R

Rose57

Student
Jan 2, 2019
I tried partial suspension a few years ago using a braided belt attached to a bed canopy. I was only able to block my airway and did not get even close to passing out. What did I do wrong? In addition, the belt left red marks on my neck that stayed for days. I had to avoid contact with people because it would have been clear from the marks that I had attempted hanging myself. Is there a way to prevent marks on the neck from forming?

• Hugs
Reactions: Trapped123, TimeToBiteTheDust, AJ. and 2 others
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
You hadn't hit the "sweet spot" the carotid artery as they call it. Partial is less reliant than other methods but it's also the only one available to me. You could try some padding around what ever you are using. That's also my problem, I live with my family and so they will notice straight away!

• Hugs
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, TimeToBiteTheDust and AJ.
A

AJ.

I--;
May 19, 2020
At my last attempt I put a handkerchief under rope and have a red mark on neck for two days. I was feeling badly those days so my father wasn't suprised that I am sick(I was feeling wery badly after attempt) and I was hiding the mark by hair, so fortunately he didn't noticed this.

I think that a mark after attempt with handkerchief under belt(which is widhter than rope) will left it less vissible. And it will be more comfortable.
I'm considering if cream would be helpfull, but I don't know.

Have you found sweet spot? When I squeezed arteries with noose, my vision started to graying out. But with little more pressure my tracheo started to be squeezed too so I stopped this.

Is my English understandable?

A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Might want to try small towel, i used it and i had barely visible marks, and i had full on hanging attempts. Mostly just small, few minute burns from, adjusting rope over and over

ugly_loser2008

ugly_loser2008

Jul 30, 2018
ive had that happen before too. here i am the dumbass that walk around with rope marks around his neck. funny thing is one time i had to go to the store after practicing and i was like fuck it so i went out with my neck exposed and nobody, not one person even looked at me or asked me about it.

V

Valsalva

Feb 25, 2020
Might want to try small towel, i used it and i had barely visible marks, and i had full on hanging attempts. Mostly just small, few minute burns from, adjusting rope over and over
How did you abort full?

A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
My foot found obstacle, pushed me up, noose loosened, i got air and woke up with a lil lack of memory of what im doing. Since i forgot i purposely hanged myself i removed the rope