Kristicide

Kristicide

I am a prisoner locked up behind xanax bars
Dec 16, 2021
All my girlfriends couldn't wait to get married and have kids. Well they did and guess what - all they do is complain of their husbands and kids.
I decided to not do that and literally it's one of the smartest things I've ever done.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, ProntoFim, Ethereal Knight and 9 others
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
All my girlfriends couldn't wait to get married and have kids. Well they did and guess what - all they do is complain of their husbands and kids.
I decided to not do that and literally it's one of the smartest things I've ever done.
You know what you're right. I should be greatful I won't be participating in that

Reactions: Élégie and Crazy4u
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
It's your personality not looks. Also looks are subjective.
Sarcastic post, 100%.
Oh, fuck off! I'm sorry, I'm sorry. :)) No, not everyone is born with "a beautiful soul". Even little kids raised by good parents can be assholes.
You are falling for a trolling streak, no doubt about that. It doesn't suit the character of the user to spout these platitudes and they are just forced and generic.

Reactions: demuic and Sanva
H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
The majority of us, fall in the middle, we are neither so good looking nor that repulsive to look at, dead average. Therefore, we have to rely on our personality not our looks.
The problem is as an average looking person even if you have the best personality in the world you are still unlikely to do better than an attractive asshole in dating.

Reactions: death137
Victini

Victini

Feb 3, 2022
The problem is as an average looking person even if you have the pest personality in the world you are still unlikely to do better than an attractive asshole in dating.
Right, simple maths. Their high level of attractivness can offset a shitty personality. Average people can't afford that. It is what it is, life is designed that way.

wdym? I do that all the time.
Nice eye lad.

• Hmph!
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
The problem is as an average looking person even if you have the best personality in the world you are still unlikely to do better than an attractive asshole in dating.
So what? If you're an average looking person with a great personality you are definitely not going to be left on the shelf.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Crazy4u, Sanva and 2 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
You can, it's much more malleable than it seems. I'm not saying you can do a complete 360º but you can tweak some things.

It's called doing a 180, not a 360.

There's this dude in this forum who's a hikkimori/shut-in/parasite who doesn't leave his house. You're really telling me his personality wouldn't change if his parents kicked him out the house and had to grasp with the reality of being a homeless dude.

SS members are just gonna fall madly in love with your personality when they learn you call people who suffer from severe social anxiety parasites. :))

Nah, people overrate the importance of looks when it's your environment that matters the most.

Environment? Isn't personality king?

So in the end, personality is king bro

Reactions: Crazy4u, FractalTears, demuic and 1 other person
H

HappyForever?

Feb 14, 2021
Right, simple maths. Their high level of attractivness can offset a shitty personality. Average people can't afford that. It is what it is, life is designed that way.
It's not about "offsetting" a shitty personality. I'm talking about attractiveness completely overshadowing personality. I don't have too much of a problem with it if I could catch up with personality. The truth is I can't.
So what? If you're an average looking person with a great personality you are definitely not going to be left on the shelf.

You can't hook up with a girl every other night with just a great personality.

Victini

Victini

Feb 3, 2022
It's not about "offsetting" a shitty personality. I'm talking about attractiveness completely overshadowing personality. I don't have too much of a problem with it if I could catch up with personality. The truth is I can't.
Fair enough, there's a looks threshold.

Reactions: HappyForever?
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018

You can't hook up with a girl every other night with just a great personality.
If your main hang up in life is that you can't "hook up with a girl every other night" then you're not doing badly imo, the vast majority of men never succeed in this aim, and those who do will find their powers wane when they hit thirty.

Reactions: Crazy4u and Sherri
H

HappyForever?

Feb 14, 2021
If your main hang up in life is that you can't "hook up with a girl every other night" then you're not doing badly imo, the vast majority of men never succeed in this aim, and those who do will find their powers wane when they hit thirty.
I'm just saying it as an example to illustrate how looks matter much more than personality. In reality no girl has ever loved me, let alone had sex with me.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Women think differently than men, we don't care much about looks but the inside, and we usually tend to date older guys cause they know how to have a conversation and not think only about sex.

• Yay!
Reactions: Crazy4u, Messgram, Somber and 2 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I'm just saying it as an example to illustrate how looks matter much more than personality. In reality no girl has ever loved me, let alone had sex with me.
But you did use the term "hook up with a girl every other night" and describe yourself as "average", looks-wise. Therefore you literally said you're an average looking man who, as a result, can't sleep with three or four different women per week, and this is awful. l mean, l know "invalidation" is frowned upon on here but ffs, there isn't a violin small enough in the world for that shit.

H

HappyForever?

