L

lymbo

Arcanist
Oct 12, 2019
Yes, I had X-rays, CT scan and MRI. There was a schmorl's node and a bulging disc. Another thing I forgot to mention was I used TENS machine a lot. I found that very helpful at blocking out the pain.
l have the same , bulgyng dysk. what exersyses helped you?

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
l have the same , bulgyng dysk. what exersyses helped you?
I had a regime from physiotherapist including some yoga/Pilates type exercises. I did them for a while and eventually joined a gym and strengthened my back that way. At the moment I'm not doing any exercises but not in any pain. I make sure to sit in chairs with good back support though.

• Love
Reactions: lymbo
L

lymbo

Arcanist
Oct 12, 2019
I had a regime from physiotherapist including some yoga/Pilates type exercises. I did them for a while and eventually joined a gym and strengthened my back that way. At the moment I'm not doing any exercises but not in any pain. I make sure to sit in chairs with good back support though.
may l ask your reasons for wantyng to cbt then?

brainpain2

brainpain2

Student
Sep 16, 2019
Chronic pain disorder here and it mostly affects my mid back. I also have low back problems intermittently due to my SI joint. It's the main reason I want to CTB but here's what helps sometimes - a consistent sleep schedule #1 - your body recovers during sleep! Going to bed and waking up close to the same time, almost every day.
- lowering stress/anxiety. Pain feeds off stress. When your body is in fight or flight mode everything is amplified.
- Foam rolling. Specifically those big ones you just play back on and go to work. They can be too much at first but then you can gradually increase the pressure and now I use a hard plastic one with little hard nubs all over it. It hurts so good!
-exercise, know your limits. Don't overdo it but resist the urge to lay around too much. It would be of help to have a Physio therapist prescribe some strengthening exercises. Likely you would be doing a lot of core work, like planks.
-Walking. Even when you really don't want to, try to get up and move even for a few minutes every hour or so. Every half an hour is even better but less realistic.
- stretching but make sure you are not over stretching. It is a thing and can make things worse.
- Some people have luck with muscle relaxants, prescription and otherwise. I wasn't so lucky

Best of luck to you.

• Love
L

lymbo

Arcanist
Oct 12, 2019
Chronic pain disorder here and it mostly affects my mid back. I also have low back problems intermittently due to my SI joint. It's the main reason I want to CTB but here's what helps sometimes - a consistent sleep schedule #1 - your body recovers during sleep! Going to bed and waking up close to the same time, almost every day.
- lowering stress/anxiety. Pain feeds off stress. When your body is in fight or flight mode everything is amplified.
- Foam rolling. Specifically those big ones you just play back on and go to work. They can be too much at first but then you can gradually increase the pressure and now I use a hard plastic one with little hard nubs all over it. It hurts so good!
-exercise, know your limits. Don't overdo it but resist the urge to lay around too much. It would be of help to have a Physio therapist prescribe some strengthening exercises. Likely you would be doing a lot of core work, like planks.
-Walking. Even when you really don't want to, try to get up and move even for a few minutes every hour or so. Every half an hour is even better but less realistic.
- stretching but make sure you are not over stretching. It is a thing and can make things worse.
- Some people have luck with muscle relaxants, prescription and otherwise. I wasn't so lucky

Best of luck to you.
thank you and may god have mercy on us

Reactions: Leiden and Death.
painoflife

painoflife

Arcanist
Jul 27, 2019
I take pregablin and dihydrocodeine but nothing really works. Am due fusion surgery in next few months. This has a low chance of success. I'm not planning on going through with it as want to be long gone before it comes up.

My partner had L5-S1 fusion and decompression about 5 years ago following years of pain. They eventually found he he PARS defect and this was the only thing that might help. It took so long to diagnose and treat that the surgery turned out to be useless as the nerve damage is permanent from being compressed for so long. He now has severe pain and the nerve damage causes his legs to go numb so he falls a lot. He is on pregabalin, dihydrocodiene and matrifen patches. He can't go out alone incase he falls and I had to become his full time carer because he can't even do the simplest of things like put socks and shoes in without being in a lot of pain.

• Aww..
Reactions: Leiden and samarra
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
yes l wouldnt want to ctb . lts the only reason l want to ctb now, before my lyfe was great
Are you able to move around pretty freely or are you confined?
My partner had L5-S1 fusion and decompression about 5 years ago following years of pain. They eventually found he he PARS defect and this was the only thing that might help. It took so long to diagnose and treat that the surgery turned out to be useless as the nerve damage is permanent from being compressed for so long. He now has severe pain and the nerve damage causes his legs to go numb so he falls a lot. He is on pregabalin, dihydrocodiene and matrifen patches. He can't go out alone incase he falls and I had to become his full time carer because he can't even do the simplest of things like put socks and shoes in without being in a lot of pain.
The human body is a friggin death trap I swear. It pisses me off so bad you have no idea.

• Love