• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Hunterer

Hunterer

May 13, 2024
Before commenting on anything, I would like you to read about my opinion and what I have to say. I want to know if you agree with it or not.

Over the years, suicidal thoughts took over my mind and I began to see the world in a pessimistic way, or rather, I began to see the world the way it really is, and thanks to that, I was finally able to open my eyes to life and realize how bad it is in practically every aspect.

There are good things in life, but living a happy and stable life these days is practically impossible. So, as I said in another post, it takes a lot of effort and even luck to be happy, and in the end, it might not even be worth it, and that's just another reason why I want to ctb, and in my opinion, it's a great reason.

I've talked to people about this, and some of them said they would try to move on instead of ctb, and I don't judge anyone for wanting to do that, because everyone has expectations of improvement, whether through work and effort to achieve the best, or through death, which can serve as a permanent solution to problems (or at least, I hope so). But the decision is up to each person, and I have already decided what I want to do.

People say that ctb is not the solution and society condemns those who commit this act, as if it were a "crime", when in fact, the real crime is wanting to keep alive a person who is in constant suffering, whether mental or physical. People say that life is a gift, that we are young and that we still have a lot to live for, but I have to disagree when they say that life is a gift, because it is not and never will be. We are simply inserted into an unfair and unequal society against our will, we cannot choose where we are born or whether we are born with a problem or not. I see people being born with physical disabilities, people going hungry and struggling to survive, people being forced to deal with the pain of an illness, and in the worst case, a rare disease, with no cure and no known treatment. And even so, even though they are born and live with so many problems, society still looks at these people and simply says that they cannot die and condemns them for wanting to, as if it were some kind of crime.

Life would only be a gift if we lived in a utopia without crime, without evil, where everyone lives in complete peace and harmony with each other, but a world like that is obviously impossible. And instead, we have: hunger, crime, wars, diseases and a series of other problems...

Seeing certain scenes breaks my heart, and I realize more and more that we are living in a "Hell on Earth".

To all those who are fighting and striving for a better life, I congratulate you for your willpower, because you are strong and a warrior, and the same goes for the people on this forum. If you are here, it means that you have been through a lot of shit in this life, and even if you haven't, it is normal to want to give up on everything and the choice is up to each one of you regarding what to do. I just know we've been through a lot, I guess.

And with that, I end my post by reaffirming that: from my point of view, life is not a gift for me and for many others out there who live in suffering for whatever reason, but if someone is willing to move on and seek improvement, feel free to do so. Feel free to take control of your life and decide your destiny.

But what about you who have read this far ? What do you think ? Do you agree or disagree ? Let me know if you have anything to say.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kusogaki, Rakeman, samdocheon and 9 others
Michael_the_ratman

Michael_the_ratman

Jul 20, 2024
I agree with everything you've said. I also see life like you do.

Growing up I've also slowly and slowly realized how horrible this world was.

If you want to have a « good » life you have to work hard, study hard, find people… like you said it's impossible and it's a pain.

About people telling you to get better and to not CTB, they don't understand how you feel. Honestly, I will not tell you to go and CTB as it is very wrong and I don't wish on anyone to be suicidal. I still hope you reconsider, feelings are temporary and I don't think you'll want to CTB forever. You probably heard all of it before, but I hope you find joy in this life^^

I must apologize I'm terrible at replying to posts or trying to make people feel better. Your post was so well written and long, I'm sorry this is all I have.

Best of luck ^^

Reactions: sserafim
Ethernatuskoi

Ethernatuskoi

Life is a very bad joke
Oct 24, 2023
It all depends on luck. If you are lucky enough to be born in a good country, with a good family, good health and money, you will certainly have a good life, at least initially, because other people can screw you over time, as was the case in me, because of bullying. Thanks to this shit and other factors, my mind is all fucked up, and I have a good family, including some benefits, but even so I still think about ctb, so anyway, life is not a gift and everyone is doomed to suffering.

So in short, I agree and we really do live hell on Earth......

