nirvana133

nirvana133

Oct 14, 2019
hey everyone, i noticed kurt used a 20 gauge remington model 11. would this really be good enough, and not leave behind too much of a scene? also he did heroin before he ended it which im planning to do, so is this a pretty secure method? please let me know, thanks everyone.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 19276, TimeToBiteTheDust, Indieblue and 5 others
Qverty7455

Qverty7455

Student
Sep 28, 2019
I wouldn't try to do what he did. It's not 100% sure what happened that day. He had more than lethal dose of H in his body and there is conspiracy that he was murdered but no one can tell for sure obviously. But anyway why shoot yourself if you IV deadly dose of H? You will just CTB from H overdose and you won't have to destroy your face with shotgun.

Reactions: Pisceslilith, Mizzmini45, Sha70 and 1 other person
Haku

Haku

Walking ThePathOfSorrow, destination Denebokshiri
Oct 12, 2019
Hey I can understand that you want to go with Curts method, your a fan. So am I, idolized the guy for so many years, still do, him and Sid Vicious. I have also wanted to go the way they both went, Heroin, I think Sid cut his Wrists too along with the H, and like you mentioned, curt shot himself after he took H. I had thought of going that way, but I was to chicken shit, so I didnt. I wish you nothing but the best luck, and I envy you if you take the route these Legends took, I wish I had as much courage as you to go the same way, anyway I hope you have a peaceful departure, and if you believe in the afterlife, I hope you get to meet those legends, and I hope that I get to meet you and them, when it comes time for me to ctb

• Love
Reactions: DepressionsAHo, nirvana133 and Hotsackage
I

Itsalmosttime

Student
Oct 2, 2019
I wouldn't try to do what he did. It's not 100% sure what happened that day. He had more than lethal dose of H in his body and there is conspiracy that he was murdered but no one can tell for sure obviously. But anyway why shoot yourself if you IV deadly dose of H? You will just CTB from H overdose and you won't have to destroy your face with shotgun.

He had a deadly amount of H for someone with no tolerance. Cobain had been addicted to heroin for some time and had a much greater tolerance due to exposure.

Reactions: Frt, Pisceslilith, heylightiforgot and 4 others
Haku

Haku

Oct 12, 2019
Oh, and even though my voice isnt as great as his, even so since my smokers voice started taking over, I used to be a vocalist for a small time garage band, and I ended up leaving it when my voice started to lose its shine. But ever since I left I still try to practice my vocals, because before I ctb, i want to record a few cover songs, including Nirvana's All Apologies, which would be poetic for me to do, being that it was Curts suicide song.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ἡγησίας and nirvana133
Dartz

Dartz

Give Me The Dirt
Jun 29, 2018
banging yourself in the head with a shotgun will be a bit dodgy from a competency standpoint. PS don't idolize the suicide method of a celebrity, not saying that you are, but don't just as a general rule

Reactions: Pisceslilith, TrailerTrash and nirvana133
nirvana133

nirvana133

Oct 14, 2019
thank you for all the replies everyone. of course this is a hard decision to make, but i would just like to go like the person i looked up to most but maybe this method isnt the best? im just wondering will a 20 gauge do it? i dont even have any of the supplies just asking if its enough to end it. thank you to everyone for their input.

Pricelessadvice

Pricelessadvice

Can't stay here
Jul 30, 2019
I can't provide much guidance about your question of the gun ...as an aside, my screen name comes from the line in Heart-Shaped Box "Forever in debt to your priceless advice."
I am a fan, too.
Also, FYI, an early version of Heart-Shaped Box went "I am buried in a heart-shaped coffin for weeks"
You Know You're Right ranks among Kurt's best imo

Dubs

Dubs

I exist without my consent.
Aug 16, 2018
For the love of god, cobain didn't kill himself. Did you see his suicide note? It was transcribed from 3 of his previous letters. Seattle reopened the case recently when they realized they f'ed up.

Reactions: woxihuanni
Pykul

Pykul

Sep 22, 2019
Shotgun is my planned method. But a homemade slam fire 12 ga. Taking some time to get the pipes to slide, all hand tooled. Will be complete and ctb before Halloween. Screenshot 20190925 233713

I’vehadenough

I’vehadenough

Elementalist
Sep 15, 2018
Oh, and even though my voice isnt as great as his, even so since my smokers voice started taking over, I used to be a vocalist for a small time garage band, and I ended up leaving it when my voice started to lose its shine. But ever since I left I still try to practice my vocals, because before I ctb, i want to record a few cover songs, including Nirvana's All Apologies, which would be poetic for me to do, being that it was Curts suicide song.
Was it really his suicide song?
For the love of god, cobain didn't kill himself. Did you see his suicide note? It was transcribed from 3 of his previous letters. Seattle reopened the case recently when they realized they f'ed up.
Do you have a source for this? Because I'd like to read it if so

Reactions: Kassender
Haku

Haku

Oct 12, 2019

I have been told by multiple people that it is, that is all I have to go by, and I believe them

takeyourshotfunboy

takeyourshotfunboy

Smile...
Oct 11, 2019
Hey I can understand that you want to go with Curts method, your a fan. So am I, idolized the guy for so many years, still do, him and Sid Vicious. I have also wanted to go the way they both went, Heroin, I think Sid cut his Wrists too along with the H, and like you mentioned, curt shot himself after he took H. I had thought of going that way, but I was to chicken shit, so I didnt. I wish you nothing but the best luck, and I envy you if you take the route these Legends took, I wish I had as much courage as you to go the same way, anyway I hope you have a peaceful departure, and if you believe in the afterlife, I hope you get to meet those legends, and I hope that I get to meet you and them, when it comes time for me to ctb
Curtis, Sid, and Kurt are all my idols. Big influences on my own music.

