touhoufan

touhoufan

hello! feel free to pm
Feb 14, 2023
is anyone here in a serious long distance relationship? not some… discord e-kitten type stuff but you call everyday and keep up with eachother as much as you can in hopes of seeing eachother?

i am in one personally (for like 3 years now) …. and its weird to think this is the standard for me and all my online friends. makes me feel like im a bit of a dweeb at times

Reactions: Next-to-Nil, liz!!!!!, LunaXCBN and 1 other person
BroodingBleu

BroodingBleu

MtF
Feb 16, 2023
My philosophy is that love is love regardless of the circumstances. The traditional way of thinking is that its peculiar and an unsafe way of dating, which to an extent it is.

As long as you do so safely, much like any other means of dating, its simply a more effective conduit of meeting likeminded people that you would never have the opportunity if you hadn't been online. Just do so in a safe manner and work towards the goal of meeting each other in person some day if thats what you both want our of your relationship.

I began a long distance relationship the person I view as my soulmate, and we had spent time in person and such. We find comfort in playing games together as a destressor, so the ling distance part doesn't hurt as bad.

At the end of the day, love who you want to, because no one can take away your emotion for someone, regardless of how far they are or who they are.

• Love
Reactions: katagiri83 and Next-to-Nil
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
i am in one personally (for like 3 years now) …. and its weird to think this is the standard for me and all my online friends. makes me feel like im a bit of a dweeb at times
You've never met the person?

LocalAngel

LocalAngel

Lost, wanting out.
Feb 7, 2023
yep. most of my relationships have been LDR. it's rough.

Reactions: touhoufan
touhoufan

touhoufan

hello! feel free to pm
Feb 14, 2023
You've never met the person?
no never. were both gay and she lives in a country where you can still get imprisoned or executed for it :( we videocall often though

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kodokushi, katagiri83, Next-to-Nil and 2 others
manocsak

manocsak

Jan 24, 2023
Long distance is really hard even if you can visit the person time to time. Mine went for 15 months seeing her in every week, 2 holidays with her. But even with crazy effort wasn't enough. Every relationship is different, some people can manage this.
no never. were both gay and she lives in a country where you can still get imprisoned or executed for it :( we videocall often though
If she lives in such conditions, there will be a time where she has to leave or tell! This is less of a problem when you are self-sustaining

Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Doesn't exist unless physical

$crim

$crim

skincarver
Feb 12, 2023
i met my fiance through xbox live on the 360 in early 2010s, as crazy of a coincidence that was
we sorta grew up together and became middle school sweethearts.

of course that wasnt without its troubles, but because we were so determined to be with each other, we've made it so far!
now we're in our early 20's and living together with a few fur babies, and hes my little anchor keeping me tied to this floating rock we live on and i find myself falling in love with him more and more by the day like a perfectly written fairytale. but enough about me stimmy writing about him, i could go on forever lmao

tl;dr: it works if things are going just right. you need the right chemistry, determination to make sacrifices where need be, and an open mind.
basically an irl relationship but a little more stressful.

Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
I was in a long distance relationship a while back. We met twice irl,but then things fizzled out. I often wonder how he's doing now,and if things would have been different if he d have lived in the uk.

Blue_mist

Blue_mist

Mortal
Apr 14, 2021
Do whatever you can to make sure you are not connecting with a scammer, I've been a victim once

• Informative
Reactions: $crim
B

Bardo

Arcanist
Jan 25, 2023
is anyone here in a serious long distance relationship? not some… discord e-kitten type stuff but you call everyday and keep up with eachother as much as you can in hopes of seeing eachother?

Years ago, I had a gf from Indonesia whom I met at college here in U.S. When she went back, I was devastated, couldn't breathe. It was so hard. I'd call her from New York , racking up hundreds in phone bills (it was the 1990s and I didn't have a computer). Finally, we resorted to recording cassette tapes for one another. I waited years to see her and finally went to Indonesia 5 years after last seeing her.
We slept together one time and I got the worst STD (turns out she had slept with a couple of guys and apparently didn;t ever get checked afterwards. I get it. It's a Muslim country and she'd be shamed. So fucking backward). Anyhow, I don;t blame her. But I waited five years to be with her and we only had one hour together in the three months I was in Indonesia. The rest of the time, my dick was spitting fire whenever I peed and I had to clench a rolled-up towel in my teeth due to the pain. Awww. Romance. Good times.

