• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

lack

lack

im sorry for what i said
Sep 14, 2023
feeling very frustrated. Every time I look into medical assistance in death for Canada, I get excited that they removed the limitation on people with mental illness from receiving help with assisted suicide.. the law was first updated on March 17, 2021 to allow people with mental illness to apply. then very very swiftly due to public outrage, they amended it to wait for one year to review safeguards and shit like that.. like, ok. I'm still fine with that. i get it. i feel confident I'd still qualify for it after strong review from many doctors. so they amended it on March 17 2022, to be a more strictly guarded process of review and stuff for any individual with mental illness seeking MAiD. ok, sweet. I didn't really know about this at the time, and I guess it wouldn't have mattered because due to more public outrage "on March 9, 2023, the extension of the temporary exclusion of eligibility for medical assistance in dying (MAID) received Royal Assent and came into force, postponing the eligibility date for persons suffering solely from mental illness until March 17, 2024".

what the fuck. ok.
trying to find more information now , since it's currently a couple months past this date.. And as I'm scrolling on the page I see this

"On February 29, 2024, legislation to extend the temporary exclusion of eligibility to receive MAID in circumstances where a person's sole underlying medical condition is a mental illness received royal assent and immediately came into effect. The eligibility date for persons suffering solely from a mental illness is now March 17, 2027.

To receive updates via Justice Canada news releases, subscribe to our RSS feed by visiting https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/news-nouv/rss.html. " ( I had to include the bit about RSS because, *what the fuck*?! like.. ugh.. what the fuck.. no.. that's so grim.. and like.. fuck.. at least 3 more years this time.. and why should I believe that at that point, it would be anything other than another fucking extension???? So you want me to subscribe to the RSS feed?! fuck your RSS feed !! my life is a fucking 24/7 nightmare!! for 34 years !!! Don't tell me I have to wait another 3 years for THE POTENTIAL to have medical assistance in death?! )

Also another thing that I saw while scrolling is the obligatory warning "This webpage deals with topics that may cause distress. If you or someone close to you needs support, we encourage you to reach out. Resources are available at canada.ca/mental-health."

Which makes my blood BOIL, *as fucking if* I haven't already tried to utilize all of Canada's fucking garbage resources for mental health, aghhhhhhhh. and .. y'know, ugh, I get that they have to put there for people who are like not seriously in need of MAiD but just want relief and can use those resources maybe but they put that warning literally right before the news that they're extending it until 2027. it's like.. fuck, if the resources were actually better maybe i wouldn't feel so hopeless but i am pretty confident it's hopeless for me as doctors have told me that so.. even the medical field agrees on some level, I know I would qualify. why do they keep amending it, for other fucking people? the non suicidal people? the society left behind, forced to think about their failures in supporting one another ? what the fuck

2027 will be the 10 year mark since my dad died, though. maybe it's some kind of fate. he was the only person who would pick up my call no matter what. he knew I was suicidal since I was a little kid. he pulled me out of highschool because he was scared of me possibly doing a school shooting? which is .. sort of indicative of how paranoid and brainwashed by the news he was. I would never have done that; I didn't even have access to guns or anything.. but I always did daydream I'd shoot myself in front of everyone. i wouldn't want to hurt anyone, I want them to know they hurt me. I feel so rejected by everyone in the world. I want to know how badly we're all failing. They can't see that if they're dead; and I don't want to cause harm to anyone. I even struggle to kill flies and spiders. i don't *like* death. I can't stand to suffer.

i think my new daydream will be a very public suicide in a crowded area where I couldn't possibly hurt anyone else, but could die swiftly in a way that disturbs people enough to think deeper about suicide, and to do it in the name of allowing MAiD to allow mentally ill people to qualify.

this post ended up a lot longer than I originally intended. im sorry , but thank you to anyone who read it this far.. if there's anyone out there.

yesterday i was told by two out of my four in real life friends that im either "too much" and "really intense". im just so sorry for being me. really truly. i don't want to be this way.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I find it beyond unacceptable how it's not already legalised anyway, but I'm not even surprised at what they are doing honestly and it's truly so horrible, they are just prolonging the suffering of others and making them suffer way more for the sake of it, I despise how we exist in such an anti-suicide society.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
The problem is how do you define when someone suicidal is beyond treatment? It's hard to be crystal clear when all attempts at recovery have failed. Laws tend to be black and white and being suicidal is far from. It's very complicated and I think it will be decades until we unravel it all.