• Love
Reactions: Haku
Haku

Haku

Oct 12, 2019
Curtis, Sid, and Kurt are all my idols.
I meant to say Kurt's, but I need up using a C by accident, well maybe not by accident, but my mind isnt that great anymore, so I screwed up, but I think I know who you maybe talking about when you say Curtis, not to sure though. And it's cool, your a fan as well

takeyourshotfunboy

takeyourshotfunboy

Smile...
Oct 11, 2019
I meant to say Kurt's, but I need up using a C by accident, well maybe not by accident, but my mind isnt that great anymore, so I screwed up, but I think I know who you maybe talking about when you say Curtis, not to sure though. And it's cool, your a fan as well
I was talking about Ian Curtis from Joy Division

takeyourshotfunboy

takeyourshotfunboy

Smile...
Oct 11, 2019
Oh ok, yea, I do know who he is, you have great taste in musicians and music, nice
Thanks, music is one of the few thing keeping me alive at this point.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Kassender and Haku
Haku

Haku

Oct 12, 2019
Thanks, music is one of the few thing keeping me alive at this point.
Even though music is a big part of me, I wouldn't use that alone to keep going, but I can understand why it helps you keep going, music has a sort of power to it, and that's why I like it alot. I wish you well in whatever decision you chose for yourself, and if you ctb, I wish nothing but the best of luck and peace, and hope you have a nice departure

takeyourshotfunboy

takeyourshotfunboy

Smile...
Oct 11, 2019
Even though music is a big part of me, I wouldn't use that alone to keep going, but I can understand why it helps you keep going, music has a sort of power to it, and that's why I like it alot. I wish you well in whatever decision you chose for yourself, and if you ctb, I wish nothing but the best of luck and peace, and hope you have a nice departure
By that I meant that it just makes living a little bit less painful not that it's literally keeping me alive.

M

MaybeSoon

Experienced
Oct 11, 2019

I would like a source too as I've looked and can't find any source of it being reopened except rumours in 2014 which were denied

A lot of the current conspiracy theory stuff comes from the documentary Soaked in Bleach, this article does a pretty good job of debunking some of it https://knowsnotwhatitmeans.blogspot.com/?m=1

As a huge fan of Nirvana and Kurt himself I've looked into Kurt's death a lot, read his journals and watched all of the documentarys and all his interview footage I can find and to me I lean toward it being a suicide.

Krist Novoselic also did an AMA on reddit recently and even he thinks Kurt killed himself, pointing out that Kurt bought that gun himself even though he didn't hunt at all. He also asked that if anyone had any evidence that it was foul play they should go to the police, but I suppose people have yet to provide anything concrete.

That all said, I didn't know the man personally and the only person who really knew Kurt and how he truly felt was Kurt himself.

I’vehadenough

I’vehadenough

Elementalist
Sep 15, 2018
I would like a source too as I've looked and can't find any source of it being reopened except rumours in 2014 which were denied

A lot of the current conspiracy theory stuff comes from the documentary Soaked in Bleach, this article does a pretty good job of debunking some of it https://knowsnotwhatitmeans.blogspot.com/?m=1

As a huge fan of Nirvana and Kurt himself I've looked into Kurt's death a lot, read his journals and watched all of the documentarys and all his interview footage I can find and to me I lean toward it being a suicide.

Krist Novoselic also did an AMA on reddit recently and even he thinks Kurt killed himself, pointing out that Kurt bought that gun himself even though he didn't hunt at all. He also asked that if anyone had any evidence that it was foul play they should go to the police, but I suppose people have yet to provide anything concrete.

That all said, I didn't know the man personally and the only person who really knew Kurt and how he truly felt was Kurt himself.
I'll have to read this article, but I agree with you. I read an article where Kurt's manager said it's ridiculous to think it's a murder because Kurt was depressed the whole week before his death and he attempted suicide a few weeks prior. What I think happened was that Kurt may have attempted an OD or took a lot of heroin to deal with the shotgun effect...and since the OD didn't work, he shot himself.

T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
It's not sure that he killed himself. Some people say he was murdered.

Reactions: Pykul
rntmss

rntmss

Taking it one day at a time
Feb 7, 2020
You mean have your wife shoot your brains out while you're high on drugs? Yeah, that would probably work.

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni
M

Mizzmini45

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2019
I say stick to the H to avoid such a messy suicide

P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
As for Cobain, while his death rattled the rock world, it didn't rattle me. I could'nt have cared less. Not so Mr. Curtis, however.
See that? Even in suicide, it comes down to matters of taste.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
Ian Curtis? Yeah he killed himself too. Not sure if did committed suicide or if he just ODed
He killed himself with a clothesline. That is it. No mystery, no fiction.
thank you for all the replies everyone. of course this is a hard decision to make, but i would just like to go like the person i looked up to most but maybe this method isnt the best? im just wondering will a 20 gauge do it? i dont even have any of the supplies just asking if its enough to end it. thank you to everyone for their input.
Fuck Nirvana—-they suck.

Last edited: