• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I just found this comment by existentialgoof (EG) quoted below:

"Yes, it's [life/sentience] a subscription I was signed up for without my consent, it's not worth the cost I'm paying for it, and I didn't need it and wouldn't have needed it if I was never born, and I'm not allowed to just cancelled the subscription without people trying to stop me from doing so and making it extremely risky to even try doing so. Not my idea of a good time."

The explanation of this analogy in comparison to the imposition of life/sentience against our will is that the subscription is the imposition (or specifically, non-consensual subscription). Then we are responsible for paying for the subscription (upkeep of life itself, including all the woes, suffering, bills, and obligations that come with it). Then if we wish to cancel the subscription (life/sentience itself), not only are we penalized by doing so in the form of additional restrictions, loss of autonomy, and further suffering. Basically, trying to cancel the subscription is akin to CTB'ing. There is simply no risk free nor are we (truly) free to "cancel" our involuntary subscription that was unjustly imposed on us! Thus, it is de facto 'illegal' to cancel the subscription and the process is only allowed for those who are no longer of us for the entity that has us subscribed for their gains, whereas most others are punished for even planning, let alone attempting to unsubscribe.

Anyways, I believe this comment in that thread is a great analogy as life is something that nobody ever consented to, but was rather imposed upon. Then far more nefarious is how if one finds existence itself intolerable, they are actively stopped (if pro-lifers ever learn or get knowledge of), forced to live the life that they don't want to. Then those who do attempt to leave life oftenly have to do so in secrecy, with the risk of failure (and the repercussions following failure including permanent injuries and debility, loss of bodily autonomy and personal liberty, and further suffering), not to mention actively avoiding intervention.

The fact that life was imposed upon us against our will and consent means that we never agreed to it, but instead are also punished for not liking it (through gaslighting, detainment, forced drugging (in some cases), and further abuse). I just thought the analogy/comment was an accurate depiction of how life really is, and not some gift nor miracle that many people erroneously make it out to be. In a utopic world, we would never really have to fight for anything, we wouldn't have to plan in secrecy, we wouldn't have to resort to risky means (and possibly collateral damage to others'), and we'd actually get the respect to our bodily autonomy as we deserve.

breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
A lot of words to explain what the analogy already explained perfectly lol

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
A lot of words to explain what the analogy already explained perfectly lol
I thought maybe that will help those who don't understand the analogy be more clear and be able to connect it towards how CTB'ing is akin to cancelling the "subscription (life itself)."

breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
I thought maybe that will help those who don't understand the analogy be more clear and be able to connect it towards how CTB'ing is akin to cancelling the "subscription (life itself)."
If they didn't understand that simple analogy I doubt they'll understand your explanation.
You use a far higher level of vocabulary than the analogy itself.

Reactions: TAW122
Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
Exactly right, the fact that subhumans like us are forced to continue living an existence that we hate is proof of how despicable our society is.

All that well-adjusted people can say is, 'reach out', 'get help', 'talk to someone', 'go to the gym', 'work on your personality', as if we haven't thought of those things and can see how meaningless they all are.

In reality, everyone is just pretending to find life meaningful, the vast majority of normal people hate their lives, if you are not rich, attractive, mentally and physically sound life is just pointless.

The only reason mass suicide isn't more common is pro-life influence and the lack of access to painless methods. If barbiturates were more accessible the suicide rate would quadruple, most average people realize that they are subhuman in at least one way, but only very few have the strength to actually CTB. Hopefully I will join the latter soon, it's just a matter of willpower.

You can kill yourself at anytime if you are committed enough, it's just a matter of being willing to suffer and overcoming your fears. Who among us can honestly say that they wouldn't be dead were it not for their own fears. All it takes is a rope, water, alcohol, or a cliff or high building. There are very few people who don't have access to these things. Most of us could CTB if we wanted to and had the courage to. I am a coward for now, but I am getting braver. I am confident that I will die before I turn 35.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Having the ability to exist truly is such a burdensome, harmful imposition, I'm really disgusted by how humans do all they can to make suicide inaccessible even know we never asked for any of this. It's truly horrifying how many humans wish to make existence into a prison where one cannot peacefully escape on their own terms, I despise how many humans get so obsessed with trying to prolong the meaningless and unnecessary suffering of others.