vampire2002

vampire2002

weeb & neet ♡
Oct 8, 2023
a couple of nights ago after i got home with a few of my family members who were visiting, we were all gathered around in the kitchen and talking. long story short, somehow the conversation ended up on suicide (not about me.) my stepfather, who was a bit drunk, said he didn't understand why anybody would ever want to kill themselves because, in his exact words, "life is so easy."

now, i definitely disagree with this man more than i agree with him on most things, but i stay out of arguments with him when i can. so i kept my mouth shut when he said this, despite thinking he sounded quite dense. but i just can't stop thinking about it. is this really how people who've never been depressed or struggled with any mental health issues see things? people who've never been abused? i can't fathom seeing the world in the way he does, but i suppose it explains a lot about how he treats me like i'm useless and lazy. he seems to be incapable of understanding these mental struggles i and so many other people go through.

the way he sees the world must be so different from the way i do. i've wanted to die since i was 11, and even before that i had other mental health issues. i really just can't understand how he doesn't understand.

• Hugs
Reactions: haibane, Sannti and ClaudeCTTE
luxsuircides

luxsuircides

the view from halfway down
Oct 16, 2023
i think it's the same logic that people say that CTB is "selfish". people will never understand the true hardships that mental health issues cause, and as such, always put the blame on us because "life is too easy" or "your problems aren't that bad".

• Love
Reactions: haibane, claraisnotcarol, myusername890 and 1 other person
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
Anyone who says that sincerely is either severely deluded, or has been living life on a cushion. My dad claims to have never experienced depression or anxiety, yet his response to my depressive episodes is always along the lines of "life is hell, but it can be heaven sometimes". Sometimes people stay ignorant willingly or unwillingly, I suppose. But I think most people, suicidal or not, understands things are not easy.

• Love
Reactions: vampire2002, claraisnotcarol and myusername890
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's so insane to me how someone would actually believe that, shows a complete lack of any awareness at all.

Reactions: haibane, vampire2002 and myusername890
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
You just said it.
People who are drunk will always say any kind of nonsense because their brain is working so slowly that they can say any nonsense without really being aware of things. He didn't even explain what he meant by "easy."
Easy in what?
In living? In making money? In being successful? Or what?
At least you have a healthier liver than he does...

Reactions: vampire2002
claraisnotcarol

claraisnotcarol

from dust to dust
Oct 4, 2023
okay but now thinking out of mental health topics. there is a lot of people that thankfully for them, do not suffer from mental illness or suicidal ideations.but thinking objectively, there's no way to think life is damn easy.
not just for us. but in general, we live in a society where people struggle on an everyday basis even though they are completely sane. maybe the can't afford godamn food. People get raped, kids get married, we live for work, for capitalism, there is murder, kidnappings, abuse, every day in the news. wars, diseases.
who the hell could think life is goddamn easy?

Reactions: vampire2002
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Vultures circle overhead
Feb 28, 2023
Life is extremely difficult at least for me, all the time I feel that I'm dragging myself through, so a statement like this is hard for me to believe. But anyone who believes that everyone finds life easy has to be in denial. At that point it is wilful ignorance against the obvious truth.

Reactions: claraisnotcarol and vampire2002