• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Hello all - my update on Lithium Orotate is that I am feeling crushed, as after 11 days of the happiest days of my life, it has stopped working for me.

My friend tells me to try it for a month. But some articles say that as the Orotate crosses the blood/brain barrier instantly, it should work instantly. And for two weeks it did work for me instantly - and so many reviews are so good of Lithium Orotate.

I don't know whether to keep it going for another few weeks - I have doubld the dose - or give up and move on to the next thing I am trying.

I was hoping to return here and report something more positive re Lithium Orotate. I had given up all hope of feeling better, then for those 11 days I was getting my life back, thinking I'd return to work, updating my CV, dressing better. Not believing my luck that I could be someone that felt happy. Now back to this bedridden life again.

I'm glad you got a taste of happiness, however short. I experienced something similar a while ago, but with a softer comedown. There must be some way to work around this quickly developing tolerance of yours.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I'm glad you got a taste of happiness, however short. I experienced something similar a while ago, but with a softer comedown. There must be some way to work around this quickly developing tolerance of yours.

Exactly! I get tolerance with anything that works for me! I get two weeks max of efficacy. I think my brain then just resets to factory settings!!!! Maybe I should try the (terrifying) Ayahuasca again. I have one part of it at home. Could order second part. Who knows.

Thank you Sensei for your kind words, as ever

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Exactly! I get tolerance with anything that works for me! I get two weeks max of efficacy. I think my brain then just resets to factory settings!!!!

Do you increase the dose or do you let it stay the same? Increasing the dose might accelerate the development of tolerance. Have you tried any medicaments with alleged reverse tolerance, such as damiana?

Maybe I should try the (terrifying) Ayahuasca again. I have one part of it at home. Could order second part. Who knows.

Might be worth a shot, but only you know if it's a good idea or not. I don't know how your brain chemistry works, but I get antidepressant effects from failed and bad trips too. My experience of hallucinogens is limited, though.

sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
Hi, I know I'm always researching supplements. Lithium Orotate is a supplement which doesn't need a prescription, and has some great reviews for depression. Here is just a selection of them on Amazon from one supplement...

It apparently takes two weeks, so I'm going to test it and will let you know how it goes.... 5 mg a day dose I'll test...

Many Amazon reviews are fake.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Hello all - my update on Lithium Orotate is that I am feeling crushed, as after 11 days of the happiest days of my life, it has stopped working for me.

My friend tells me to try it for a month. But some articles say that as the Orotate crosses the blood/brain barrier instantly, it should work instantly. And for two weeks it did work for me instantly - and so many reviews are so good of Lithium Orotate.

I don't know whether to keep it going for another few weeks - I have doubld the dose - or give up and move on to the next thing I am trying.

I was hoping to return here and report something more positive re Lithium Orotate. I had given up all hope of feeling better, then for those 11 days I was getting my life back, thinking I'd return to work, updating my CV, dressing better. Not believing my luck that I could be someone that felt happy. Now back to this bedridden life again.
I know it probably doesn't feel like it, but there is a silver lining here. You proved you are capable of feeling happy and motivated, and all these good things. It sucks that it stopped working, but now you know it's possible and your experimenting isn't pointless.

Have you considered trying lithium carbonate? I feel like that might be a logical next step, since one form did work for you.

Reactions: Sensei
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I know it probably doesn't feel like it, but there is a silver lining here. You proved you are capable of feeling happy and motivated, and all these good things. It sucks that it stopped working, but now you know it's possible and your experimenting isn't pointless.

thank you - I can kind of see it that way. I am a bit more determined to keep testing things now - even though I am also feeling crushed by this happening, and my insomnia is back, and suicidal thoughts and waking up sobbing this morning. But it was a taste of a different life.

Have you considered trying lithium carbonate? I feel like that might be a logical next step, since one form did work for you.

Yes - I don't know what my next step is tbh. I have tried Vortioxetine (Trintillex) but I haven't yet tried Prozac or even properly tried Zoloft - so don't know whether I should try them next (I have a prescription for them or can easily get one UK NHS). Or I have a combo coming in the post of Moclobemide, Seligiline and Memantine - that I can try next. Some people on one of my FB groups swear by this combo.

I also have Tramadol coming and that is meant to be good for Treatment Resistant Depression - so I think I will try that for a few days before trying anything else. I know Tramadol is not an ideal long-term solution - but I want to see if it works in case it is my only option.

Re the Lithium I have chest pain this morning, and my nose has been streaming for days - and I'm beginning to think this is an allergy, perhaps to this Lithium. I might try switching brands.

I thikn today I am going to return to weed - which I don't enjoy anymore, but I wonder if it could give me any kind of break from this return to feeling tortured.

I'm sorry for the long whinge. I know we are all suffering on this forum. Thank you everyone for your comments and thoughts.