• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Excellent post! No brain damage from SN. We have a large sample size and not one case of it.
there-can-be-only-one.jpg

SN SN SN !

Reactions: demuic
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
This. I cannot fathom the mental machinations that have convinced some individuals hypoxia cannot cause brain injury.

Don't get me wrong, I think SN is probably the most accessible, relatively peaceful method available, but everything carries a risk. I feel like I've had to become the forum contrarian.

D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
Come on guys, if you're going to kill yourself you have to accept there is a risk of brain damage. Unless you blow your head off with a shotgun, there is a chance you will be found and 'saved'. If the brain is without oxygen for several minutes you will get brain damage, regardless of the method used. All 'failed' cases on here are because they were quickly found or they asked for help, their brains hadn't been deprived of oxygen for long enough to cause lasting damage. Hypoxia is a well known cause of brain injury
This is why I'm planning on getting US citizenship- I current have UK citizenship. Then, I can buy a gun & shoot my head off.

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Come on guys, if you're going to kill yourself you have to accept there is a risk of brain damage. Unless you blow your head off with a shotgun, there is a chance you will be found and 'saved'. If the brain is without oxygen for several minutes you will get brain damage, regardless of the method used. All 'failed' cases on here are because they were quickly found or they asked for help, their brains hadn't been deprived of oxygen for long enough to cause lasting damage. Hypoxia is a well known cause of brain injury
The risk is neglible especially in comparison to other methods.

Of course outside factors could lead to "failure". That's external factors and has nothing to do with SN itself.

Don't get found or call for help and you will likely die. That's it.

This thread is so weird.

Reactions: elfgyoza
๐Ÿ‘

๐Ÿ‘๏ธ๐Ÿ‘ƒ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

Enlightened
Aug 14, 2022
Hey all, and especially OP, please do a site search of SN and brain damage. I recently posted in one such thread that nitrite protects the brain, which is why people recover without brain damage. I attached links. You can search with my username. If I recall correctly, rats were discussed in that thread and that's what pissed me off and got me to searching for reliable information, so maybe use rats as the search term with me as the user. I'm on a tablet and have a spotty wifi connection, so it's more effort to do all the searching and linking than I have the energy or motivation for, but I've given you enough information you should be able to find it pretty easily. And honestly, I read just a handful of the comments and I get drained by speculation, after a certain amount of time it just gets old. I care enough to say something about it and say where to find the info if one is motivated to put in the effort if they really want to know. I do wish y'all the best, I'm just in a bit of cranky old lady mode tonight, I genuinely don't mean to shame anyone, and I do care that y'all get (and give) accurate and helpful information to make the most reasonably informed decisions one can, as any suicide attempt is a big risk.
thank you