Reactions: sserafim, aslank98 and Hunterer
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it's a gift in terms of when someone buys you something that you don't necessarily like. Either out of the best intentions or, because they felt obliged to. And then, you feel obliged to be grateful for it because- that's what's expected of you. Life feels like an oldschool type of gift to me. Where, we were too polite to tell the gifter that we don't really like it. Before the days of gift receipts where it was seen as rude to reject or belittle a gift.

Really though, it depends on the person. I've known people who genuinely saw life as a gift. Not necessarily because everything was easy for them. But, I suppose they had enough good things to outweigh the bad. So, as a statement, I think it would apply to some people but not others. It depends on how they experience their life. I wouldn't say either are wrong in describing their own experience but- it's not fair to push that assumption on everyone. The same way it isn't realistic to say everyone is cursed with life and sentience. People enjoying themselves wouldn't agree with that either.

Reactions: Hunterer
yunzzzk

yunzzzk

See you later alligator
Aug 1, 2024
I am starting to believe that maybe we are living in hell right now. I sometimes question why we are living on this planet, I don't understand why, I don't understand why each of us try so hard to just stay alive. Why so much suffering so much struggling, I just want everyone to relax…live an easy life. I have seen my family suffer through a lot and with the limited ability I have in this cruel world, I feel just so powerless, I just could not do more…

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and Hunterer
AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Student
Apr 5, 2024
Life is not a gift because you are forced to accept it, can't ignore it or get rid of it easily, requires constant maintenance and work and doesn't provide any benefit.

It's like giving someone a pet alligator with all the paperwork already signed in their name as a gift.

No offense to alligators.

• Yay!
Reactions: Kali_Yuga13, sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
Hunterer

Hunterer

May 13, 2024
It depends on how they experience their life. I wouldn't say either are wrong in describing their own experience but- it's not fair to push that assumption on everyone. The same way it isn't realistic to say everyone is cursed with life and sentience. People enjoying themselves wouldn't agree with that either.
Yes, that's just my point of view. The world is shit, life is fucked up for a lot of people, everything requires a lot of effort to be achieved, and I'm really not up for any of that✋

I do have some benefits in my life, but these benefits are not enough to make me happy. I am certainly being ungrateful, but I really don't care. I didn't ask to be here, but I also have nothing against those who put me here, and nothing against any God or anything like that. In the end, I will never be truly satisfied.

If you, or others, believe that life is still tolerable and that you can move on the way things are, then I highly recommend looking for ways to improve. I would also like to find a way to improve, I just don't have a great motivation for it and simple things make me get frustrated quickly. Not only that, but there are other reasons that I mentioned in other posts out there...

Anyway, everyone sees life in their own way, whether as something good or bad. It all depends on how your life is and how you live it🤷‍♂️

• Love
Reactions: Kusogaki and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, that's just my point of view. The world is shit, life is fucked up for a lot of people, everything requires a lot of effort to be achieved, and I'm really not up for any of that✋

I do have some benefits in my life, but these benefits are not enough to make me happy. I am certainly being ungrateful, but I really don't care. I didn't ask to be here, but I also have nothing against those who put me here, and nothing against any God or anything like that. In the end, I will never be truly satisfied.

If you, or others, believe that life is still tolerable and that you can move on the way things are, then I highly recommend looking for ways to improve. I would also like to find a way to improve, I just don't have a great motivation for it and simple things make me get frustrated quickly. Not only that, but there are other reasons that I mentioned in other posts out there...

Anyway, everyone sees life in their own way, whether as something good or bad. It all depends on how your life is and how you live it🤷‍♂️

I admire you for not feeling resentful towards parents and God. I'm afraid I do hold some resentment now towards my parents, although I'm trying hard not to show it. I know they didn't intend for things to turn out this way but I wish they'd thought things through more.

I really don't like God if there is one though. Maybe they will explain it to us all one day. Maybe there is a good reason for all the awful things that happen but I can't see what would justify it myself.

