• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

U

umopep!sdn128

Oct 8, 2023
Yes, I agree that life is a mistake of nature and the universe, most likely there is no life anywhere else, but if it exists, I am pretty sure that here on Earth there is the most disgusting life in existence (the principle of survival of the fittest, etc.) d.) Indeed, there is nothing worse than being born in this universe on this planet. It seems to me that people are the most dirty, vulgar and vile "reasonable" species.

Reactions: sserafim
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Preventing life from being born in the first place isn't killing life
If you wipe out the oceans you wipe out almost all life on earth, along with preventing new life. I do see what you're saying though, but life finds a way to come back.

Last edited:
thealteredmind

thealteredmind

Apr 2, 2024
yes, that's exactly the point, you can't prove it. Depression is just an aggregate term of all associated symptoms. You can prove it as you do with other diseases, such as cancer, bacteria infections, etc.

My point is to be cautious with the claim "My depression causes xyz.", because your (and my) depression ARE the symptoms THEMSELVES
so far we do not know what causes them. The symptoms might be just part of your (and my) personality.

Believing in such claims could foster a victim mindset, which is not healthy. It prevents you from examining the real cause of the symptoms.
yeah nobody knows what the hell is depression. we can't say "yeah it's a certain mood different from all others" or "it's a specific problem with a brain chemical".

But I know it's the depression or whatever it is that causes the symptoms. I know there's an issue in my brain, some chemical thing. how do I know? because the only 2 things that managed to made me feel better were drugs. both that heavily target serotonin.

microdosing psilocybin made me feel like... 10% better but couldn't keep up due to other issues interfering. ssri made me like 30%, almost all symptoms were improved. but well... it only lasted around 3 symptoms before exploding (pssd).

so, I call that brain chemical problem, depression.

I disagree it's part of the personality. a disease is not part of personality. but again, how do you measure personality? it's the same dilemma.

whether it is a victim mindset, depression, personality, whatever... it doesn't matter. the result is what matter. and the result here is suicide.

in fact, both foster a victim mentality. "oh it's my depression" "oh it's my personality".

but I also disagree with that. depression doesn't foster a victim mentality. it fosters a "I have to fix this fucking disease before it kills me" mentality.
because if we can prove it's part of personality (which we can't using scientific tools) then that's worse. there's no way stop the inevitable.

How do you examine the real cause? what if there is no real cause? what if you never find it? does the real cause really matters? I don't think so. if it's trauma: probably. if it's genetics or brain acting wackly... then why it matters?

L

Lucid7972

Aug 28, 2023
Chemical imbalance hypothesis is almost dead after the 2022 UCL comprehensive review. No evidence that depression is caused by low serotonin levels

SSRI improves mood does not prove much, quoting Gabor Mate, alcohol does the similar thing to me and many people, you wouldn't say it is lack of alcohol.

well, before we discuss too far, mostly what I wanna argue is that it might not be a disease, treating it like one might not be right.

RejectedKarma

RejectedKarma

What was I made for
Jul 27, 2023
Without offending anyone I found the title of this thread very funny.

I don't think the laws and principles that we humans use to understand the world around us apply to matters that are far beyond us.

Life appeared for no particular reason, there was no before or after, there was no thought process or anything, life does not consider itself good or bad it just is.
We are the only creations of life who observe life and try to understand it.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Without offending anyone I found the title of this thread very funny.

I don't think the laws and principles that we humans use to understand the world around us apply to matters that are far beyond us.

Life appeared for no particular reason, there was no before or after, there was no thought process or anything, life does not consider itself good or bad it just is.
We are the only creations of life who observe life and try to understand it.
Yeah it's a few billion years too late

Reactions: RejectedKarma
RejectedKarma

RejectedKarma

What was I made for
Jul 27, 2023
Interesting perspective based on Camus' absurdism.