• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

AStruggle

AStruggle

a clinically depressed vidya connoisseur
Feb 8, 2024
Hello fellow struggling individuals.

First of all, I'd like to mention why did I choose the "Recovery" section for this post. I am currently trying to get my life together. That means treating my depression, fixing my health problems, finding myself, pursuing my interests and such. Most of the time I'm all over the place, but posting here kinda makes me feel better. I feel like people here are most likely to understand what I am going through and support me, give me words of advice, as well as take my life experience seriously.

I am almost out of money.
Back in december of 2023 I was fired from my job in IT due to industry crisis and underperformance. I was completely fucked back then. I was so burnt out that I literally couldn't force myself work anymore, couldn't write a single line of code, fell asleep during meetings and just wasn't able to get invested in a project in general.

I've been in treatment for 2-3 months straight since, living off my savings, staying at my family's home, trying to find anything worth living for and taking antidepressants.
Having to work again feared me back then, but now this thought became much more bearable. I am seeing progress like this, and it makes me happier. That means I'm slowly recovering, so it makes me feel much better.

Recently I've decided to find a job again. The thing is, my line of work doesn't interests me anymore, It's just meaningless to me, because my interests are very different now and I am very critical of capitalism. I don't feel fulfilled working for someone else, making big money for them and getting a fraction of what they get in return. That's the basics.

So, the plan is to fake my work experience, lie on an interview and try to get a job any way I can. Once I get the job, I'd try to work as less as possible and stay there for as long as I can, so that way I could make enough money with minimum effort.

What do you think?

J

Juli

Jan 27, 2024
It's great to hear that you're trying. It takes a lot of courage. In all honesty, I don't think your job plan is going to work. Depending on the job, they may do performance reviews. Also, assuming there is a trial period, I don't think you'll get away with doing a minimal amount of work for very long.

Reactions: AStruggle
AStruggle

AStruggle

a clinically depressed vidya connoisseur
Feb 8, 2024
It's great to hear that you're trying. It takes a lot of courage. In all honesty, I don't think your job plan is going to work. Depending on the job, they may do performance reviews. Also, assuming there is a trial period, I don't think you'll get away with doing a minimal amount of work for very long.
I guess you're right, it's pretty naive of me. It's kind of frustrating tbh - when you're supposed to spend your energy and time on something that makes you worse when you don't have the energy in the first place. I guess it would be great to try and do something that would be more meaningful for me personally, but there's no guarantee it'd work out, and that's what discourages me most.
Thanks for your reply though. Huge love to you.

• Love
Reactions: Juli
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
So, the plan is to fake my work experience, lie on an interview and try to get a job any way I can. Once I get the job, I'd try to work as less as possible and stay there for as long as I can, so that way I could make enough money with minimum effort.
It can work! You're a programmer, right? Managers have a hard time detecting programmer competence in the first 3 months. It's a cost of business, new hires not working out

You'll probably just last a couple months, unless there's a messy reorg, or you get an energy boost, or something. You may feel huge stress & shame. Don't. You should not have to live this way; your society is evil. Remember this: you deserve more dignity & respect. We all do

Your CV will have an increasingly large hole. Best to fill it up somehow, with some project you can pretend you've been working on

Reactions: AStruggle