• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

luks

luks

Jul 25, 2023
not sure if i've ever heard this talked about before but its something i've been dealing with for maybe 7 years since i was 19. sometimes when i'm overloaded/overstimulated with too much stress and anxiety i revert back to a younger self mentally. i'll usually just lay in bed with all my stuffed animals and watch cartoons or grab my coloring book. most of the food i get at the grocery store is kids food, which makes me feel really self conscious when checking out.

i don't know why i do it. it's like some weird compulsion that gives me a sense of safety, almost as if im taking care of my inner child and not my current self. i don't feel like i've mentally progressed past age 12, and i still feel like that little kid most of the time. i know some people deal with this but it's really difficult to talk about because i don't want people to think that i'm some kind of freak. it's hard to control these feelings. idk. i'm kinda crying while typing this out im sorry if i don't make sense.

does anyone else feel like this?

• Hugs
Reactions: hellworldprincess, acey, HighFlight and 5 others
sorrowful

sorrowful

My exhaustion knows no end
Feb 13, 2023
You make perfect sense, don't worry about that. I think that it can be healthy, as it's healing your inner child in a way, or bringing them back in times when you need it. I don't see anything wrong with this kind of coping mechanism, and I believe it's quite common. Sometimes I feel like my mind reverts back as well, and I enjoy engaging in childhood activities now and again, mainly watching cartoons or like you, laying with a stuffed animal. So it's nothing to be embarrassed about. Much love. 🤍

• Love
Reactions: hellworldprincess and HighFlight
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Did you have a good childhood with pleasant memories? Even if you didn't, just the familiarity of those things can be comforting. My adult child still has their stuff animals from when they were a toddler, and sleeps with them and takes them when we travel. IMO, this is a mechanism to help deal with stressful situations.

Four decades later, I still fall back to routines I used when I was a teenager. They help to keep some stability in my life. I buy the adult coloring books now (the ones with all the curse words). Life was much simpler when I was 12, but I've yet found a way to go back in time.

if this really makes you uncomfortable, then I would suggest talking to a therapist about it. You should be able to be yourself without feeling like your a freak. I don't think you are.

If you want to talk more, you are welcome to dm me.

Randy Savage

Randy Savage

“Macho Man”
Jul 23, 2024
There's absolutely nothing wrong with littlespace. It's extremely comforting and can absolutely be an outlet for you.
And don't feel bad about purchasing food for littlespace. Food from my childhood is easily one of my favorite comforts. Maybe buy a bit more adult food xP

QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Mage
Jul 29, 2023
You know I never knew what older people meant when they said THEY STILL FEEL YOUNG until I got much older.

I still feel like I'm 12 years old a lot of the time. Like we do all this pretending to be adults but we're still children. We're still all those versions of ourselves we've been throughout our lives.

I also spent so much of my 20s being serious because adults need to be serious to be taken seriously but the older I've gotten the more silly I feel.

Just do w/e makes you feel good at any second of any moment. Life is short. We're all pretending to be something or someone so people will like us. AND IT CAN BE HARD. Maybe it doesn't need to be that hard, you know?

sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
not sure if i've ever heard this talked about before but its something i've been dealing with for maybe 7 years since i was 19. sometimes when i'm overloaded/overstimulated with too much stress and anxiety i revert back to a younger self mentally. i'll usually just lay in bed with all my stuffed animals and watch cartoons or grab my coloring book. most of the food i get at the grocery store is kids food, which makes me feel really self conscious when checking out.

i don't know why i do it. it's like some weird compulsion that gives me a sense of safety, almost as if im taking care of my inner child and not my current self. i don't feel like i've mentally progressed past age 12, and i still feel like that little kid most of the time. i know some people deal with this but it's really difficult to talk about because i don't want people to think that i'm some kind of freak. it's hard to control these feelings. idk. i'm kinda crying while typing this out im sorry if i don't make sense.

does anyone else feel like this?
I personally don't, but my girlfriend does. In her case it's because of CSA; she regresses to 11. It's strange and I don't fully understand it but if it helps someone I love I figure it can't be too bad

So- don't worry, you make sense and you aren't a freak. If it makes you feel better and you aren't harming anyone, do it. <3

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
I relate to this and regress to young ages as well. I think of myself as weird for being like this, but this is comforting to hear. I typically regress to between the ages of 4-6, but have been as young as a baby due to several traumatic events. I feel awful about it, but I hope you find some comfort in someone else relating to you