• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

E

experimentee

Sep 10, 2023
Wondered if this plan for long drop hanging would work? I know little about these things and just want to avoid any blunders.
  • I intend to use a 10m long static climbing rope which is 8mm thick
  • The knot around my neck would be a slipknot
  • The knot around the anchor point would be the anchor hitch
  • I weigh about 75kg, and I am aiming for decapitation
My biggest concern is whether the anchor hitch is a suitable knot around the anchor point? Especially when you consider the velocity of falling up to 10m. I am worried the knot might come undone with that force, or might even rub against itself and snap.

Any other things I need to be concerned with in this plan? Am I forgetting something?

Thank you very much!

• Hugs
Reactions: アホペンギン
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
E

experimentee

Sep 10, 2023
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Thanks for the info, but I am actually aiming for decapitation. In such a case, wouldn't a slipknot be better?
Idk. Sorry I read that you aim for decapitation after I replied. Imo the knot doesn't really matter if you drop for 10m+ The anchor point must hold.

Reactions: アホペンギン
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
I'd advise caution with regards to this method. Executed properly, it should be near instant lights out with death not far behind. It was designed to be a quicker and more humane method of execution compared to the classic method of no drop. Standard drop was an earlier less refined method of long drop where the drop was always the same with no regards to the condemned's weight.

The problem with this method is that fucking it up could lead to a slower, more agonising death. There are plenty of variables that could go wrong. When you're executed, other trained people weigh you, set up the gallows, make sure the ligature is the correct material, width and that the beam will support you. You have your hands tied behind your back not just to stop you from resisting but also to stop you falling awkwardly and disloging the knot in the noose which has to be a certain way to ensure the quick break and swift death that is desired. You step on the platform with an x on it, someone pulls the leaver and off you go into oblivion.

Self-administration would be far from straightforward, although not necessarily impossible. But there is a reason the classic method is far more common in suicide.

E

experimentee

Sep 10, 2023
Idk. Sorry I read that you aim for decapitation after I replied. Imo the knot doesn't really matter if you drop for 10m+ The anchor point must hold.

Thanks! And that is my biggest concern. Which knot at the anchor point can ensure that my weight and the velocity of my fall will remain supported? Do you or anyone else have any ideas?

Dear god why aim for decapitation and not just aim for a normal death by hanging?

I think its the most efficient and simplest way. If I am honest, I do not know why it is not more popular. I just need a strong rope, which is easily accessible in the majority of countries. Death is more or less instant. If someone finds me, there is very little chance they will be able to stitch my head and body back together in time and 'save' me. That way, I don't have to worry about living the rest of my life as a vegetable. There's a very small chance of anyone interrupting me, because it only needs a few minutes at most to setup and tie two knots. Assuming I get the right rope and tie the right knots, I believe the probability of success is very high. On top of all this, decapitation is perfectly symbolic when you consider the context and reasoning behind my decision to kill myself - I will not go into any details of that here though. I get that this is a violent way to go, but I suspect I will not feel or witness it myself. And if I do this somewhere very quiet, nobody else has to witness it either. In my opinion, decapitation from a long drop is the perfect way to go.

I'd advise caution with regards to this method. Executed properly, it should be near instant lights out with death not far behind. It was designed to be a quicker and more humane method of execution compared to the classic method of no drop. Standard drop was an earlier less refined method of long drop where the drop was always the same with no regards to the condemned's weight.

The problem with this method is that fucking it up could lead to a slower, more agonising death. There are plenty of variables that could go wrong. When you're executed, other trained people weigh you, set up the gallows, make sure the ligature is the correct material, width and that the beam will support you. You have your hands tied behind your back not just to stop you from resisting but also to stop you falling awkwardly and disloging the knot in the noose which has to be a certain way to ensure the quick break and swift death that is desired. You step on the platform with an x on it, someone pulls the leaver and off you go into oblivion.

Self-administration would be far from straightforward, although not necessarily impossible. But there is a reason the classic method is far more common in suicide.

Thanks for the information. I think many of these variables become irrelevant when attempting a very long drop that aims for decapitation.

Reactions: LeperGnome
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Thanks! And that is my biggest concern. Which knot at the anchor point can ensure that my weight and the velocity of my fall will remain supported? Do you or anyone else have any ideas?
This is not an advice but you could consider a knot sth like this (climbers don't want their knots to losen in the case they do a wrong step) it's then mainly about whether ur rope can withstand the force or not. To fix the rope.

2023 11 15   141744  MyImgur v395   myimguredenfm x64

Reactions: emptymiku
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
"Thanks for the information. I think many of these variables become irrelevant when attempting a very long drop that aims for decapitation."

To an extent. But things like the type and quality of the ligature and anchor point will still be the difference between success and failure. If the aim is decapitation (good lord!), then it's going to be a fairly long drop and the anchor point is going to have to be strong enough to take the force of your body enough that your head separates from the rest of it. Ugh!

I wouldn't usually recommend it but if you're intending to fall that far and don't care about what state the body is in afterwards, you may as well jump off a tall building.

E

experimentee

Sep 10, 2023
I think its the most efficient and simplest way. If I am honest, I do not know why it is not more popular. I just need a strong rope, which is easily accessible in the majority of countries. Death is more or less instant. If someone finds me, there is very little chance they will be able to stitch my head and body back together in time and 'save' me. That way, I don't have to worry about living the rest of my life as a vegetable. There's a very small chance of anyone interrupting me, because it only needs a few minutes at most to setup and tie two knots. Assuming I get the right rope and tie the right knots, I believe the probability of success is very high. On top of all this, decapitation is perfectly symbolic when you consider the context and reasoning behind my decision to kill myself - I will not go into any details of that here though. I get that this is a violent way to go, but I suspect I will not feel or witness it myself. And if I do this somewhere very quiet, nobody else has to witness it either. In my opinion, decapitation from a long drop is the perfect way to go.

I was unsure whether to mention it but I think i will add it now. If the decapitation is done publicly, while it would probably traumatise some people, it can also be used as a kind of instrument to protest against this pro-life society and campaign for our freedom to choose suicide, for unbiased information on suicide to be easily accessible, for people who choose suicide to have their decision respected and for the provision of services such as assisted suicide to be legalised. If someone decapitates themselves in public, they could reasonably claim they were forced to, as most other peaceful or convenient methods are illegal or the materials required for them are inaccessible.

Right now, we only have access to sketchy information, and non-judgemental communities like this are difficult to find. SaSu, for example, is filtered out from Google search results and outright blocked in some countries. We cannot speak freely in public about our suicidal thoughts for fear of being taken away and locked up in a psychiatric hospital. Instead we are told to call suicide prevention hotlines, which I've never tried but I am certain are completely pointless as they will say any bullshit to keep me alive a bit longer. Many people make attempts but they fail, often due to misinformation. Instead, they remain alive but carry severe injuries, leading to even more suffering in their lives than before.

Even in suicide, there are so many injustices in this messed up world. If one would want to, decapitation can be done deliberately in public to bring about much needed change.

This is not an advice but you could consider a knot sth like this (climbers don't want their knots to losen in the case they do a wrong step) it's then mainly about whether ur rope can withstand the force or not. To fix the rope.

View attachment 123019

Thank you. Seems like a good suggestion!

"Thanks for the information. I think many of these variables become irrelevant when attempting a very long drop that aims for decapitation."

To an extent. But things like the type and quality of the ligature and anchor point will still be the difference between success and failure. If the aim is decapitation (good lord!), then it's going to be a fairly long drop and the anchor point is going to have to be strong enough to take the force of your body enough that your head separates from the rest of it. Ugh!

I wouldn't usually recommend it but if you're intending to fall that far and don't care about what state the body is in afterwards, you may as well jump off a tall building.

Thanks! You are absolutely right - the anchor point is critical. If I can access the top of a tall enough building and find a strong enough anchor point, it would be a great candidate for my decapitation. But I also know a few others spots. I have been out hiking a fair bit in my current city and I can remember a few places where I can anchor myself to trees that are very close to the edge of a cliff or a reasonably steep hill. There are also a few bridges. There is no shortage of locations near me.

Reactions: emptymiku
E

experimentee

Sep 10, 2023
So beside the figure 8 knot, any other alternatives?

And anything else I might be missing with this plan?

E

experimentee

Sep 10, 2023
Thanks! You are absolutely right - the anchor point is critical. If I can access the top of a tall enough building and find a strong enough anchor point, it would be a great candidate for my decapitation. But I also know a few others spots. I have been out hiking a fair bit in my current city and I can remember a few places where I can anchor myself to trees that are very close to the edge of a cliff or a reasonably steep hill. There are also a few bridges. There is no shortage of locations near me.
I forgot to add that if I am desperate, I can always use my very own balcony as an anchor point. It would be a 4m or 5m drop as opposed to a 10m one, but it should be enough to break my neck and probably even decapitate me. If I go this route, it would be quite ironic though. I've lived in the apartment for the past 3.5 years, and I've never once used the balcony for anything at all. It might finally serve a purpose for me! Quite funny when I think about it.

Just sharing this here in case it gives other people ideas for different anchor points.