• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

another_creature

another_creature

Above an abyss
Sep 14, 2023
I'm so pissed about the lack of information about suicide. And I dont mean information about the right of people to die or how to commit suicide even.

Googling ANYTHING suicide related will instantly just redirect you to helplines (and we all know how helpful these are). As someone who lost friends and my only sibling to suicide, I really need/ed help, not just support (it all feels fake anyway and nobody knows what to say/do) but even just stories of other people who went through similar things. Especially parents because I would like to help my parents feel less alone.

We all know many people CTB. Especially as a funeral worker I am hyper aware of it, including young kids or old people and very rarely does this information gets released even within related schools and communities.

I get that they are trying to prevent more deaths, but alienating people who have to deal with it and making them feel like they are totally insane or alone in contemplating suicide is messed up.

The fact you need to dig through so much shit just to find someone share what they went through or how they got over it is ridiculous.

And just want to emphasize again how much I hate the instant redirects to helplines or information that is not in your query. Remind me of wanting to research a new beer I want to try and getting AA on google. I fucking hate this. We are already all born alone on this earth and doomed to die alone, now we have the internet, let us utilize it properly for fucks sake

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, pthnrdnojvsc, EvisceratedJester and 6 others
Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Arcanist
Apr 10, 2024
I noticed that, too. These evil companies draw some pretty arbitrary lines.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
It's difficult for society to manage I think.

Luckily the vast majority of people do get better and recover. Suicide rates are very low, way less than 0.01% of the population.

It's a balance of getting people to help, but letting those too far gone have the information.

You can usually find Suicide information a few results down the page so personally I don't think it's too bad to have help and support as the first small handful of results.

Definitely a hard fine balance though and I'm glad I don't make the decisions on it.

another_creature

another_creature

Above an abyss
Sep 14, 2023
It's difficult for society to manage I think.

Luckily the vast majority of people do get better and recover. Suicide rates are very low, way less than 0.01% of the population.

It's a balance of getting people to help, but letting those too far gone have the information.

You can usually find Suicide information a few results down the page so personally I don't think it's too bad to have help and support as the first small handful of results.

Definitely a hard fine balance though and I'm glad I don't make the decisions on it.
I get what you're saying, and I would generally agree however I think to the vast majority of heavily suicidal people the help they offer is often not helpful and sometimes pushes people over the edge. Also these helplines don't generally care unless you're about to do it in which case the "help" offered is calling the cops or sending you to a mental hospital. In the 2nd case, in many countries the hospital bill will be on you. In the first case, if an ambulance is called, often the bill is on you too.
And regardless, the fact that it's so difficult to find information on how to deal with the aftermath just because your query has the word "suicide" is ridiculous.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
First, change your search engine to one that doesn't censor. Google is evil.