P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I'm getting close to the edge. I'm losing a person close to me because of bigots and finances, I suck at school, I'm talentless, and I have no hope of ever completing a degree. It's like I keep adjusting my dreams to be more realistic and I keep getting beat down anyway. I'm sick of it.
I'd love to talk to my therapist about LGBT issues but I know they aren't the most affirming and we have a good thing going so I don't wanna ruin that. I can't be picky about therapy and I've got a little over a year until I get kicked off my parents' insurance.
I'm just so fucking upset and full of rage.

• Hugs
Reactions: LivideLamb and waitingforrest
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
School experience can be somewhat harmful to young people in that it tends to promote itself as the major path through life. This can be seen by how often a failure to go to college is seen as a tragedy. School often fails to present the wider view of the world that constitutes reality. As a result school difficulties can become exaggerated in importance.

It might be better if schools were to teach how to recover from a broken heart, that most of us will never be able to afford to live like the people on TV (who are imaginary), and that much of life is a process of discovery that requires us to explore, attempt, get burned, and try again.

P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I agree. It should probably start in elementary. Kids can handle a lot more than people realize and being realistic at an early age I think it's better for them mentally.

Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
If you are loosing a person because of those reasons then you deserve better. Don't loose yourself too. I know you are thinking badly about yourself at the time but I can assure you that none of this is true. These are your bad thoughts talking and they do nothing but lie. You have come so far and you have mastered so many difficulties and I am so proud of you for that!! Of course it is important to be realistic when it comes to your career. But be sure that you are being realistic and not pessimistic. If you are already in a dark spot then don't make rash decisions, as they will always be negatively influenced.
Clear your mind, clear your head, thank yourself for how far you've come and the fact that you are still here. The future can wait, what matters is here and now, everything can change suddenly, for the worse but also for the better. Just hold on, take breaks and appreciate yourself, you got this!!

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I'm getting close to the edge. I'm losing a person close to me because of bigots and finances, I suck at school, I'm talentless, and I have no hope of ever completing a degree. It's like I keep adjusting my dreams to be more realistic and I keep getting beat down anyway. I'm sick of it.
I'd love to talk to my therapist about LGBT issues but I know they aren't the most affirming and we have a good thing going so I don't wanna ruin that. I can't be picky about therapy and I've got a little over a year until I get kicked off my parents' insurance.
I'm just so fucking upset and full of rage.
I agree with everyone else here. If you lose someone due to that, they were too shallow for you. Now, that being said, i understand it still hurts.

Also, what makes you believe you won't complete a degree? I'm sure you can achieve it if you put your amazing mind to it, and push these negative thoughts away. A sorta "fake it til you make it" mindset. I did that and I'm honestly doing much better. I've recently motivated myself to go to college.

Even if you don't complete your degree, it doesn't mean you're a failure or that you're talentless. Your amazing and unique in your own way, and I'm sure you have talents.

I know how the insurance situation is, after I'm off my moms, I have to rely on my bio dad who I haven't seen since I was 3 to keep me on his insurance (don't think he will but who knows).

I wish I could help with the LGBT stuff but I am not a part of that community, therefore can't relate personally to the struggles associated with it. I can attempt to sympathize with you though, I imagine being part of a marginalized community is very tough. I do wish you the best tho :)