B

Benjamin

Jan 20, 2019

This video gave me a lot to think about, it gave me a pretty solid sense of feeling understood. I'm sharing it here to hop it gives others the same feeling. I'd also like to use this thread as an opportunity to discuss what was brought up in the video.

There was a lot going on in the short span of the video, but what I took away was that humanity should be more compassionate towards suicide, we shouldn't stigmatize it or make it illegal. It should be a human right.

What was your take away from the video?

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 5 others
U

Untitled

Jan 14, 2019
Thanks for sharing the video. It makes me happy to see how many people believe that suicide should be a basic human right, and just looking at the comment section on YouTube you can see how many people agree. The thing that I mostly take from the video is the talk about religion in the start. I've been thinking for most of my life that everything I do that isn't completely selfless is a sin, and I'm sure that many people share this feeling, sadly. I'm just starting to understand that my suffering is just as important as anyone else. And if I want to die then I shouldn't be thinking about the people who demand that I live against my will, but rather I should think about myself. I deserve to be free from suffering too, and everyone else on this planet should have this basic right to death.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 3 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I've seen this video before; eyedoubtit's brother ctb about 10 months ago. Blew his brains out with a shotgun.

He has a video that calls out the suicide preventionists, among others.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Thanks for the post. It does make you think of all possibilities in this world. I find our species deeply flawed, but I find this planet intensely beautiful.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals