• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

Asthenia

Aug 6, 2018
referring to the original question... is this an actual problem? :I

K

killmepls

Aug 19, 2018
So many cringey atheists here. You are just as dogmatic as religious nuts. We live in a strange quantum world things are not so simple. I wish I had your stubborn beliefs I would prefer nothingness I am sick of existing

Reactions: lv-gras, bag.of.cats, Noone and 1 other person
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
So many cringey atheists here. You are just as dogmatic as religious nuts. We live in a strange quantum world things are not so simple. I wish I had your stubborn beliefs I would prefer nothingness I am sick of existing
Yes, it is very interesting how so many people are mocking those who have belief of an afterlife, and they are accusing them of being too narrowminded to consider the possibility that they may be wrong....when in reality that is only a projection, and THEY are the ones who are too narrowminded to consider the possibility that they may be wrong. "There's no solid 100% proof, so I won't believe or consider otherwise."

Reactions: lv-gras, killmepls and Noone
N

Noone

Jul 30, 2018
So smart. I understand why people can't even fathom the idea that their unproven beliefs might be wrong.

well, cheers and goodbye

Beliefs don't have nuffin to do with it. It's alright to agree to disagree. It's this smug sense of superiority associated with certain branches of atheism I find eyerolling. Kissykissy

Reactions: Dani Paradox
N

Noone

Jul 30, 2018
This. Get your hand out of your pants and realize you're just as uncertain as everyone else.

No Future

No Future

No One
Aug 6, 2018
So many cringey atheists here. You are just as dogmatic as religious nuts.

It's this smug sense of superiority associated with certain branches of atheism I find eyerolling. Kissykissy

Religion was barely mentioned until you two posted. The premise of this thread, and the discussion within, has nothing to do with religion.

Not sure what you guys have been reading.

Last edited:
Reactions: RainAndSadness, Tiburcio, skitliv and 1 other person
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
And again, your story doesn't add any substance to the subject of an afterlife. As I said earlier, you could leave out very important information that would expose that woman as a scammer. And maybe you don't even want to realize that you got scammed, that's why you're accepting that experience as a fact. But as I said, these people are very talented at bullshitting people. And obviously, someone did a great job on you. As I said before, if telepathy really existed, you could use that talent to solve crimes with a 100% success rate. It would be used as by all secret services and the military for their advantage. But that only happens in science-fiction movies, weird, isn't it? For some reason, none of these so-called telepathists are succesfull in a strictly controlled, scientific test. And they all charge a shitload of money for their services, weird. And guess what, your buddy that claimed energy would be the same as conciousness dissapeared from the topic aswell after saying I'm wrong. And of course, completely ignored my question for evidence. Nothing but anecdotes.
I disappeared from the discussion because I went to sleep. Also, if you believe the government doesn't use telepathists then you are very naïve. The likelihood of the government admitting to the existence of that or telekinesis is about the same as them admitting to the existence of aliens or any other supernatural phenomenon. It's covered up because it threatens culture, society and the way they want things to be. You cannot trust the government.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/01/140116085105.htm

https://www.sott.net/article/271933...sciousness-moves-to-another-universe-at-death

https://www.osho.com/meditate/medit...relationship-between-consciousness-and-energy

https://wakeup-world.com/2016/11/05/scientific-proof-that-your-consciousness-exists-after-death/

Last edited:
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Religion was barely mentioned until you two posted. The premise of this thread, and the discussion within, has nothing to do with religion.

Not sure what you guys have been reading.
Not believing in an afterlife is atheism. And they are saying that the attitude of the atheists is no different than religious nuts.

No Future

No Future

No One
Aug 6, 2018
Not believing in an afterlife is atheism. And they are saying that the attitude of the atheists is no different than religious nuts.

Incorrect. Atheism is the lack of belief in god/s, not the lack of belief of an afterlife. Which, within this very thread, has been represented as being a plethora of different things, none of which were attributed to God/s. Not a single mention of Heaven/Hell or something like it in this entire thread.

This thread has had incredibly little to do with religion - you'd be creating a straw man in suggesting that it ever was, and it'd make your whole argument on the matter disingenuous.

Reactions: RainAndSadness, tearsinrain, throwaway123 and 1 other person
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Incorrect. Atheism is the lack of belief in god/s, not the lack of belief of an afterlife. Which, within this very thread, has been represented as being a plethora of different things, none of which were attributed to God/s. Not a single mention of Heaven/Hell or something like it in this entire thread.

This thread has had incredibly little to do with religion - you'd be creating a straw man in suggesting that it ever was, and it'd make your whole argument on the matter disingenuous.
Most atheists don't believe in an afterlife. And otherwise makes no sense anyway...how can you believe in an afterlife, yet NOT believe in a higher intelligence (God or whatever you want to call it) that created it all in the first place? That makes absolutely no sense. Also, you are correct...this thread has nothing to do with religion...and no one said that it did, so I'm not sure where you are getting that from.

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
What a shitshow this thread became.

Why not accept life is shit in the supposed afterlife and here too, we all are fucked enough and throwing shit between us won't change anything? Really, am I the only one who is tired of discussions?

