• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

per_aspera_ad_astra

per_aspera_ad_astra

Oct 29, 2019
Anyone else have a specific goal they want to accomplish before they die and have it be the main reason why they're trying to live? How do you keep working toward the ultimatum goal you set without just caving in and CTBing?

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Curious about people's answers as well - not for me though. What's yours?

Reactions: Huntfish34
S

SamHam

Mar 23, 2023
That sounds like a great excuse not to ctb. You would feel disappointed in yourself if you quit so that may make you feel more determined to persevere with the goal and not ctb. Also "will" may be a factor in it, because if you set on on a journey your will power also called spite can stop you from letting go.

• Hugs
incorporationated

incorporationated

mentally unstable idiot
Jan 24, 2023
To keep pushing until I reach that light at the end of the tunnel. I don't care how long it takes, I'll keep going until I either:

1. Find that light, even if it's not as bright as I wished
2. End up living to my 70s-80s then die of natural causes

My best friend is my main motivation right now, but also I want to prove everyone else wrong and prove myself wrong in the process. To live a decent life where while yes, the struggles won't be washed out forever, but atleast I'll be able to handle them alone, and atleast if I can't I'll ask for a helping hand.

per_aspera_ad_astra

per_aspera_ad_astra

Oct 29, 2019
Curious about people's answers as well - not for me though. What's yours?
For me, there's a piece of art I want to complete. It'll take a few years to finish it. In my past suicide attempts, the one thing I always regretted was not completing something to share with the world, so I figured I would make it my life goal to complete this work.

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
For me, there's a piece of art I want to complete. It'll take a few years to finish it. In my past suicide attempts, the one thing I always regretted was not completing something to share with the world, so I figured I would make it my life goal to complete this work.
That's interesting, keep working at it!
Do you make smaller ones sometimes as well? Or just looking to make one big one?

• Hugs
per_aspera_ad_astra

per_aspera_ad_astra

Oct 29, 2019
That's interesting, keep working at it!
Do you make smaller ones sometimes as well? Or just looking to make one big one?
I focus most of my attention on the big one, but I work on smaller pieces to improve my skills.

Reactions: Sulyya
O

orca87

Mage
Mar 22, 2023
I have both – a goal and a CTB date.

Both have the same "deadline" (pun not intended)

In fact, CTB, to me is because of failure. So, if I don't accomplish the "big one" that's even more justification for CTB.

Relief in either case. Stops me from thinking about CTB all day. Next, I need to stop wallowing in self-pity and I have a chance

I

inpursuitofpeace

Jan 4, 2023
Yeah, I'm trying to have hope with a goal in mind, but it keeps failing, which is why I'm pondering the fence of whether to ctb or not. When I can keep working towards the goal, I actually kind of want to live, which is nice.

Paradise

Paradise

Drown me in the sea
Apr 2, 2023
I had one; to get into the best highschool in my country. I've achieved it and now it's more empty. At least now I know I succeeded a bit, and I have more people that would miss me if I died. I don't want to artificially set myself a goal in the future. Living life for the sake of it-without any long term goals- seems enjoyable enough.