• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024
I forgot to take my medication. I've felt a weird lapse in time. Lately I felt random gaps in time? Could this be stress. Should I be worried. I slept walker through my building one night and have been even eating in a sleep state. It's so strange I don't know if it's a side effect
I like to have control so this has been upsetting . I may start recording myself while I sleep?
Has anyone experienced this?

Reactions: davidtorez
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I forgot to take my medication. I've felt a weird lapse in time. Lately I felt random gaps in time? Could this be stress. Should I be worried. I slept walker through my building one night and have been even eating in a sleep state. It's so strange I don't know if it's a side effect
I like to have control so this has been upsetting . I may start recording myself while I sleep?
Sleeping issues? Or could you possibly be dissociating? I think you should consider sleep issues first because sleep walking is a big thing that could affect sleep.

Reactions: davidtorez
helicoptero

helicoptero

Estoy cansado jefe...
Jun 6, 2023
I have had similar symptoms, if you're taking a new medication or got any recent changes in it, I would advise to ask your doctor about it. It can be pretty baffling. There could be other explanations too but I would ask the dr first

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Feb 20, 2024
Sleeping issues? Or could you possibly be dissociating? I think you should consider sleep issues first because sleep walking is a big thing that could affect sleep.
I have always slept walked, lately I have been eating, doing other strange things it's scary. I don't know who I am when I'm asleep I think I may start recording actually, but it may just be hours of mundane footage 🤣
I have had similar symptoms, if you're taking a new medication or got any recent changes in it, I would advise to ask your doctor about it. It can be pretty baffling. There could be other explanations too but I would ask the dr first
Sometimes I wish I could just go off them. But I get catatojically depressed to the point where I cry and cry and scream and scream and don't leave my bed and can't have a coherent conversation . I turn into a nightmare fuel
I wonder if it's because of the cocktail of medications I've been on. More than I can count since a kid now. I considered taking more psychedelics like mushrooms to get off the medication, do you have any thoughts on psychedelics for weaning off antidepressants
Even when I ctb. I'd prefer to be off meds . The side effects are gross. And they don't even change anything……. My trauma must be the real problem. The revolving memories. The burning injustice inside me, sorry for the wall of text.D:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: helicoptero
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I have always slept walked, lately I have been eating, doing other strange things it's scary. I don't know who I am when I'm asleep I think I may start recording actually, but it may just be hours of mundane footage 🤣
If nothing bad has happened so far, then whatever is happening is strange but not dangerous. Dissociative conditions exacerbate under stress, so try to reassure yourself that you're alright if you feel yourself drifting a bit.

Personal question, but you ever have childhood trauma? That opens a whole lot of possibilities for what could be wrong.

Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Student
Feb 11, 2020
The loss of time could be dissociation (which can be caused by a variety of things, including stress, like you mentioned). Mild disassociation shouldn't cause too many problems for you, lots of people have it mildly and function very well. But like most things, it can range from mild to severe, so it just depends. I have severe disassociation and one thing that was hard to understand at first was just *how* much time I was losing (since for me, it would feel like 15 minutes, so I thought at the most an hour had passed, when it was really 6 hours).

The way I found out is by setting alarms on my phone so I'd end up looking at the time relatively often. That way I'd know before and after those chunks of time what time of day/night it was, and I had a reasonable estimate of how much time had passed. So that might be worth trying.

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Feb 20, 2024
If nothing bad has happened so far, then whatever is happening is strange but not dangerous. Dissociative conditions exacerbate under stress, so try to reassure yourself that you're alright if you feel yourself drifting a bit.

Personal question, but you ever have childhood trauma? That opens a whole lot of possibilities for what could be wrong.
very much so , no worries I hate small talk. And I don't have the social skills much for it anyhow

I didn't know this. I've been talking to myself to I've noticed in my sleep like I wake up speaking I'm not sure what that means. Just some strange things
Also not sure what's a dream anymore sometimes or what actually happened
The loss of time could be dissociation (which can be caused by a variety of things, including stress, like you mentioned). Mild disassociation shouldn't cause too many problems for you, lots of people have it mildly and function very well. But like most things, it can range from mild to severe, so it just depends. I have severe disassociation and one thing that was hard to understand at first was just *how* much time I was losing (since for me, it would feel like 15 minutes, so I thought at the most an hour had passed, when it was really 6 hours).