But what is wrong with discussions? Everyone here is being very respectful, no one is using derogatory language or insulting someone.
I too believe in the afterlife and we all might just be surprised where we end up after death.
I try to support my views with as much facts and evidence as I can but at the end of the day I respect other people's opinions as long as they are not hurting someone else. There is nothing wrong with discussion. What a terrible place the world would be if everyone thought the same way.
@Tiburcio:in literally all OOBES and NDES, there is always mention of life being really amazing and actually much better than here. So why would someone assume that life is shit in the afterlife? Obviously we have no way of knowing, but most NDEs seem to suggest otherwise.

Reactions: Dani Paradox
John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
Reincarnation and the afterlife dont require a god

Reactions: tearsinrain, Tiburcio and No Future
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Reincarnation and the afterlife dont require a god
How do you even suppose that is possible? If reincarnation and/or an afterlife in existence beyond this realm do, in fact, exist...then how did everything come into existence? That makes no sense. I use the term "God" to define any deity or higher intelligence. Call it whatever you want........there has to be a divine force that created you and me and all of this. It didn't create itself. And even then...who or what created God? It is endless. There are no answers to these questions aside from philosophizing, but it still stands that existence as we know it had to have been created by someone or something.

John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
Not if existence is eternal in the first place. Then u dont need anything to
create it

Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Not if existence is eternal in the first place. Then u dont need anything to
create it
How do you figure? Something cannot be created from nothing. You can't take a pencil and turn it into a blowdryer. You can't take air and turn it into a house. And even if you could.......you would need the air to turn it into the house in the first place. Nothing, quite literally, means NOTHING. You can't take nothing and turn it into something. Let alone something as complex as existence.

E

Erik38

Aug 17, 2018
Good people dying and bad people enjoying, it must be something then, otherwise it doesn't make any sense.

Reactions: imdone
John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
How do you figure? Something cannot be created from nothing. You can't take a pencil and turn it into a blowdryer. You can't take air and turn it into a house. And even if you could.......you would need the air to turn it into the house in the first place. Nothing, quite literally, means NOTHING. You can't take nothing and turn it into something. Let alone something as complex as existence.
i think u need to reread my post. I said nothing needs to be created if it was already here. We are for example stardust. Matter and energy are constantly changing.

Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
i think u need to reread my post. I said nothing needs to be created if it was already here. We are for example stardust. Matter and energy are constantly changing.
How can something possibly "already be there" if it was never created? The big bang, for example. It defies the laws of physics and makes no sense.

Reactions: killmepls
John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
How can something possibly "already be there" if it was never created? The big bang, for example. It defies the laws of physics and makes no sense.
u just argued it makes no sense for something to come from nothing (so it makes sense that things were not created in other words but have always been here in some form) now ur arguing against urself. Ur argument is god has always been here becuase things cant come from nothing but when i argue the same thing but without god u r against it

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
That is not a different topic. There is evidence that consciousness is stored in quantum microtubules and upon brain death that is redirected through Quantum entanglement. It's all the same topic. And the book, "Biocentrism" is also not a different topic. It is written by a scientist and speaks of supporting evidence of the multiverse theory, consciousness and where it goes after death.

"Evidence". You can't simply call an unproven idea or hypothesis "evidence" for something. They talk about quantum vibrations in mucrotubules, not about consciousness being stored in there. And they refer to treatment of mental, neurological and cognitive disorders. That's literally it. The book biocentrism doesn't contain any evidence but simply opens the discussion about a hypothesis. Read here: https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/828324/Human-consciousness-universe-quantum-theory

Reactions: Tiburcio and skitliv
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
u just argued it makes no sense for something to come from nothing (so it makes sense that things were not created in other words but have always been here in some form) now ur arguing against urself. Ur argument is god has always been here becuase things cant come from nothing but when i argue the same thing but without god u r against it
Now you are confusing me. I never said God has always been here. I said someone or something had to have created God, but that it is another philosophical mystery. It defies human logic either way.

John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
Well what created the thing that created god then? Something was probably always here. The uncreated.

Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
"Evidence". You can't simply call an unproven idea or hypothesis "evidence" for something. They talk about quantum vibrations in mucrotubules, not about consciousness being stored in there. And they refer to treatment of mental, neurological and cognitive disorders. That's literally it. The book biocentrism doesn't contain any evidence but simply opens the discussion about a hypothesis. Read here: https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/828324/Human-consciousness-universe-quantum-theory
"
A review and update of a controversial 20-year-old theory of consciousness claims that consciousness derives from deeper level, finer scale activities inside brain neurons. The recent discovery of quantum vibrations in "microtubules" inside brain neurons corroborates this theory, according to review authors. "

And the article you sent me literally just supports what I already said to you.

Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Well what created the thing that created god then? Something was probably always here. The uncreated.
Exactly my point, it doesn't make sense for something to have already been here.

BxK

BxK

Aug 20, 2018
Maybe it's selfish and stupid of me, but I hope there is some type of perfect afterlife for all of us, like...once you pass on, it's an eternal world of peace just for the individual, a world where you can have genuine and faithful love with a single person, genuine bonds, and it would be free from all the gross and disgusting people and things forever. A world where nothing bad and nobody bad exists. Neither heaven or hell, just...paradise.

Ha, I'm rambing madness without a doubt though, still...hoping for that at least gives me some type of comfort in despair. I'm scared beyond anything about being punished for suicide.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, UglyAndSuicidal, imdone and 3 others