P

protect101

Dec 28, 2022
Hi, when I catch the bus (hopefully soon) I want it to have the least impact on family/people around me, so I want to sort as much in advance as possible and lessen any financial burden on others.

For example, purchasing a pre-paid funeral plan. Are there any other ideas people have of things I should consider doing before CTB? Does anyone have a list of their own they'd be able to share?

thank youuu

D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
I'm probably one of the older people on here so I have a list, most of which can only be done after my death. And the person who is the executor of my will is unreliable but i couldn't find anyone else as i have no friends and no family in this country. It's incredibly stressful and weighs heavy on my mind. The sale of my house I worked myself to death for, getting final bills for all my utilities, getting assets to my nephews abroad off the record, etc.
It's actually one of the reasons I'm still here.
My will specifies no funeral and cremation so that's the easy part. I'm leaving cash money to pay for that.

• Informative
Reactions: protect101
Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I'm sure someone posted a list just recently.

Is there a reason you wouldn't use a solicitor as your executor, paid out of your estate, @DeadHead?

P

protect101

Dec 28, 2022

Is there a reason you wouldn't use a solicitor as your executor, paid out of your estate, @DeadHead?
They very well could've done. I asked the same question before the data rollback, so it might've been posted and then deleted by the data rollback? Unless you happen to know where I might be able to find it?

Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I'm just having a search. I think it was after the issue.

Wehmut

Wehmut

it's not fair...
Apr 13, 2023
Yes, I have a few thing that I would need to do before I ctb.
I would want to leave a clean room and most likely even a bed with fresh sheets. I would also consider doing the laundry before.
Probably would burn a few of my diaries because some of them include things I dont want anybody to know. Creating a playlist I can listen to while I ctb is also something on my mind. Last but not least I would write a goodbye letter to my mom and dad (like one general letter) and probably a more specific letter to my friends.

Last edited:
  • Love
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023

Yes there is.