The way I found out is by setting alarms on my phone so I'd end up looking at the time relatively often. That way I'd know before and after those chunks of time what time of day/night it was, and I had a reasonable estimate of how much time had passed. So that might be worth trying.
Yes I always set alarms!!! This is a great reminder and I'm going to begin again. Somehow I lost the last day or so I can't remember much of yesterday morning at all. I might start writing too . To document the days I do know

6 minutes into six hours….. wow
Peace be with you 🛀 that is horrifyinh
I thought I heard my fire alarm going off the other week in a dream. I then embarrassed myself and asked all my neighbours and landlord … they said no. It happened again and I wanted to ask if it wa just a dream but I'm scared to ask now. I heard the sound so. Clearly

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Whale_bones
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I didn't know this. I've been talking to myself to I've noticed in my sleep like I wake up speaking I'm not sure what that means. Just some strange things
Like it feels like the words coming out of your mouth aren't your voice?
Could this be stress. Should I be worried.
I can give you a more conclusive answer to this with the new information. Basically, when you are under prolonged stress for too long, your body can induce a 'break.' Instead of feeling stressed you'll feel nothing or floaty for a period of time. It is your body's way of dealing with extreme distress to try to save yourself from feeling pain.

It can become maladaptive and be considered a disorder if you start dissociating at random times, or for too long.

Can't stress this enough, whatever you do don't ruminate over the symptoms. Don't think too hard about how you feel 'strange' or it will start becoming stressful and persisting.

Try grounding exercises too. Sometimes I would randomly float away. Touching people helped confirm that they were really there. And being immersed in water, so that I felt more connected with surroundings. If you're currently worried about your symptoms, then try to avoid triggers--e.g talking out loud, looking at mirrors, etc.
I forgot to take my medication.
Which med? SSRIs love to cause disassociation.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
i don't take many meds but i f'd up my finger so got a script. the instructions were to take a pill in the morning and at night. but i don't sleep well. i don't know when it is night or day

• Yay!
Reactions: melancholymallory03
melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Feb 20, 2024
Like it feels like the words coming out of your mouth aren't your voice?

I can give you a more conclusive answer to this with the new information. Basically, when you are under prolonged stress for too long, your body can induce a 'break.' Instead of feeling stressed you'll feel nothing or floaty for a period of time. It is your body's way of dealing with extreme distress to try to save yourself from feeling pain.

It can become maladaptive and be considered a disorder if you start dissociating at random times, or for too long.

Can't stress this enough, whatever you do don't ruminate over the symptoms. Don't think too hard about how you feel 'strange' or it will start becoming stressful and persisting.

Try grounding exercises too. Sometimes I would randomly float away. Touching people helped confirm that they were really there. And being immersed in water, so that I felt more connected with surroundings. If you're currently worried about your symptoms, then try to avoid triggers--e.g talking out loud, looking at mirrors, etc.

Which med? SSRIs love to cause disassociation.
Yes precisely like that, like the words aren't mine.
Grounding techniques I enjoy but my thoughts always overpower me. I feel like I don't deserve to be happy when there's so many people suffering, like it would be ignorant of me. I just want to silence my thoughts sometimes, I feel like I could implode.
Also also yesss I've heard that about SSRIS
, I'm on sertaline and prescribed abilfy and seroquel for sleep but I don't take the seroquel or abilify because I don't think they are worth it and the ssris help me get a lot more done I feel like such a lazy burdening bastard without them
i don't take many meds but i f'd up my finger so got a script. the instructions were to take a pill in the morning and at night. but i don't sleep well. i don't know when it is night or day
If only we could silence ourselves and thoughts, and get a good nights sleep.
Have you tried setting timers and alarms , someone recommended me that and I May give it a try. I usually have to set timers to finish things or I will over indulge. Like my art, or researching topics.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Yes precisely like that, like the words aren't mine.
Grounding techniques I enjoy but my thoughts always overpower me. I feel like I don't deserve to be happy when there's so many people suffering, like it would be ignorant of me. I just want to silence my thoughts sometimes, I feel like I could implode.
Also also yesss I've heard that about SSRIS
, I'm on sertaline and prescribed abilfy and seroquel for sleep but I don't take the seroquel or abilify because I don't think they are worth it and the ssris help me get a lot more done I feel like such a lazy burdening bastard without them
Well think about it this way, does the decrease in your happiness increase anyone else's happiness? Why not strive to pull everyone up with you instead of trying to lower yourself to their level?

If you had SSRIs for a while, it's probably not them causing you to feel weird then.

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Feb 20, 2024
Well think about it this way, does the decrease in your happiness increase anyone else's happiness? Why not strive to pull everyone up with you instead of trying to lower yourself to their level?

If you had SSRIs for a while, it's probably not them causing you to feel weird then.
I'm sorry I'm not sure I understand the instructions

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Feb 20, 2024
As in, change your goal to make others happiness rather than yourself sadder.
I'm afraid I couldn't make someone happy long term. That's the human condition……. I always run into the same walls of problems. Even if I think myself out of one trap, another row of questions await me about the meaning of life. I just can't understand how to live such a meaningless existence. It's " fun " sometimes, but what's the point of anything on a grand scale ……?

• Hugs
Reactions: penguinl0v3s