Will you leave a letter?

• Total voters
Sigh_Sigh_Sigh

Sigh_Sigh_Sigh

Mar 9, 2023
Will any of you also be leaving a letter when you CTB?

Reactions: Lostandlooking and lessthanperfect
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I would see it as best to leave one but I guess that after all it's up to the individual. A suicide letter could act as a form of closure for those left behind and mean that they are less likely to be left with as many unanswered questions.

Reactions: Unwr!tten and lessthanperfect
xxpinkmoonglitterxx

xxpinkmoonglitterxx

My Tears Ricochet
Mar 24, 2023
I honestly don't think anyone would care that much and I don't have anything to say to anyone. I'd like to go as quietly and unnoticed as a I lived.

• Love
Reactions: azurarcher and lessthanperfect
LocalMistake

LocalMistake

update: found the 'change username' option lmao
Nov 26, 2020
i don't think i'll leave a letter, however, i'm considering sending a couple of 'thank you' texts to some people that really helped me out in the past

Reactions: lessthanperfect
Hugh Class

Hugh Class

Apr 9, 2023
Will any of you also be leaving a letter when you CTB?
No....i will not. People in my life have lied to me, keep secrets from me that caused me great financial harm. I don't feel, i need to explain anything to them or say, Good Bye.

Reactions: lessthanperfect
L

lessthanperfect

Student
Mar 30, 2023
I can't imagine going without writing one. One of the reasons I'm still alive right now is that I've procrastinated on writing my letter.

It would be addressed to my sister, the one person I care about and who cares about me, and it would just be describing the pain I've been living with and trying to help her understand that it wasn't a selfish act; it was an inevitable ending to a sad short story. I want her to know that I care about her and that the only reason I haven't attempted suicide every single time I saw a bottle of pills or walked by a road was that I didn't want to hurt her and it finally became too much to carry.

I'd probably write a smaller one to the police as evidence just to say "this is no one's fault, don't waste your resources searching for harassment, etc." and mail the longer letter to my sister right before doing it. I've heard too many stories about police confiscating suicide notes before the intended recipient is able to read it (at least for a while) to leave it in their hands.

I might also make a brief post on social media vaguely coming out as trans in a way that would try to help people understand where we're coming from. Something short and vague that doesn't explicitly scream "I'm trans and I'm going to CBT, call the police" but is easily interpretable later on if you know that I CBTed right after posting it. "why can't people just let trans people be" and then "thanks texas" or "dealing with dysphoria's hard enough without all of the discrimination and hatred" but I'm still not sure if that would make it better or worse for trans people still living.

Last edited:

Oct 9, 2023
I would, in a way to make them realise all the wrong they made me go through but also because i don't think i could just leave without some impacting last words, it would hurt them too much, even with everything they did i still feel the need to give them a real goodbye.

Boudika

Boudika

Trauma? Oh you mean reason why I'm hilarious
Aug 22, 2023
I'm not sure. Yes, it would be good goodbye for them but... I'm too fucking lazy. Like, I would have to write 10 letters, or one very long one. I'm too tired for that.

dazed_dreamer

dazed_dreamer

at the end of everything, hold on to anything
Sep 21, 2023
I want to write one so that people know it's no one else's fault, just a result of my mental illness that no one could fix despite their best efforts. I don't want people to falsely blame themselves

DearAgony

DearAgony

Oct 11, 2023
No, because no one will be there to read it. I have no one in my life and no friends. I'm a truck driver so I work alone as well. The only people who'll realize I ever left are my dispatchers after they don't see me go on duty in the truck after a couple days.

a_depressed_lizard

a_depressed_lizard

Oct 12, 2023
I would like to, but my previous attempts have been highly impulsive, so I was never really thinking about leaving a note