Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
The effectiveness of mental health institutions is proportional to the level of progress of the environment in which it is found, although this does not always happen and quite complicated situations are seen that call into question the commitment of these institutions.

But the social stigma is what can perhaps be most destructive for the individual, in a society where many people do not take seriously or do not look kindly to those who suffer from these diseases, the result can be incredibly destructive. We are just making "progress" on the subject but I fear that the damage has already been done, just look at the way in which people with mental illness were treated at the beginning of the 20th century.

I grew up in a poor environment, both economically and intellectually, if you wanted to want to know more, they simply made fun of you. Nobody knew how to treat a person with mental illness and therefore suffered the consequences. In my childhood, bullying was always around the corner, I never had a normal childhood, I was mistreated, humiliated, mocked, ridiculed and beaten. In my adolescence, a girl pretended to be my girlfriend just to make fun of me with her friends, my adolescence was hell, I was completely marginalized and my only escape was anime and music.

Perhaps this is why I tend to escape from my reality, I want to be out of myself for as long as possible, until I decide to wake up from this dream.

• Hugs
Reactions: less than, puppet_nihilist, Tragoedia Vitae and 1 other person
weepingfree

weepingfree

Time’s tide will smother you, and I will too
Feb 28, 2020
I'm heading to sleep so will be brief. We're still in the dark ages of mental health. In a couple decades, they're going to look back on us as jokers. How did this "advanced" society introduce widespread depression and suicide where those were not major occurrences in more traditional societies.

I'm glad you did find some escape through anime. I have my escapes too, but the distrust and the pain remain with me in every interaction I have with humans.

Thanks for your words.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Judah