I think gratitude is nice when it's genuine. Some of the seemingly happier people I've come across in life seem to be genuinely grateful. But, I don't think it should be forced on someone. Plus, I feel like- if you feel resentful for having been given life to begin with. If death or non existence from the start is your ultimate desire- really what would you be genuinely grateful for? Grateful that you're not chronically ill or starving like some other poor people. Grateful that you have a job, a home, a family? None of that good or bad stuff would even be necessary if we weren't alive to begin with!

But, I agree with you- each to their own in terms of how we perceive life.

• Love
lawlietsph

lawlietsph

can we be done here
May 6, 2023
I agree with you. If we can call suffering, pain, pure self hate, inequity, etc.. a gift, then life certainly is a gift. Otherwise it is nothing but misery.
I never know how horrible life is, until I realized the level of inequity in this world. I guess social media has a big part in all of that, as I am constantly reminded that everyone is so perfect, beautiful and talented, and I am nothing but a waste of space.
The things I have to endure on a daily basis just because I don't have enough money is insane.
My whole life, my future is fucked up from the start, just because I was born in a shithole country with an abusive family.

Yes, they say ctb is not a solution, but I ask what is the solution then? To keep going in deep pain, suffering, pushing through the hardest days, chasing money like a clown, knowing damn well that it's never going to get better? Why? What's the point?
All I see is people pushing themselves, working hard hard hard hard hard otherwise you worth nothing, just work work work work - until they get some kind of illness, and eventually die. We are getting physically sick from this lifestyle, yet we do it anyway.
Life is nothing but pain for those who are not lucky enough.

• Aww..
Reactions: Hunterer and sserafim
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Before commenting on anything, I would like you to read about my opinion and what I have to say. I want to know if you agree with it or not.

Over the years, suicidal thoughts took over my mind and I began to see the world in a pessimistic way, or rather, I began to see the world the way it really is, and thanks to that, I was finally able to open my eyes to life and realize how bad it is in practically every aspect.

There are good things in life, but living a happy and stable life these days is practically impossible. So, as I said in another post, it takes a lot of effort and even luck to be happy, and in the end, it might not even be worth it, and that's just another reason why I want to ctb, and in my opinion, it's a great reason.

I've talked to people about this, and some of them said they would try to move on instead of ctb, and I don't judge anyone for wanting to do that, because everyone has expectations of improvement, whether through work and effort to achieve the best, or through death, which can serve as a permanent solution to problems (or at least, I hope so). But the decision is up to each person, and I have already decided what I want to do.

People say that ctb is not the solution and society condemns those who commit this act, as if it were a "crime", when in fact, the real crime is wanting to keep alive a person who is in constant suffering, whether mental or physical. People say that life is a gift, that we are young and that we still have a lot to live for, but I have to disagree when they say that life is a gift, because it is not and never will be. We are simply inserted into an unfair and unequal society against our will, we cannot choose where we are born or whether we are born with a problem or not. I see people being born with physical disabilities, people going hungry and struggling to survive, people being forced to deal with the pain of an illness, and in the worst case, a rare disease, with no cure and no known treatment. And even so, even though they are born and live with so many problems, society still looks at these people and simply says that they cannot die and condemns them for wanting to, as if it were some kind of crime.

Life would only be a gift if we lived in a utopia without crime, without evil, where everyone lives in complete peace and harmony with each other, but a world like that is obviously impossible. And instead, we have: hunger, crime, wars, diseases and a series of other problems...

Seeing certain scenes breaks my heart, and I realize more and more that we are living in a "Hell on Earth".

To all those who are fighting and striving for a better life, I congratulate you for your willpower, because you are strong and a warrior, and the same goes for the people on this forum. If you are here, it means that you have been through a lot of shit in this life, and even if you haven't, it is normal to want to give up on everything and the choice is up to each one of you regarding what to do. I just know we've been through a lot, I guess.

And with that, I end my post by reaffirming that: from my point of view, life is not a gift for me and for many others out there who live in suffering for whatever reason, but if someone is willing to move on and seek improvement, feel free to do so. Feel free to take control of your life and decide your destiny.

