• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

daydreams

daydreams

Nov 14, 2023
If we are living in a simulation, what will happen after death

Reactions: Kit1
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I'll never believe in any simulation nor in any afterlife.

1. First there is no evidence for any computer simulation , afterlife , religion, god , magic nothing. after hundreds of years of science, all the experiments and all the tech, no evidence . And science has figured out evolution is true.

2. Imo this idea of simulation stems from an anthropocentric bias.

I fail to see why life , humans etc are so objectively important or objectively interesting or objectively good , so good that some unseen powerful or super intelligent beings want to spend so many resources and time to simulate.

To me a human is a brain that can suffer extreme pain. Why is that important or good , or good to simulate?

That and more reasons like there is no evidence

This is similar to why I don't believe in any god or religion

Last edited:
Reactions: myusername890, Photographer Fizzle, ezraeil and 1 other person
daydreams

daydreams

Nov 14, 2023
I'll never believe in any simulation nor in any afterlife.

1. First there is no evidence for any computer simulation , afterlife , religion, god , magic nothing. after hundreds of years of science, all the experiments and all the tech, no evidence . And science has figured out evolution is true.

2. Imo this idea of simulation stems from an anthropocentric bias.

I fail to see why life , humans etc are so objectively important or objectively interesting or objectively good , so good that some unseen powerful or super intelligent beings want to spend so many resources and time to simulate.

To me a human is a brain that can suffer extreme pain. Why is that important or good , or good to simulate?

That and more reasons like there is no evidence

This is similar to why I don't believe in any god or religion
It's hard for me to believe that the conciseness comes from simple material, why we think and why we are aware of our existence

Reactions: WeDontKnowTheFuture

A clown šŸ¤”
Jan 2, 2023
I am going to try to explain a silly idea that came to my mind, maybe a way to know if we are in a simulation or not is by observing what i call 'interaction of factors', i mean let's compare a story created by someone and this reality. In our reality at small levels there are interactions between neurons, cells, atoms. The interactions between two people can be influenced by factors such as their life experiences, their personalities, their situations, genes, memories. To say a few because the amount of factors at play is extremely large. In part i see this reality as a huge network of factors that are interacting with each other, from the smallest to the largest levels. In contrast, in a story those interactions do not truly exist, the story is a representation, a "simulation" created by the brain of someone who may have forgotten how certain factors interact or who does not know how certain things would truly interact because it's knowledge about all the factors in the game and how they interact is of course limited.

Now the question is, maybe the beings who created this simulation have missed to introduce some interactions to their code?

Reactions: WeDontKnowTheFuture
plan c

plan c

My last resort.
Nov 8, 2022
U mean like in Matrix? That sounds horrible to me, being scrapped after death like used-up battery. Anyway I'm not Neo and I prefer the blue pill.

Reactions: oddetoad
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
U mean like in Matrix? That sounds horrible to me, being scrapped after death like used-up battery. Anyway I'm not Neo and I prefer the blue pill.
Indeed horrible but rather nothingness than reincarnation

I doubt that the tiny hats who produced the movie the matrix just did it out of nowhere

Surely there's some truth to that movie