• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

dimstar

dimstar

Poor little woodpecker
Mar 17, 2023
I've had 4 therapist, longest being about 2 years. I've always felt extremely anxious all day sometimes even a few days before therapy, I know it can be normal but it's really turned me off from trying. My worst times of sh were during therapy and I always felt like I was doing worse because of the anxiety it caused. I want to try and get better but these thoughts that I'm going to slip back lower and lower scare me and make it hard. My GP told me to get a tattoo last time I went in for self harm care and has never been helpful. Is there any medication that will help ease this stress or methods to get them? I can get benzos off the street as they've helped immensely but I'm trying to do things legit. Anyone else deal with this and what did you do?

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
If your anxiety has a physiological basis you might experiment with stopping stimulants like coffee and taking supplements like GABA to see if you might be able to compensate for any neuro-chemical deficiency.

If some of the anxiety is psychological, you might experiment with various techniques such as reviewing a fear to see if it has become amplified or simulating a "worst case" in your mind to make a fear seem less consequential. Just being able to sort of step outside yourself and examine your thought processes can be difficult. It may be helpful to first imagine a friend that might be having the same reactions as you and think of what could be done to help your "friend". This might be a first step towards externalization that can allow you to take greater control of these processes.

• Informative
Reactions: Sulyya