both ways.
How long has it been?

Last edited:
Oudenophobia

Oudenophobia

May 29, 2023
No friends, just two close family members.

A friend is someone who shares the same experience and reality as you, has the same genuine interests, differing from cheap complicity. A person with whom you can be honest without the need for social masks, capable of cooperating together.
Thank you contributing your take here; it's always interesting to see the way other people view friendship.
I got no friends and no acquaintances
Are you close with family at all?

AvoidingMyself

AvoidingMyself

AvPD
Jul 7, 2023
No friends or family

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Skathon, migimortis, hikikomorizombie and 1 other person
Oudenophobia

Oudenophobia

May 29, 2023
Does playing poker with with two people once a week count as friends?
That depends on what being a friend means to you. For some, friendship is bond that words cannot describe. Whether it be the fact that you can make each other laugh regardless of how gloomy the mood may be, or perhaps you can both criticise one another in ways that promote personal growth without the hard feelings that usually stem from being criticised.

For others, friendship can be as simple as hanging out and talking to one another about what goes on in their respective lives; nothing deep or personal, but still something that can make them both happy.

Everyone has a different interpretation of friendship, and there is no right or wrong.
I don't have any friends who really care about me and I'm used to it by now although I have to admit it hurts when I think about it
Can you a recall a time in which you felt different about this topic when compared to how you feel now?
No friends or family
Did people isolate you, or did you isolate yourself away from others?

Last edited:
I

Immensevoid

Sep 10, 2023
That depends on what being a friend means to you. For some, friendship is bond that words cannot describe. Whether it be the fact that you can make each other laugh regardless of how gloomy the mood may be, or perhaps you can both criticise one another in ways that promote personal growth without the hard feelings that usually stem from being criticised.

For others, friendship can be as simple as hanging out and talking to one another about what goes on in their respective lives; nothing deep or personal, but still something that can make them both happy.

Everyone has a different interpretation of friendship, and there is no right or wrong.

Can you a recall a time in which you felt different about this topic when compared to how you feel now?

I will answer again when the the thread will be done for women. I didn't read well the last part of the thread
sorry😅

Last edited:
Oudenophobia

Oudenophobia

May 29, 2023
I will answer again when the the thread will be done for women. I didn't read well the last part of the thread sorry😅
Oh, of course. I've set the thread to go live in about two hours, so you don't have too long to wait.

Reactions: Immensevoid
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Do all of your friends know your current stance in life, or is it just the one friend who is aware?

Do you prefer making friends online or offline?

If you don't have friends in your life, do you have family?

Animals can provide comfort in ways humans genuinely can't, though that rule does apply both ways.

How long has it been?

Just one friend, i know the others , i cannot talk to them about it , i feel it.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself
Oudenophobia

Oudenophobia

May 29, 2023
Just one friend, i know the others , i cannot talk to them about it , i feel it.
Even having that connection is something in itself. Have you told your close friend that you're active on here?

Reactions: BrainShower, AvoidingMyself and Gonnerr
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Even having that connection is something in itself. Have you told your close friend that you're active on here?

Yes he knows , i sent him a few screenshot of the site.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself
AvoidingMyself

AvoidingMyself

AvPD
Jul 7, 2023
A bit of both. I couldn't fit in with others no matter how hard I tried, so I just gave up. My father died of cancer, but we were never close anyway. My mother got with an abusive person, and he convinced her to steal what little money I had and leave me homeless. She hasn't been active on social media in a while. I worry about her.

migimortis

migimortis

Love It Or Waste It.
Jan 15, 2024
I have no friends and it's all my fault.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: MiMif and AvoidingMyself
Oudenophobia

Oudenophobia

May 29, 2023
Yes he knows , i sent him a few screenshot of the site.
To find someone with such an open mind to a such a taboo subject is a rarity.
A bit of both. I couldn't fit in with others no matter how hard I tried, so I just gave up. My father died of cancer, but we were never close anyway. My mother got with an abusive person, and he convinced her to steal what little money I had and leave me homeless. She hasn't been active on social media in a while. I worry about her.
Do you find that interacting with others online is as challenging as it is offline, or has one proven to be easier for you?

How do you manage to get by now after what happened with your mother?
I have no friends and it's all my fault.
What makes you blame yourself for the reality you live in?

Last edited:
onbekend

onbekend

Experienced
Jan 14, 2024
When you stop to consider everyone that has ever been a part of your life, how many people do you really have in your life that deserve that title?

Do you call anyone that listens to you a friend? Does any criteria need to be met before someone can be deemed worthy of the title?

What makes someone a real friend in your eyes?

This post will be done for women too as I would like to compare the answers. I do not wish to clog up this section with my threads, so I will wait at least twenty-four hours before posting this again for the women.
Sorry if I'm bad at this, I'm really inexperienced with online forums.
But anyway: At this point, I basically only have one friend. All my other "friends" are just there to make fun of me, Or I did something to fuck our relationship up. My only one friend I text regularly, And while it is rather nice, I also rarely have seen them in real life.

Last edited:
Oudenophobia

Oudenophobia

May 29, 2023
Sorry if I'm bad at this, I'm really inexperienced with online forums.
But anyway: At this point, I basically only have one friend. All my other "friends" are just there to make fun of me, Or I did something to fuck our relationship up. My only one friend I text regularly, And while it is rather nice, I also rarely have seen them in real life.
You're doing absolutely fine, and welcome to the forum.
Do you keep these people around for fear of not being able to make real friends in their place, or do you have another reason for why you entertain those that do not appreciate you?

onbekend

onbekend

Experienced
Jan 14, 2024
Well, It is mainly out of fear of not being able to make any other friends to replace them. I have nowhere to find any other friends and even if I did I'm sure I wouldn't have the guts to talk to them myself.
You're doing absolutely fine, and welcome to the forum.
Do you keep these people around for fear of not being able to make real friends in their place, or do you have another reason for why you entertain those that do not appreciate you?

migimortis

migimortis

Love It Or Waste It.
Jan 15, 2024
What makes you blame yourself for the reality you live in?
I made the reality I am in. I cut everyone off and retreated into myself. It's unfortunately as simple as that. Anxiety and depression consumed my life.

Oudenophobia

Oudenophobia

May 29, 2023
Well, It is mainly out of fear of not being able to make any other friends to replace them. I have nowhere to find any other friends and even if I did I'm sure I wouldn't have the guts to talk to them myself.
What is it that has you convinced that you won't be able to find other people to speak with? I could suggest a few places of my own knowledge for meeting other people if you're interested.

One thing I think that too few people are aware of is the power the internet possess when talking about communication; anxiety is a considerably large issue when it comes to general face to face communication for people, so do you feel you could benefit from speaking with people online to create the spark instead?
I made the reality I am in. I cut everyone off and retreated into myself. It's unfortunately as simple as that. Anxiety and depression consumed my life.
Do you not consider anxiety and depression as entities within their own right that have poisoned the very lake you drink from? Personification of these problems detatches you from them, thus giving you a new perspective when considering why you behave the way you do. It's no solution, but it's just something one can do to gain insight.

Do you feel you had a good reason for cutting yourself off from those around you, or do you feel you behaved recklessly in the heat of the moment?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I have literally never opened my mouth to talk to anyone but my mom and teachers in my 27 years of life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hardcore_Henry
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
I still have some friend that i talk to, but those who i trust with my depression side is just one person. The other? Well it's not like i hate them but i'm not trust them enough to handle/hear my depressed side

• Hugs
Reactions: Hardcore_Henry