Feb 14, 2021
But you did use the term "hook up with a girl every other night" and describe yourself as "average", looks-wise. Therefore you literally said you're an average looking man who, as a result, can't sleep with three or four different women per week, and this is awful. l mean, l know "invalidation" is frowned upon on here but ffs, there isn't a violin small enough in the world for that shit.
Perhaps it was bad wording on my part. I never said it was me. I do wish to sleep with three or four different women per week, but that's just a wild dream. I'll be more than happy to "just" have a partner.

Last edited:
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
You can't control your environment so focus on personality instead.

Didn't you say this?

it's your environment that matters the most.

Your overly confident claims are all over the place... You equated environment with personality in a comment that got removed by the mods, so I'm unable to quote that drivel. You basically stated that one can't control one's personality, so one should focus on one's personality instead. :notsure:

I don't care, I'm not gonna sugarcoat it to not hurt the feelings of the user, it's a miserable state to be in as someone who was a shut-in before.

Don't call people who suffer from SAD parasites.

Last edited:
Reactions: Élégie, Journeytoletgo, demuic and 1 other person
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
Life is about being useful to other people, doesn't matter what makes you useful.

Reactions: Élégie and demuic
Victini

Victini

Feb 3, 2022
What's the issue? I see no contradiction. You can't control if you are going to going to be raised by "good" parents, doesn't make it less important.

Don't call people who suffer from SAD parasites.
I'm not convinced yet that this is the best way to handle people's misfortunes. I just see them going on an endless cycle of self-pity with the approach of this forum.

There's a difference between acknowledging the shitty hands one has been dealt with and making the most out of it vs using your misfortunes as endless excuses to beat yourself down and sink even deeper. I can't respect such people and sugarcoat their bad actions to make them feel good, especially if from my subjective point of view, I think they can improve their situation (not all of course).

Whatever dude, your view is in vogue here so I will change my language for the next time.

• Hmph!
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Blondi

Blondi

Iš Lietuvos
Feb 2, 2021
It's your personality not looks. Also looks are subjective.
I absolutely agree . The only thing separating these two men is personality .

Last edited:
Reactions: Ethereal Knight, Messgram, Journeytoletgo and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
I'm not convinced yet that this is the best way to handle people's misfortunes. I just see them going on an endless cycle of self-pity with the approach of this forum.

There's a difference between acknowledging the shitty hands one has been dealt with and making the most out of it vs using your misfortunes as endless excuses to beat yourself down and sink even deeper. I can't respect such people and sugarcoat their bad actions to make them feel good, especially if from my subjective point of view, I think they can improve their situation (not all of course).

Whatever dude, your view is in vogue here so I will change my language for the next time.

Whatever? In other words, you aren't genuinely sorry you called social anxiety disorder (SAD) sufferers parasites. They need to be kicked out on the street so they can change their personality traits because you're an expert who knows that it's surprisingly easy to do so... If you don't like "the approach of this forum", leave it & shit on people elsewhere.

What's the issue? I see no contradiction.

Some of your offensive comments were removed, so I'm no longer able to quote them. You equated environment with personality in one of them (wtf?), but I'm unable to prove it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: demuic, Messgram and miserableforever
ashfall

ashfall

Jan 1, 2022

View attachment 85585

View attachment 85586

Guy number two realistically will never be as attractive as guy number one. However, that doesn't mean there isn't anything he could do to help himself either - guy no. 1 wouldn't be as attractive as he is if he didn't spend hours every day in the gym and watch his diet.

Healthier food and more exercise would get guy number two into better shape. A proper skin routine could help clear his acne. A new haircut and a new style of glasses would also be a significant improvement. He'll never be a supermodel but that doesn't mean he couldn't be comfortably average with effort. Personality does make all the difference if you are average. An average looking funny person will do a lot better when dating than an average looking awkward person. Making these changes requires a lot of inner strength and a healthy mental state but you don't have to just resign yourself to looking bad, you can try and improve any way you can.

I don't mean to be condescending or to belittle anyone's struggles and I really hope this message doesn't come off like that. I also struggle significantly with body image and have tried everything up to and including surgery to try fix myself. I was born with a birth defect and will never be attractive because of it. I know I shouldn't be so jealous of anyone I perceive as being born normal but I can't help it. I'm self aware though - I know I could do more to improve myself if it wasn't for my depression. I'm just now in a place where I honestly don't care anymore though and am ready to ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
If you lift the thread creator's statement out of the human perspective - especially human dating - you will know that it's true. Just see how animals breed - while looks, the way we use them, may be irrelevant, it's mostly the male animals that are the most capable of projecting force, that are successful at mating. The others will die by the alpha animal's teeth, claws or hoofs.

This existence that we call "life" is just a race track where we compete against each other.

Interloper

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
tbf you picked a guy that did absolutely no self-grooming (at that point in time, I'm gonna ignore the causes of it because we are talking purely about looks).

He looked better in his updated picture, and I can totally picture him looking like jesus if he committed to losing more weight/trimming his beard/taking care of his skin.

Reactions: ashfall
Victini

Victini

Feb 3, 2022
Whatever? In other words, you aren't genuinely sorry you called social anxiety disorder (SAD) sufferers parasites. They need to be kicked out on the street so they can change their personality traits because you're an expert who knows that it's surprisingly easy to do so... If you don't like "the approach of this forum", leave it & shit on people elsewhere.

Some of your offensive comments were removed, so I'm no longer able to quote them. You equated environment with personality in one of them (wtf?), but I'm unable to prove it.
At this point you're just being dishonest and exaggerating my points to make me fit in a box.
We have gone over this before, look at the past replies. Being good looking =/= automatically having a good life.

Last edited:
Reactions: ashfall
Blondi

Blondi

Iš Lietuvos
Feb 2, 2021
1 wouldn't be as attractive as he is if he didn't spend hours every day in the gym and watch his diet.
Disagree , most good looking people eat and exercise just like your average person would , the only difference is face and height that they are born with .
Healthier food and more exercise would get guy number two into better shape
I agree because I chose the wrong example.
A proper skin routine could help clear his acne
You can't wash acne away with a soap.
A new haircut and a new style of glasses would also be a significant improvement
An ugly guy with a new haircut and glasses is an ugly guy with a new haircut and glasses.

Personality does make all the difference if you are average. An average looking funny person will do a lot better when dating than an average looking awkward person.
Humour is subjective.

Reactions: yive
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
At this point you're just being dishonest and exaggerating my points to make me fit in a box.

I just see them going on an endless cycle of self-pity with the approach of this forum.

There's a difference between acknowledging the shitty hands one has been dealt with and making the most out of it vs using your misfortunes as endless excuses to beat yourself down and sink even deeper. I can't respect such people and sugarcoat their bad actions to make them feel good, especially if from my subjective point of view, I think they can improve their situation (not all of course). Whatever dude, your view is in vogue here so I will change my language for the next time.

You've put your own insolent, condescending ass in a box, dude. You clearly have no respect for "the approach of this forum" & a significant number of its members. I'm not exaggerating anything; your offensive comments were removed by the mods because you broke the forum rules, not because "my view is in vogue here". If you were a decent person, you'd apologize for calling tortured human beings parasites.

Reactions: Coffeandamug and Messgram
Victini

Victini

Feb 3, 2022
You clearly have no respect for "the approach of this forum" & a significant number of its members.
Just because I don't agree completely with the perspective offered by this forum, doesn't mean I don't respect it.
Your offensive comments were removed by the mods because you broke the forum rules, not because "my view is in vogue here".
Yours is aligned with the forum's one.

ashfall

ashfall

Jan 1, 2022
Disagree , most good looking people eat and exercise just like your average person would , the only difference is face and height that they are born with .

I kind of disagree, a lot of the most good looking guys spend hours every week doing weights and eat loads of protein to support that. Genetics is a lottery though so I do agree some fortunate people can get away with looking great with no work. It's unfair that one person can do nothing and look good but that doesn't mean you (don't mean you personally just in general) putting in the effort wouldn't benefit you at all. A good diet and exercising every day can make an incredible difference. As for a person's face, if it's really bad surgery is an option. I know it's cruel that society makes us feel we have to change ourselves to meet these high beauty standards but if it improves your confidence surely it's worth it.

For example, the guy in the new picture might really benefit from a nose job and jaw surgery (example before and after of this pictured below).

before-after-patient-01.jpg

An ugly guy with a new haircut and glasses is an ugly guy with a new haircut and glasses.

You're right that a new haircut and glasses won't do much on its own but if combined with other changes it can make a big difference. For example in the above pic even just slightly longer hair makes the guy look way better. It hides how much his hairline is receding and makes his eyes look less bulgy.

You can't wash acne away with a soap.

No you definitely can't and please don't try. Just the thought of using soap on your face makes me cringe! I said a proper skincare routine - aka cleanser, toner, vitamin oils and moisturiser specially designed for acne-prone skin. Maybe some exfoliation and face masks too. If that fails there are medications.

Humour is subjective.

Well of course but you must agree there are general trends. If everyone found completely different things funny we wouldn't have comedians. If you are trying to appeal to women's humour maybe google what comedians are most popular among women. Then you could watch their stuff to get a good idea of what appeals to a wide female audience. Just make sure to avoid misogynic jokes completely unless you want to send girls running.

I know it really isn't fair that some people can just exist and attract people without doing any work. However, copying them when you've been dealt a different hand won't make anything better. There are lots of things people can do to improve their circumstances. Not everything is fixable e.g. height but that doesn't mean you can't work on everything else. Short hot guys usually end up with short hot girls - it may not be as easy but they do.

Once again I'm really not trying to imply your feelings aren't valid or anything like that. Your struggles are real. I'm just trying to offer some suggestions that might give you some hope. I know all this stuff costs silly money and it's hard to start when you've been beaten down your whole life.