H

HadenoughHA

Dec 17, 2019
As previously posted I've got a couple of preferred methods SN or partial if I ever need to turn to this...
My other preferred method would be CO poisoning either by coals or acids.

I've read the mega thread and find the technical apparatus far too complicated and could only find bits of info on hand pouring the acids.
So...does anyone know if you can just mix the two acids Sulfuric and Formic by hand in a glass bowl and how do you stop the acid lung burn?
Thank you

C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
As previously posted I've got a couple of preferred methods SN or partial if I ever need to turn to this...
My other preferred method would be CO poisoning either by coals or acids.

I've read the mega thread and find the technical apparatus far too complicated and could only find bits of info on hand pouring the acids.
So...does anyone know if you can just mix the two acids Sulfuric and Formic by hand in a glass bowl and how do you stop the acid lung burn?
Thank you
Water wash. See the other big thread x

Reactions: HadenoughHA
H

Heady_Cerebrum

Jan 24, 2020
There are different versions of CO generators using formic acid. It would help to know what version you are finding difficult to replicate?

Reactions: HadenoughHA
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Acids are almost always found in some kind of household product, since it can be difficult to obtain strong acids from a chemical company as a private citizen (at least here.)

The concern is that the other ingredients in the household product may produce an unwanted byproduct or effect.

Swimming pool chemicals can be a good source but are tougher to find in the winter.

Reactions: HadenoughHA and Heady_Cerebrum
Daktalsnakal

Daktalsnakal

I had seven faces thought I knew which one to wear
Jan 18, 2020
Where can I find the mega threads on these I've searched them but cant seem to find them

Reactions: Predestinated
angelus

angelus

Interfice teipsum, et gaudium invenies.
Jul 29, 2021
There are different versions of CO generators using formic acid. It would help to know what version you are finding difficult to replicate?
I bought formic acid 85% and sulfuric acid for battery electrolyte, 0.9 L, and boiled it to 230 ml. I think it's around 70%.
I mixed the acids and the reaction took place, but the gas is unbreathable, it strongly smells like formic acid's vapors.
What's wrong? Can the electrolyte acid have additives?
Early COGen was using the gas directly from the reaction chamber through a hose connected to a mask, but Gulps CO generator uses a water chamber.
Does bubbling the gas through water take away the acid vapors? And in this case, does not the CO get diluted?
What about the early COGen? I couldn't breathe in the gas.

W

wereqryan

Experienced
Dec 22, 2018
but the gas is unbreathable, it strongly smells like formic acid's vapors.
You need to put it through a hydroxide bath to neutralize the acid and collect the CO gas.

Reactions: Failureatlife and pthnrdnojvsc
C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
You need to put it through a hydroxide bath to neutralize the acid and collect the CO gas.
Be great if you could link information on how to do this for ppl xx

angelus

angelus

Interfice teipsum, et gaudium invenies.
Jul 29, 2021
I figured that out, and I tried with water. It was breathable, but it still had a slight smell of acid. I hope the hydroxide will get the job done. Thank you for replying.

Reactions: wereqryan, cappuccinogirl and pthnrdnojvsc
C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
I figured that out, and I tried with water. It was breathable, but it still had a slight smell of acid. I hope the hydroxide will get the job done. Thank you for replying.
Well done. Be useful for people if you could explain what you did, pics etc. Potassium hydroxide? Thanks x

Reactions: HD72 and wereqryan