• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024

Just learned about it. After a quick research, I noticed it's barely tackled on the forum. It's never been offered as a therapy by any psychiatrist I've seen either.

"after years of searching for an effective treatment and "doing everything right" without a significant change in her mood and energy, a genetic test was able to determine the presence of an MTHFR enzyme alteration that may explain both her symptoms and the lack of efficacy of several attempted treatments."

Has anyone else tried this?

Reactions: ClaudeCTTE
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
I'm not sure if it applies to my case, but I usually take a dietary supplement that mainly contains methylfolate.

My psychiatrist recommended taking methylfolate for ADHD, since my stupid job (which fortunately I've already quit) forced me to stop taking Methylphenidate, although I suppose I'll soon be taking this medication again. Honestly, I don't know if I can tell you if it's effective because what I take is a supplement that contains magnesium, DHA, and methylfolate; I don't know if it's different from taking only methylfolate.

Honestly, I haven't felt a radical change and so far it hasn't helped me much, mainly because I need stimulants that give me motivation and get rid of laziness.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I'm not sure if it applies to my case, but I usually take a dietary supplement that mainly contains methylfolate.

My psychiatrist recommended taking methylfolate for ADHD, since my stupid job (which fortunately I've already quit) forced me to stop taking Methylphenidate, although I suppose I'll soon be taking this medication again. Honestly, I don't know if I can tell you if it's effective because what I take is a supplement that contains magnesium, DHA, and methylfolate; I don't know if it's different from taking pure methylfolate.

Honestly, I haven't felt a radical change and so far it hasn't helped me much, mainly because I need stimulants that give me motivation and get rid of laziness.
Why the hell did they force you to stop taking Methylphenidate?? Are they INSANE??

The dose the doctors gave the patient mentioned in the article is very high.

"The patient declined initiation of venlafaxine, and instead opted for monotherapy of L-methylfolate at a much higher dosage than the standard RDA (400-800 mcg daily).

The patient stated that she had already been supplementing with L-methylfolate 1 mg for many weeks. She was instructed to increase her supplementation to 2 mg daily for 1 week, and increase by 1-2 mg per week until a total of 15 mg was achieved."

How much methylfolate do you take?

Reactions: ClaudeCTTE
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
Why the hell did they force you to stop taking Methylphenidate?? Are they INSANE??
They didn't force me to stop taking it. The thing was that my job was nocturnal (8 PM - 8 AM) and since I slept during the day but took methylphenidate in the morning, I couldn't sleep well, so my psychiatrist told me to stop the treatment until I left my job. I asked him if I could take it at night before work, but he said it wasn't advisable because it would mess up my circadian rhythm.
How much methylfolate do you take?
I take 7.5 mg of methylfolate, 54 mg of magnesium, and 50 mg of DHA every day.