In short (too late for that, sorry), it's pretty darn rough. One needs physical presence of another soon enough. Otherwise, it's all fantasy projections (it's bad enough projecting onto another and fantasizing when they're right in same room. Imagine half a world away).

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022

I don't think personally that something like that would ever work for me unless it was temporarily with someone who's religious and moral. Not for me.

W

Whistea

Jul 29, 2022
Long distance relationships do not work.

Reactions: BBBB
touhoufan

touhoufan

hello! feel free to pm
Feb 14, 2023
Long distance relationships do not work.
while this might sound like i'm coping i really do beg to differ… there are countless people who have dated long distance and met up, and now live together. i dont know what more to tell you

Reactions: Kodokushi and LunaXCBN
suprswag

suprswag

have a good day
Feb 28, 2023

I have been in a long distance relationship before. It did not turn well though. He said he was 2 years older than me, but he lied. He also manipulated me for "photos" of myself. He sent me "photos" of himself to gain my trust, but they weren't even him. I've since broken up with him, I hate him more than I could ever imagine.

Before I found out he was lying to me though, I did truly love him. We checked up on each other everyday, he listened to my vents, I was shocked, and I almost couldn't believe that he did lie to me.

• Aww..
Reactions: touhoufan and Next-to-Nil
Next-to-Nil

Next-to-Nil

Begrudgingly Everlasting
Mar 2, 2023
Because I'm an hypersexual mess, I kind of "need" the long-distance style of relationship to develop any real meaningful bond for someone, otherwise I go too fast too quick and end up hurting either them, myself, or both. It always feels like the day we meet IRL can't come fast enough but I tell myself I'll mortally screw it all up if I rush it and let comfort take the space it needs first... I realize it's a completely different situation but... That's been my experience there.

• Hugs
Reactions: touhoufan and suprswag
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I had a long distance relationship years ago that was pathetic, she had no intention of travelling to my place and I had no intention of travelling either, i don't even remember how contact was lost. I don't see the point of long distance relationships if you haven't seen the person, the point of a relationship is company and sex, if you don't have that, what's the point?

Reactions: Kodokushi, touhoufan and Next-to-Nil
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
Current relationship started as long distance on Discord. We met irl for the first time a month after talking online for the first time, saw each other about once a month for a year (eight hour drives, flights that we'd sometimes cancel to spend more time together, shared vacation), and have been living together for almost four years now (two cross country moves)

When we lived apart we spent a lot of time on voice/video calls. Funny enough we didn't call each other at all BEFORE meeting irl, we only talked in DMs/texts and public voice chats. But afterwards, I think there was maybe one day we didn't talk on the phone, because I was very upset about something.

Reactions: Next-to-Nil and touhoufan
gh0sttx

gh0sttx

such a pretty house // such a pretty garden
Mar 11, 2023
i am in one rn lol. we're also a wlw couple :) been together for almost 2 years, but it's really hard for me. i wish she lived closer, im an adult and never even had first kiss and that makes me feel like i'm a loser, but i don't think i could find anyone in my city who would love me

L

Lovers-pain

Apr 19, 2023
I was in an LDR with a very depressed woman for about 3.5 years before she decided to end things due to the distance.
Then things kind of went into an on/off type relationship until now where I found out she has been seeing someone else since recent times.

She has mostly recovered from her depression and self worth issues, is doing much better and I am happy for her but....

It has left me feeling the opposite way. I feel as though I can not picture a life without her anymore and knowing there's no more chance at that has hit me like a sledgehammer.

My mind circles thoughts of her and it's actively tearing me apart knowing that after so many years of helping her and seeing her grow, I end up being discarded and tossed to the side like something that outlasted it's use.

I was so ready to keep fighting for us for more years, finishing our studies and even marrying if that meant being together, but now I realize I am just a damn fool.

It feels like some kind of big joke that I found this site through her, helped her in any way to feel she no longer needed it because she got better mentally, and then end up here myself after all is said and done.....

• Aww..
Reactions: Kodokushi