• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

flightlessbutterfly

flightlessbutterfly

Mindless Wanderer
Jun 25, 2023
On one hand, it makes me float. I have people who share my interests, who accompany me when I'm bored and overthinking and overwhelmed, I have people who can listen to me talk and be there when I'm miserable.

On the other hand, it's so obvious that I'm the only one treating this friendship like it's my everything. It's so obvious that I'm the one small branch of your many, many friend groups and friendships. I can call you my best friend, but to you, we're not much in terms of our relationship. Just casuals hanging out together out of convenience or a share or interest. I'm insignificant, I'm nothing. I can disappear and your life wouldn't even change a bit.

On one hand, it makes me feel like I deserve happiness. I can slowly but surely allow myself to be vulnerable, to be gentle, to have soft hands not touch me with malice or ill intent. I have people who can stay, for a long time. It's like an addiction.

But on the other hand, that's it, no? A dr*g, an addiction. All those perfect little friendships you see on television are all fucking fake, they're little gift wrapped dead mice that spring open with rat poison the longer you consume it. An illusion created by me to cope with my loneliness.

I love friendship. But lord, I fucking hate just as much if not more.
I distanced myself, because I've hurt enough. I don't want to hurt anymore. This way, it'll be easier on both of us when I leave.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rational man and Forever Sleep
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
I don't think many people understand what friendship is. Muhammad Ali put it perfectly;

Friendship is a priceless gift that cannot be bought nor sold,
but its value is far greater than a mountain made of gold;
for gold is cold & lifeless - it can neither see nor hear,
in time of trouble its powerless to cheer —
it has no ears to listen, no heart to understand,
it cannot bring you comfort or reach out a helping hand.
So when you ask God for a gift,
be thankful if sends not diamonds, pearls or riches
but the love of real true friends."
In an interview he also mentioned how he doesn't have any true real friends. I'm paraphrasing from memory, "a true friend is one that doesn't want anything from you and would die for you in an instant, all the people in my life want something from me."​

• Love
Reactions: flightlessbutterfly and Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Such a profound observation on your part,.which I think.describes the widespread pretence of our world. So many people want instant.everything and immediate gratification of material stuff. We seem empty in this mismatched thinking. Ive never had many friends but a few who I could trust. Now one friend is my carer who did not abandon me, unlike my family.

• Love
Reactions: flightlessbutterfly