But what about you who have read this far ? What do you think ? Do you agree or disagree ? Let me know if you have anything to say.
Hm. Well, I personally don't think it's strictly a gift or a burden. I'd say it's an opportunity to experience something other than non-experience. You can potentially do all sorts of very enjoyable things or it can backfire horribly, and whichever way things go there's the safety net of eventual death. And if you're really not liking it you can sometimes exit early via CTB.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, it could never be to me as well, I see existence as such a terrible, harmful tragedy that just torments existing beings and causes them to suffer so unnecessarily all for the sake of it. I'd never wish to be conscious with the ability to feel extreme pain just to be tortured by old age and die anyway, existing truly is so incredibly undesirable to me. I find it so painful and sad how I suffer so pointlessly in this existence with no way to just never wake again, to me existence truly is the most futile and torturous burden and more than anything I wish I never existed, I wish I just stayed eternally unaware.

Reactions: Hunterer and sserafim
K

Kali_Yuga13

Student
Jul 11, 2024
Life is not a gift because you are forced to accept it, can't ignore it or get rid of it easily, requires constant maintenance and work and doesn't provide any benefit.

It's like giving someone a pet alligator with all the paperwork already signed in their name as a gift.

No offense to alligators.
I've given alot of thought to the "life is a gift" concept along with the idea of having an "attitude of gratitude". These don't fly with me when examined. Because we have no agency in the receiving or declining of said "gift", I do not consider it as such. Life is more like an emergent condition or state of awareness.

I also feel that the idea of forcing oneself to have an attitude of gratitude is an idea that is often used as a form of covert shaming and invalidation. I think that concept of "appreciation" and using practical steps to build upon what one already has rather than take the role of groveling supplicant is better..

Overall, life to me feels like I was drugged and strapped into a roller coaster unaware. I woke up on the rollercoaster with a jolt, once I got oriented I enjoyed the novelty of going around the track a few times, after decades I want off the f'n coaster!!! :D

I've been watching vids of people that were in accidents and are now disabled. I don't know how they get by and why many of them are so content. Depression is like being crippled I guess except people blame you for not just putting on a smile.

I like the Wizard of Oz how Dorthey can click her heels three times and repeat "there's no place like home". I want to go home.

Reactions: AbusedInnocent, sugarb and Hunterer
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Over the years, suicidal thoughts took over my mind and I began to see the world in a pessimistic way, or rather, I began to see the world the way it really is,
This might be an unpopular opinion, but viewing the world in a pessimistic manner isn't viewing it for what it truly is. The whole glass "half empty" or glass "half full" perspectives are basically two sides of the same coin. The world is made up of good and bad aspects and everything in between, so viewing it from an overly negative or overly positive perspective isn't going to give you the full picture.

Reactions: sugarb, Kali_Yuga13 and Hunterer
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Life can totally be a gift but gifts don't have to be good. There are all kinds of neutral or even bad gifts. Some gifts simply aren't suited for the recipients like for example giving dog treats to someone who owns a cat. For some people, the gift of life is about as great as gifting a comb to a bald person. Other gifts could be good with certain people but simply given at the wrong time. Who needs ski equipment in the middle of the summer and with climate change increasingly threatening us all?

Last edited:
Reactions: sugarb and Hunterer
Hunterer

Hunterer

May 13, 2024
This might be an unpopular opinion, but viewing the world in a pessimistic manner isn't viewing it for what it truly is.
Well, that's just my opinion. I know the world has good things to offer, but because of inequality and other problems, it's very difficult to achieve those good things. It will take a lot of effort and a bit of luck too. And I know that very soon, the world will become a worse place due to a series of factors, be it wars, hunger, diseases, and so on... I've experienced good things, but right now, there's nothing good that I can really continue to live for. So, in short, the world does have its positive aspects, but most of the aspects are negative, at least in my opinion🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Kusogaki and Tr3dorz