• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ShinigamiNeko

ShinigamiNeko

Mar 11, 2024
I have been prescribed antidepressants and I have been on them for two weeks now, it just doesn't seems to be working at all. If anything it makes my choices clearer, I have attempted partial hanging multiple times. I just haven't gotten the right position yet. I want things to end so badly and don't know what will work.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Welcome! I think if you name the antidepressants you are on users who took the same meds could say sth about their experience. It may take some more time or you need others or dosage adjustments. The main question remains: What causes your MH issues and is that potentially fixable with meds? (e.g external factors that lead to MH issues can never be fixed with meds.)

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
IME it can take up to about 6 weeks for the antidepressants to kick in, depending on your own biology, and as @Praestat_Mori says, the type of antidepressant and your mental health.

They don't work for everyone and the reason there are so many different types is because different people respond differently.

(I tried 5 or 6 different ones before settling on my current meds. They don't make me "better" but they help me control significant emotional outbursts. I stopped taking them for a year or so and while I didn't notice the difference at the time, going back on them was an eye opener and I'm never coming off them again.)

ShinigamiNeko

ShinigamiNeko

Mar 11, 2024
The one I am prescribed with is called fluoxetine

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
That's what I'm on. Give it time and if there's still no effect, you'll probably have the dose increased, and then you can start considering alternatives. There's no quick fix, alas, and certainly no magic pill.

Reactions: ShinigamiNeko
M

momento.mori

Wake me up next year...
Mar 18, 2024
Welcome! I think if you name the antidepressants you are on users who took the same meds could say sth about their experience. It may take some more time or you need others or dosage adjustments. The main question remains: What causes your MH issues and is that potentially fixable with meds? (e.g external factors that lead to MH issues can never be fixed with meds.)
Finally someone who understands this simple but major concept! I've struggled with a few psychiatrist who want to shove men's down my throat and I'm frown upon because I always refuse because my problem are external and simply can't be fixed or changed! I'm sorry I know this post isn't about me and wish more people understood what you stated! Sometimes the only help is learning to cope and deal with those issues and learning it's OK to cry and have bad days!!
I was on Prozac before! Of course they start you on a small dose but I suggest about 3 weeks in let you're prescriber/psychiatrist know it's not helping so they can increase the dose. I asked for an increase at 3 weeks and my Dr agreed. Actually Prozac helped me function and get out of bed during a very difficult time in my life, I'm truly grateful for them and my benzoyl. I'm off them now because that terrible time have passed and the meds served their purpose. It's OK to tell your Dr you need an adjustment or perhaps ask if they think adding a mood stabilizer would help👍

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
Antidepressants usually need to be taken for 1 or 2 weeks (without missing a dose) before the benefit starts to be felt.
i was on Prozac for 1 and a half year it never did anything for me

Reactions: Praestat_Mori