soybiscuit

soybiscuit

sweet lovely death, im waiting for your breath
Mar 24, 2023
im in the process of writing a new suicide note atm, and it just keeps getting longer and longer. it includes personal messages for important (in a negative and positive manner) people in my life, a will, a general explanation and a very long rant.
my questions regarding this are: is making my note this long even worth it?
will the people addressed in it even get to read it or care to read it?
will it really matter in the end if i tell my sob story to the world and let people know why i chose to end my life?
im really unsure if this is even worth the effort.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Stormy Raine
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
I think suicide notes are personal choices people make. I know someone sons left a suicide note and the police said she can come pick it up but she never went to get it. I personally will not write a suicide note because if you didn't care while I'm alive I don't want to tell you my story while I'm gone, but if you want to I highly suggest you do it. Some people leave audio messages, videos and send letters to ensure the people will receive them. I don't think suicide notes can be too long, you take as long as you want and then rest easy knowing you said your final words. šŸ„°

Reactions: soybiscuit
soybiscuit

soybiscuit

sweet lovely death, im waiting for your breath
Mar 24, 2023
I think suicide notes are personal choices people make. I know someone sons left a suicide note and the police said she can come pick it up but she never went to get it. I personally will not write a suicide note because if you didn't care while I'm alive I don't want to tell you my story while I'm gone, but if you want to I highly suggest you do it. Some people leave audio messages, videos and send letters to ensure the people will receive them. I don't think suicide notes can be too long, you take as long as you want and then rest easy knowing you said your final words. šŸ„°
thank u so much for the reassurance <3
sending letters sounds like a really good idea, too! i might consider doing that as well.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Stormy Raine
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
My friends mother died and left her an audio message and I thought that was a beautiful idea so she could always play it when she missed her mom and felt lonely. I'm not sure if the police will give someone a note if it will cause them distress so you may want to ask around. Best wishes!

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and soybiscuit
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I've written loads of suicide notes in the past, and some of them have resembled a novel.
I think a short, yet detailed note is best, focusing on what really matters.
Things such as " nobody else is to blame for my death " is an important one.
Also such things as " My decision is a logical one, and not based on impulsive emotion ".

haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
I think that theres not a Ā« perfect Ā» length for a suicide note. As its very personal. Write it if u want to and if its really long/ detailed, well it is what it is. And if its a short one then its ok too. Its not about the length its about sending a message imo. And if u dont want to write one then dont. Anyway u will be dead at this moment. Good luck and hope u find peace

puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
I personally will not write a suicide note because if you didn't care while I'm alive I don't want to tell you my story while I'm gone
I'm sorry, you shouldn't have to feel like no one cares. I care about you.

Reactions: Stormy Raine
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's up to you whether to write a note, suicide doesn't need to be justified and nobody is owed an explanation. But a note could mean that those left behind are less likely to be left with as many unanswered questions, it could give them some closure.

Reactions: Stormy Raine