• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

jenny6391bubbles

jenny6391bubbles

a hikikomori waiting to catch the bus
Mar 1, 2021
I'm getting burned out from dancing multiple times a week and I try my best not to let it show in my voice and in my face. If I don't like dancing anymore, what's left of me? What good am I?

I get told this multiple times but I need to keep practicing outside of training hours to see improvement. I don't get to practice outside of class and training because training ends really late and sometimes I don't even get enough energy to eat dinner when I get home. Every time I'm in a class or I'm training, it feels like I'm the worst dancer in the group and it's like I don't ever improve at all. I feel like there's not enough time and energy for me to improve decently.

I also hate watching myself dance because I make so many mistakes and I look so awful. I also really hate looking at myself in a mirror, but I'm only comfortable enough to just bear it when I need to put on skincare, makeup, etc. I hate having to practice speeches or whatever in front of a mirror. I hate having to look at myself dance while staring into a mirror.

My self-hate and low self-esteem are so powerful it's like I don't think I'll be able to love myself and give myself validation and comfort ever. I end up looking for validation through other people and I know it's bothersome for me and the others, so I really, really don't know what to do now.

Also, putting this there, but yes, I go to therapy. I have a mental health disorder that takes at least 10 years of therapy for it to go into remission. I wonder if anyone is willing to put up with me for that long. I guess I'll just try to practice being alone and being comfortable with the feelings of loneliness. I do wish my attempt back in 2019 actually made me die. Sure, I've gotten some fun new experiences, but I don't think it was worth it all. Especially since the pandemic came the year after and we all know how that made people feel.

BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
I've done the thing I love so much I hated it a couple of times.
I took an extended break from it and that helped me.
If it isn't rewarding then my advice is drop it, especially if it makes you feel bad.
Life is too short for that shit.

• Hugs
Reactions: jenny6391bubbles
jenny6391bubbles

jenny6391bubbles

a hikikomori waiting to catch the bus
Mar 1, 2021
I've done the thing I love so much I hated it a couple of times.
I took an extended break from it and that helped me.
If it isn't rewarding then my advice is drop it, especially if it makes you feel bad.
Life is too short for that shit.
I will definitely take a break once the semester ends! Hopefully, this feeling doesn't last long.

Reactions: BrainShower
BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
Yeah, I hope it doesn't for you. For me I had to take a break, otherwise it was just going to keep getting worse.
It felt bad to stop and impacted my future with it, but continuing would have resulted in quitting it forever I think. And I'm glad that didn't happen.

• Hugs
Reactions: jenny6391bubbles
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I get you about the mirror. I fucking HATE looking in the mirror. So much that I don't have them in my house if I have to stay in a hotel I'll cover them.