G

Gordy99

Student
Jan 7, 2022
I take Klonopin and risperdal. These drugs help me stay calm. Ever since I started these medications a few years ago I tend to sleep like a baby. It's crazy how I wake up and 8 or so hours have passed. It usually feels like multiple days have passed when I wake up. I almost feel like I'm waking up from a coma. I have had short stretches where I randomly wake up at 2 AM for no reason or 12 AM because I need to use the bathroom. For the most part though I sleep very well.

Does anyone else have experience with these medications or similar ones and feel this way about their sleep? Obviously I am not complaining and just curious.

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest and Insomniac
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I have only taken Risperdal for a few months at a low dose, can't recall what it did. I do find that changes in sleep are the most common side effect from the myriad of meds I have taken. That and weight gain as well.

PursuitofWonder

PursuitofWonder

Student
Dec 12, 2020
Am constantly bouncing around different sleep drugs. Ive had that happen many times, especially when starting a new med, it's nice, if a bit disorienting when you wake up. I'm glad that the combo has worked for you and stays helpful, thats a big deal!
Anything I ever go on works for 2 months and then I get a tolerance and it stops.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Klonopin worked great for my sleep too. I really miss it, it let me go around in a haze of "I don't give a fuck" during the day and then pass out completely at night. But a benzo is bittersweet because you know you can't take it forever and it has both horrible long term effects and bad withdrawal symptoms. Can even cause dementia eventually if I remember correctly.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I take a low dose of quetiapine, between 50-100mg . It works for me after taking all the Z drugs that lost any effect on me. The only side effect is that I sleep too much, have weird dreams sometimes and need To wake up a few hours before to feel fully awake.

gottago222

gottago222

paranoia bae
Dec 21, 2021
im surprised you have been taking benzos for years and they still work for you. have you been upping your dose with time to get the same effects? the withdrawals are horrible the worst experience of my life. i am only taking them sometimes now as i plan to ctb soon so my health doesnt really matter

G

Gordy99

Student
Jan 7, 2022
im surprised you have been taking benzos for years and they still work for you. have you been upping your dose with time to get the same effects? the withdrawals are horrible the worst experience of my life. i am only taking them sometimes now as i plan to ctb soon so my health doesnt really matter

It still works for me. I have never upped my dose or abused the drug. Every once in a while I will forget to take my dose and it doesn't really impact me. If I skipped multiple doses then I'm sure I would feel the withdrawal.

I will say that when I first started taking risperdal and klonopin I would fall asleep within 15 minutes. This was only for the night time dose. Now I can take the medication at night and stay awake for 2 hours and then go to sleep pretty easily. I make a point to take the medication 2 hours before I want to sleep.

Reactions: gottago222