lack

lack

im sorry for what i said
Sep 14, 2023
The problem is how do you define when someone suicidal is beyond treatment? It's hard to be crystal clear when all attempts at recovery have failed. Laws tend to be black and white and being suicidal is far from. It's very complicated and I think it will be decades until we unravel it all.
um, well. except.. Not really. Do you know about medical assistance in death laws and stuff in Canada? .. like they've been working on it for decades already. there very much already is many systems in place here. They have it in the Netherlands for people with mental illness and it's pretty obvious that were trying to go for the same thing here. There have been lots of cases tied to it already and I had a friend once who's mom failed suicide multiple times and ended up in a very very very bad situation and her case was literally used to help this become a reality in Canada. It's definitely being put into laws already, and that grey area you're talking about already has some semblance of Solution. My issue, literally, is that they DO have these laws in place and they're just preventing it for a few years because of public outrage and concerns but like. The laws already exist. It's not like it will be decades to figure It out if it's already been figured out .
Maid infographic en
It just requires final consent and the strengthened safeguards. Like they already have it set up and ready to go are just waiting a bit of time it seems. they wouldn't have all this ready and be promising it for years sjust to put it off for DECADES. tbh that's kind of distressing to hear and isn't helpful in any way and kinda goes against what I understand cognitively as I look at all the info and everything I know about MAiD in Canada.. which feels like more than maybe you do, but at the same time, like... What's the point in saying this if not to upset me ? It's hard to not be upset by someone coming in and being like nah decades even though I just expressed my concern is with the fact they do have things in place . it makes me feel so stressed out when it feels like people dont even understand what I'm trying to express. like I know im dogshit at explaining myself especially when I'm upset :'(

Last edited:
Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Student
Feb 11, 2020
That's such a slap in the face, to be told a reasonably peaceful end to your suffering is actually within reach, then have it ripped away for no legitimate reason at all. It makes me angry, and I'm not even in Canada, I can only imagine how it must feel actually going through it.

I think what the other commenter said is just what a lot of people tend to think when they've heard about this, but haven't looked deeply at the laws. Our generally pro life society pushes the idea that "it'd be too complicated, it can't be done" and people hear that sentiment so much, they think it's true. They don't end up looking any further, so they don't know details about how the laws work.

The whole "it'd be too complicated" thing was pushed with purely physical diseases just as hard, and then when governments actually got down to working on it, it was clear they can employ all sorts of safeguards, waiting periods, make doctors do their jobs, have other professionals do assessments, etc. We have laws already that state when someone is mentally incompetent; all these things are already defined in law, it's just the average person doesn't know the definitions. It's completely within a government's ability to draw those lines, and many have done so with terminal physical diseases. And now a few have with mental diseases as well.

You explained yourself well, don't worry, I completely understand where you're coming from and I would feel the exact same way. I hope that, somehow, the government doesn't keep bending to a small but loud group of people who act outraged, and that they can understand this is a right that needs to be set in stone.

lack

lack

im sorry for what i said
Sep 14, 2023
You explained yourself well, don't worry, I completely understand where you're coming from and I would feel the exact same way. I hope that, somehow, the government doesn't keep bending to a small but loud group of people who act outraged, and that they can understand this is a right that needs to be set in stone.

this means so much to me. thank you. your whole response was so thoughtfully crafted and i just appreciate your response so much. it's exactly the kind of support i was looking for when i posted. validating acknowledgement, and to not feel like im screaming into a vacuum.

one of the most painful things about this forum being so wonderfully supportive is that there are so many wonderful people here and it's gut wrenching to know we're all bound by our suffering and struggles.. it's the most truly bittersweet thing i've ever felt in my life.

Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Oblivion
Jan 10, 2024
It's "delayed" mostly (if not wholy) due to politics. Expect it to be "delayed" again once the Conservatives inevitably get into power.

MAID for mental illness is a lost cause is Canada, but at least it's there for those suffering at old age. That's better than nothing, though it doesn't apply to us.

lack

lack

im sorry for what i said
Sep 14, 2023
It's "delayed" mostly (if not wholy) due to politics. Expect it to be "delayed" again once the Conservatives inevitably get into power.

MAID for mental illness is a lost cause is Canada, but at least it's there for those suffering at old age. That's better than nothing, though it doesn't apply to us.
yeah, i know. i totally know about the politics. thats what i tried to mention a couple times; the outrage from the public. if youre also a canadian who's interested in MAiD, then you've possibly seen the different news articles about people outraged for different (honestly, totally justifiable) reasons. it's so messy.

MAiD is absolutely not a lost cause. why do you think that? like.. what? haha. ok. lol.. im not sure how to respond to your reply, considering you didn't elaborate at all on your reasons why you believe MAiD is a "lost cause".

Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Oblivion
Jan 10, 2024
yeah, i know. i totally know about the politics. thats what i tried to mention a couple times; the outrage from the public. if youre also a canadian who's interested in MAiD, then you've possibly seen the different news articles about people outraged for different (honestly, totally justifiable) reasons. it's so messy.

MAiD is absolutely not a lost cause. why do you think that? like.. what? haha. ok. lol.. im not sure how to respond to your reply, considering you didn't elaborate at all on your reasons why you believe MAiD is a "lost cause".
Yeah, I can understand why people are outraged by it. Though that doesn't mean that we should've have MAID as an option.

I say it's a lost cause because I don't believe you'll ever convince a significant amount of people of the merit of MAID for mental illness. There's still too many people who think being mentally ill is all your fault or that "we're all a little depressed and ocd haha".

That, and the pattern of subsequent delays suggests that the government isn't interested in making MAID an option for people like us. It's not happening under a Liberal government, and it almost certainly won't happen under a Conservative government.

H

Hotsackage

Warlock
Mar 11, 2019
I'm fully aware of the asshats claiming that the government is corrupt to give them more money. Meanwhile there are people WHO ARE IN AGONY AND CANNOT SPEAK UP, and could use MAID to gain peace. I mean I could prolly get it legislated in a week if I wanted to, but it's complicated. I'm sorry you are going through this.