• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024
I don't know if this is due to extreme stress, or fatigue sometimes but I have been experiencing a lot of short term memory loss and losses of time …. I'm not sure if I should consult a doctor and I don't really like hospitals so I'm not sure . Has anyone else experienced this ..?

thelazyegg

thelazyegg

Mar 25, 2024
Yes stress can definitely affect short term memory. It has happened to me many times, though I do also have ADHD and have smoked weed. Stress wrecks havoc on the body, so not sure if that's part of also feeling fatigued. If it's concerning enough and negatively affecting your daily life, it might be worth it to go to a doctor. I never have honestly because my grandpa has Alzheimer's and so I've seen firsthand severe memory loss and even though I definitely think I have some post-concussion symptoms and problems with brain, my memory issues have never been close to anything like what he experienced.

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Feb 20, 2024
Yes stress can definitely affect short term memory. It has happened to me many times, though I do also have ADHD and have smoked weed. Stress wrecks havoc on the body, so not sure if that's part of also feeling fatigued. If it's concerning enough and negatively affecting your daily life, it might be worth it to go to a doctor. I never have honestly because my grandpa has Alzheimer's and so I've seen firsthand severe memory loss and even though I definitely think I have some post-concussion symptoms and problems with brain, my memory issues have never been close to anything like what he experienced.
Thank you it's more confusing , scary and off putting than anything! It feels like when you're trying to remember something you just forgot …. But more intense …x
I'm sorry about your grandpa🧡🕊️

• Hugs
Reactions: thelazyegg
thelazyegg

thelazyegg

Mar 25, 2024
Thank you it's more confusing , scary and off putting than anything! It feels like when you're trying to remember something you just forgot …. But more intense …x
I'm sorry about your grandpa🧡🕊️
I totally get what you mean! And that does sound scary. If it continues past today and you are struggling with recalling things and finding yourself forgetting where things are, how to get to places, etc. I would definitely go to a doctor to get checked out. I just want to reassure you that memory problems are common and there's a good chance your brain is okay and just stressed out 💕
ETA: also thank you for your condolences about my grandpa! I appreciate it. He has started to forget me when I see him and so it's becoming too hard to visit with him recently. I feel so bad and selfish tbh but it hurts so much.

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Feb 20, 2024
I totally get what you mean! And that does sound scary. If it continues past today and you are struggling with recalling things and finding yourself forgetting where things are, how to get to places, etc. I would definitely go to a doctor to get checked out. I just want to reassure you that memory problems are common and there's a good chance your brain is okay and just stressed out 💕
ETA: also thank you for your condolences about my grandpa! I appreciate it. He has started to forget me when I see him and so it's becoming too hard to visit with him recently. I feel so bad and selfish tbh but it hurts so much.
it's time I seek peace yes …. I am on my way there, slowly but surely. 🧡🕊️I may go if these symptoms get in the way of preserving my dignity because that's also a main reason I want to ctb. I don't want to let mental illness take over..

Thank you for your kind words .
& my goodness , Alzheimer's seems like one hell of a disease to live with. I can't imagine the pain you guys are both going through 😞..☮️🕊️I don't think you're selfish at all , just doing what needs to be done for your own sanity. Wishing you peace on this journey , and with you're grandpa🧡.

thelazyegg

thelazyegg

Mar 25, 2024
it's time I seek peace yes …. I am on my way there, slowly but surely. 🧡🕊️I may go if these symptoms get in the way of preserving my dignity because that's also a main reason I want to ctb. I don't want to let mental illness take over..

Thank you for your kind words .
& my goodness , Alzheimer's seems like one hell of a disease to live with. I can't imagine the pain you guys are both going through 😞..☮️🕊️I don't think you're selfish at all , just doing what needs to be done for your own sanity. Wishing you peace on this journey , and with you're grandpa🧡.
That's completely understandable and totally valid! I wish you peace on your journey as well and hope that you are able to get relief from these symptoms and suffering 💕 I'm really sorry you're going through it. And thank you so much for the well wishes and the validation about how I'm coping with my grandpa! It means a lot to me 🥹💕

• Love
Reactions: melancholymallory03
AshersGirl

AshersGirl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
When I get disassociative I lose time. Not sure that it's memory loss exactly, more that I'm on autopilot and not retaining anything or much aware of my surroundings.

If you think however you're losing time / having memory blackouts but still doing things (engaging in activities, having interactions with people that you can't even recollect doing/having) then it could be something else. I'm no expert but I guess whether you consult a dr is very dependent on how you feel about drs and how invested you are in trying to treat or fix it?

Sorry you're going through this.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
If you are getting blackouts that could be a symptom of ptsd. Good to Rule out anything neurological though and see a doctor about it