• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
While it sounds like a quite a stupid idea, do you think this could be a legit treatment for suicidal people who are having second thoughts? I'm sure it won't help PTSD or other hard-rooted causes, but being in such a state for maybe a couple of months might help balance the chemicals in the brain for people with non-hard-rooted causes, making you more clear minded and rational in your decision. I know it's a very flawed theory with no scientific proof but i think it would be really interesting to discuss your thoughts on it.

Reactions: kms2nite
Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
I like the idea. Being able to sleep myself for months at a time is an alternative to death that i most certainly would take. It may not permanently solve my problems but i wont be awake to think about them. There are alot of issues with this though if this is going to be an ongoing thing. Who's going to clean you while your asleep (your shit and pee)? If the medical staff will be cleaning you for months on end, then thats going to be costly. How will you continue to pay for it if your not working while you sleep? Keeping someone asleep for all that time is surely going to have some negative effects on your body as well (cant get specific im not a doctor).

I'd use it for the sole purpose of sleeping, nevermind balancing chemicals and whatnot. I dont think it would help much in that department but again im not a doctor so who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: forgetme
Monoxide

Monoxide

Apr 11, 2018
I've often looked into self-induced coma options tbh, but the medical bills would hurt my family too much just for a sense of false hope.

deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
I imagined myself as a homeless person taking constant ODs of drugs to sleep all day long until I cease to exist lol, but that would take too long. If they find you in a coma they will try to wake you up, even if you are disabled as a result of the damage. Society and its rules are clear, only a few places in the world understand our suicidal ideas, like Belgium or the Netherlands. Let's hope we get reincarnated there lol.

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
A disease called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome is sometimes treated with a medically-induced ketamine coma. But it's extremely expensive, from what I remember $10-20,000/week or more. And being in a coma makes you easily susceptible to infections, so some people end up with more problems than before. I actually thought about trying this for my health issues, but the cost/benefit ratio doesn't seem worthwhile.

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
A disease called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome is sometimes treated with a medically-induced ketamine coma. But it's extremely expensive, from what I remember $10-20,000/week or more. And being in a coma makes you easily susceptible to infections, so some people end up with more problems than before. I actually thought about trying this for my health issues, but the cost/benefit ratio doesn't seem worthwhile.
Haven't recent research showed ketamin helping with suicidal thoughts? Or am i reading to much into it?

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I imagined myself as a homeless person taking constant ODs of drugs to sleep all day long until I cease to exist lol, but that would take too long. If they find you in a coma they will try to wake you up, even if you are disabled as a result of the damage. Society and its rules are clear, only a few places in the world understand our suicidal ideas, like Belgium or the Netherlands. Let's hope we get reincarnated there lol.
Let's hope there is no reincarnation : )

Reactions: xoxoxoxo