• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Has anyone tried ketamine as a treatment for depression and anxiety?
If so, how was your experience?

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
I did! I did the IV infusions. It did nothing for me but I enjoyed the experience, I frequently miss it tbh and consider going back just because.

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap
Felodese

Felodese

Mar 31, 2024
I've also done IV infusions. Started feeling better after about 2 sessions and after 10 I felt better than I can remember ever feeling. But it didn't last very long. The effects started to wear off after about a month for me, and I was back to my normal depression after about 2 months.
But I'm told that the effect can last up to 6 months or so. It's definetly worth a try. The treatment itself was nice; just lying in a room high af :)
(Mind you, I live in a country with universal healthcare, so I didn't have to worry about cost.)

Last edited:
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I've also done IV infusions. Started feeling better after about 2 sessions and after 10 I felt better than I can remember ever feeling. But it didn't last very long. The effects started to wear off after about a month for me, and I was back to my normal depression after about 2 months.
But I'm told that the effect can last up to 6 months or so. It's definetly worth a try. The treatment itself was nice; just lying in a room high af :)
(Mind you, I live in a country with universal healthcare, so I didn't have to worry about cost.)
Such a shame that it didn't last

M

marudekinoumitai

Mar 28, 2023
I had a similar experience to what others have shared here. I did a series of IV infusions and it genuinely was life-changing at the time, plus a fun experience. I went from intense SI to feeling like I had a purpose in life and holding down my first full-time job. Unfortunately it only lasted a couple months and was very expensive.

I tried switching to at-home troches, and those were fun at first but I built tolerance very quickly and I don't think they help anywhere near as much as IV. Now I'm back in a pretty dark place. I'm contemplating trying psilocybin or some other psychedelic or something. If you have the means though to try ketamine I definitely recommend it!

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Yeah, would have been great if it had.
Maybe better antidepressants or getting into therapy while I was feeling better would have made a difference. Who knows
Antidepressants don't work for me I tried several types

Last edited:
Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
I have also done IV. It has to be pretty constant like I remember twice or three times a week and then maybe a week or two in between without having to go? My scheduling could be off but it does have to happen a certain amount of times a week.

The feeling was a bit wild. You can wear comfy clothes and sit in a recliner chair with shades on the windows so it's somewhat dark. And you can listen to your music of choice with headphones you bring. There is a nurse there at all times monitoring you but they keep to themselves unless you want to talk to them or ask any questions. You kinda just lay there for 45 minutes in a daze you can't really move (literally) and you cannot drive yourself there someone needs to take you to and from sessions and you aren't supposed to drive the rest of the day. After the session you feel kinda dazed still for a few minutes so you can stay sitting there afterwards.

I don't think it helped me personally. I didn't feel a difference and I still don't. Apparently it can take time to have an affect on your mental state but for me it didn't. And like everyone is saying it was expensive too.