• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
In my opinion the basic fundamentals of life are "evil". I think most people would agree that if you take something from someone or something without there consent that it's wrong to do so. But life itself is built off of taking advantage of other organisms. It doesn't matter if it's an animal eating another animal or a human taking fruit from a tree we need to take from others to further our selves.

the condition is inherently evil, just to live we must commit necessary evil

"lifes not fair" "that's life" etc. even as a kid i had subconscious feelings along the lines of "why would you bring me/kids into an existence that isnt fair?" and thought it was pretty cruel

Pleasure is never as pleasant as we expected it to be and pain is always more painful. The pain in the world always outweighs the pleasure. If you don't believe it, compare the respective feelings of two animals, one of which is eating the other.

Reactions: WhatPowerIs, GoatHerder, Forever Sleep and 4 others
davidtorez

davidtorez

Arcanist
Mar 8, 2024
In my opinion the basic fundamentals of life are "evil". I think most people would agree that if you take something from someone or something without there consent that it's wrong to do so. But life itself is built off of taking advantage of other organisms. It doesn't matter if it's an animal eating another animal or a human taking fruit from a tree we need to take from others to further our selves.

the condition is inherently evil, just to live we must commit necessary evil

"lifes not fair" "that's life" etc. even as a kid i had subconscious feelings along the lines of "why would you bring me/kids into an existence that isnt fair?" and thought it was pretty cruel

Pleasure is never as pleasant as we expected it to be and pain is always more painful. The pain in the world always outweighs the pleasure. If you don't believe it, compare the respective feelings of two animals, one of which is eating the other.
Exactly right . In the case of the animals eating each other , one loses its entire life for the satiety of the other animal which lasts for a few hours . Who would take a week of the greatest pleasures for a day of the worst horrible torture and pain? I'd say noone in their right mind would accept such an offer.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, GoatHerder, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Agreed. It's a shame we didn't all evolve to be able to photosynthesize like plants do. Sunshine is free too!

Just to knit pick though- the tree wants animals to eat its fruit. It's how that tree reproduces. So that they poo out the pips and it gets to have offspring. It deliberately creates the fruit to attract animals to do that.

Otherwise though- yeah, it's pretty disturbing how this world has been set up to begin with. That in order to have optimum health, sometimes just simply to survive, sentient organisms need to hurt and kill other sentient organisms.

Reactions: davidtorez and Darkover
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Just to knit pick though- the tree wants animals to eat its fruit. It's how that tree reproduces. So that they poo out the pips and it gets to have offspring. It deliberately creates the fruit to attract animals to do that.
When the nitpicker spells "nitpick" wrong...

(Just a joke ;))

• Yay!
Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
When the nitpicker spells "nitpick" wrong...

(Just a joke ;))

Ha ha- fair point. God, I hate spelling. Feels like it should be knit pick or knitpick though... I always think of knitting when I hear it...

todiefor

todiefor

I hope I made some +ve difference in ppl’s lives
Jun 24, 2023
I just don't think life is right or wrong, evil or not evil. It just is, through evolution and you can't ask for consent obviously before u r born and that's how life is. Do I think life is kind of miraculous? Yes from a biology point of view the whole thing is kind of crazy complex and intricate and almost impossible yet it works, not because of god but because of evolution. Life can be chaotic and random but in that there is also opportunity and beauty. There's also cruelty etc etc, there is a lot of good and bad and mostly grey areas of uncertainty.

The universe doesn't owe us anything, u r a life form like any other life form, fairness isn't a concept that ang other life form that we know of have. My life experience is arguably quite awful and unfair, but it doesn't mean other ppl's lives should be meaningless or awful too, my experience doesn't really speak for others experience. I hope others do well in their lives and continue to have hope and pursue their dreams, even if mine may one day diminish and die.
Agreed. It's a shame we didn't all evolve to be able to photosynthesize like plants do. Sunshine is free too!

Otherwise though- yeah, it's pretty disturbing how this world has been set up to begin with. That in order to have optimum health, sometimes just simply to survive, sentient organisms need to hurt and kill other sentient organisms.
Yeah that is also assuming plants don't have feelings, what if plants also wanted to have been asked for consent before they were born too, they are born and complain that all they do is stand there all day being bored and then get eaten or burrowed into by animals casually or get struck by lightning and die or get mangled and constricted by a parasitic plant until it dies. Sorry got kinda dark there 😂

Last edited:
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I just don't think life is right or wrong, evil or not evil.
Inflicting Pain: Deliberately causing suffering to animals for enjoyment disregards their capacity to feel pain and experience distress. This is just nature not evil

todiefor

todiefor

I hope I made some +ve difference in ppl’s lives
Jun 24, 2023
Inflicting Pain: Deliberately causing suffering to animals for enjoyment disregards their capacity to feel pain and experience distress. This is just nature not evil
I mean I'm not really trying to change your mind or invalidate your pain, and I'm really sorry you suffer so much to feel this way 🫂❤️, your pain is palpable and understandable. But everything u say do only focus on the negative, there are also many beautiful and happy and amazing things about life that many experience that perhaps need to also be considered. Ultimately life has a lot of positives and negatives as everything in life does, if you only focus on the negatives then sure perhaps the conclusion u reach is no life form should exist, that life itself is horrid, and I'm really sorry u feel that way, but it isn't the case for everyone, and even if it is others may draw a different conclusion. So given everyone has different experiences, I can't personally make a call I think as to whether I think life is inherently wrong, because I know others are striving and enjoying their lives all across this planet, all with their own stories and different circumstances.

Last edited:
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I mean I'm not really trying to change your mind or invalidate your pain, and I'm really sorry you suffer so much to feel this way. But everything u say do only focus on the negative, there are also many beautiful and happy and amazing things about life that many experience that perhaps need to also be considered. Ultimately life has a lot of positives and negatives as everything in life does, if you only focus on the negatives then sure perhaps the conclusion u reach is no life form should exist, that life itself is horrid, and I'm really sorry u feel that way, but it isn't the case for everyone, and even if it is others may draw a different conclusion. So given everyone has different experiences, I can't personally make a call I think as to whether I think life is inherently wrong, because I know others are striving and enjoying their lives all across this planet, all with their own stories and different circumstances.
Lets look at Earth. There is war, pain, suffering, death, greed, deception, corruption, murder, backstabbing, liars, false accusations, false witnesses, haters, adulterers, and division. Sounds a lot like Hell to me.Our industrial civilization is probably the worst hell on Earth which will be worse for generations to come. Overpopulation causes problems everywhere. Many people enjoy spewing out nastiness at others. Humans lie and deceive others. Mean people usually succeed in life and the kind are the losers. Man is the only animal who destroys this planet. We have to put up with overpopulation, population growth, overcrowding, immigration, crime, noise, suffering, bullying, rudeness, loneliness, meaninglessness, injustices, diseases, poverty, wars, pollution and climate change. A nuclear war is also threatening, which could be the absolute worst hell on our planet.There would be no human suffering if we all could decide the time of our own death. But people are expected to live, not die. The society tries to force people to live in a world where we are all going to die anyway. This is the denial of death and the fear of death. Countries without euthanasia and death penalty do everything to prevent human death. Deadly medicines are hard to come by and what remains are the painful and uncertain ways of leaving life. Human death process can go on for decades in civilization. Our parents force us to live no matter how sick or disabled we are and no matter what we want. This prolonging of human life against our will is the worst indirect torture in history. Only rich people can afford physician assisted suicide in Switzerland and the patients also have to follow the rules of the suicide clinic. Physician assisted suicide is not for everyone. But euthanasia will probably be a human right worldwide in the future.You were born against your will and you don´t even have the right to determine the time of your own death in a reliable and peaceful way. You are expected to be tormented as long as possible before death occurs and there is no limit to how bad things can get. This is nothing but hell.

• Hugs
Reactions: MyExistenceMyChoice and todiefor