T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I feel like this doesn't suit recovery, even though I've been posting there more, it just feel like it fits better here.

She finally found the time to call me, apparently she's been very busy, also hit someone in her car. She's okay, no one was hurt, just a minor fender bender

Anyways, on the call, we both cried. We both have been thinking about each other, she even still listens to songs that remind her of me, which I found kinda odd. I've always just assumed she was over me but she told me today that she wasn't.

We talked about second chances and she said that I shouldn't count on it but she could see it, but not to count the chickens before they hatch, which for those of you who don't know what that means (I don't know how common the phrase is), it means essentially to not depend on a good outcome to occur unless you are sure that it will occur. She also explained a few other issues I noted (her being overly dry for example, she said she has to because she's busy and doesn't want her boyfriend to see her texting me). She told me she isn't sure if her relationship will even work out and I should try to move forward, she clarified that she doesn't mean move on, she said "I know that's hard, I haven't even moved on yet".

Either way, I'm fine keeping this friendship for now, I've been attempting to heal, somewhat successfully but there have been failures here and there, I've failed more recently as I've been tormented at night with dreams and nightmares alike of her, and it's led to very restless nights.

I feel some sort of way about this, neither good nor bad, definitely a bit relieved to get stuff off my chest to her, as well as her responding positively to it. I knew this could possibly go bad heading into it, and I'm just glad it didn't go that way.

If I meet someone new, and I like them, I'm definitely giving that a shot. I am trying to move forward, I've just failed recently.

• Hugs
Reactions: betternever2havbeen, SexyIncél and hungry_ghost
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Update: Everything seems to be okay today. She sent me a reply to a message I sent thanking her for making the call, as well as wishing me a good morning. I'm just glad we aren't on bad terms, and I was able to have an open and honest conversation.

• Love
Reactions: betternever2havbeen
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Sometimes it's better to have someone's love, than to be in a relationship with them. She longs for you, hiding it from her brutish boyfriend

This is nearly courtly love

She's a tragic girl. One day you'll have a better relationship, than she seems capable of having. I suspect probability's on your side. We get to experiment and fail, before we win. I imagine your relationship was an experiment, not the destination

Last edited:
Reactions: nopride86
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Sometimes it's better to have someone's love, than to be in a relationship with them. She longs for you, hiding it from her brutish boyfriend

This is nearly courtly love

She's a tragic girl. One day you'll have a better relationship, than she seems capable of having. I suspect probability's on your side. We get to experiment and fail, before we win. I imagine your relationship was an experiment, not the destination
Yeah it's such an odd situation but I will say I'm very grateful to have her support. She's the only person besides my mom who said she's proud of me for all of this college stuff. I have family who supports me but hearing those words feels good.

Yeah I honestly feel bad for her at times, but I have to remember that she is the engineer of this situation, she created and caused this heartache for both of us. She's a good friend, and was a good partner, but we're definitely not meant to be at this point and time in both of our lives.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen and SexyIncél