Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
cmon bro therapy fixes everything bro trust me bro it's magic. talk about your problems with someone who doesn't give a shit about you bro and will just spam "how does that make you feel?" 100 times bro trust me it'll work the 5th time. bro on god its worth the $100+

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: QuietLake, Ringo, Un- and 12 others
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Honest tell therap nonsense, even normal science not Dvance many problems not know ,see many here deep problem trauma many impossible solve. Nothing erase pain rewind time remove damage, ctb need

• Hugs
Reactions: WonderingSoul, Install-Gentoo, Someone123 and 3 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
cmon bro therapy fixes everything bro trust me bro it's magic. talk about your problems with someone who doesn't give a shit about you bro and will just spam "how does that make you feel?" 100 times bro trust me it'll work the 5th time. bro on god its worth the $100+

Just take a shower, bro! :smiling:

Jokes aside, what kind of problems are you facing right now..?

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: actual_fox and Hirokami
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021

Jokes aside, what kind of problems are you facing right now..?
I'm just convinced that I'll never obtain happiness no matter what. Last week kind of broke me, right when my life seemed to be doing alright for once. I just wanted to get away from it all, but then I came across a couple of dickheads + a weed addict going through withdrawal symptoms; I was pretty much forced to stay with them for the entire week with no escape. It was constant torture and a sad reminder that I shouldn't even try anymore. This isn't the first time I've been disappointed; rather, it's my final straw.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sick of it all, Julgran and actual_fox
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I'm just convinced that I'll never obtain happiness no matter what. Last week kind of broke me, right when my life seemed to be doing alright for once. I just wanted to get away from it all, but then I came across a couple of dickheads + a weed addict going through withdrawal symptoms; I was pretty much forced to stay with them for the entire week with no escape. It was constant torture and a sad reminder that I shouldn't even try anymore. This isn't the first time I've been disappointed; rather, it's my final straw.

I see! I don't wish to sound needlessly hopefull, but you seem to be level-headed and could find a way out of that kind of a situation. Do you feel stuck with those people, or has this kind of situation caused secondary problems that you need to deal with..?

S

SarRy

Student
Oct 5, 2022
Therapy can be great. It can help to learn new ways to think about things. It can be very helpful. Still, it can't change your life or brain. A good therapist knows this. Sometimes, the best you can do is to learn to live with your situation. Therapy can help to gain acceptance and talk about possibilities. You could work on learning about what you can and cannot do.
For people with nice lives who experience a sullen mood, therapy might feel life changing. If all you need is a bit of perspective, then getting that would be very helpful. But, it's just a tool. It's just one thing that can be helpful or not.
If it hadn't been for therapy, I probably would not be here to write this. Whether that's good or bad is up for debate, but therapy has made a difference. It also mattered who I talked to. Some people just couldn't understand as well as others. The toughest lesson to learn was that no amount of therapy would cure me. I will always be the way I am. Now, therapy is more about how I can live within my limits and utilise my strengths for a better life. I think I know it won't be enough in the end. I think that someday soon I'll be ready to end it all, but therapy has helped to keep me going just a little while longer and manage the pain just a little bit better.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, Zegers, makethepainstop and 3 others
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Hold your frame bro, be confident
But you are not with them rn, right?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: makethepainstop, Julgran and GasMonkey
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's annoying when people push the idea of therapy as a solution for every problem and for everyone who is suicidal. To me therapy sounds like a scam, the suffering in this world is very real and strangers words cannot take it away. For someone to think that therapy fixes everything then they must be deluded as to the cruel reality of this existence.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Install-Gentoo, BrokenJesus and 3 others
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
I see! I don't wish to sound needlessly hopefull, but you seem to be level-headed and could find a way out of that kind of a situation. Do you feel stuck with those people, or has this kind of situation caused secondary problems that you need to deal with..?
But you are not with them rn, right?

Well, the only person I really have to deal now with is the person going through withdrawal symptoms. Even then, I could just not talk to them. It's just frustrating to deal with more issues during the one time where I feel better than normal. During that one week, I was reminded of my insecurities and all the things I hate about myself. Couldn't escape from that as I didn't have the money and my plane was already booked for that Saturday. It was just day after day of being reminded of how inadequate I am. A whole week of that. Everything from the food I eat to the way I do things to the places I lived was criticized by these people. And I didn't even ask, either. I was just trying to make conversation, eat, and cook.
Therapy can be great. It can help to learn new ways to think about things. It can be very helpful. Still, it can't change your life or brain. A good therapist knows this. Sometimes, the best you can do is to learn to live with your situation. Therapy can help to gain acceptance and talk about possibilities. You could work on learning about what you can and cannot do.
For people with nice lives who experience a sullen mood, therapy might feel life changing. If all you need is a bit of perspective, then getting that would be very helpful. But, it's just a tool. It's just one thing that can be helpful or not.
If it hadn't been for therapy, I probably would not be here to write this. Whether that's good or bad is up for debate, but therapy has made a difference. It also mattered who I talked to. Some people just couldn't understand as well as others. The toughest lesson to learn was that no amount of therapy would cure me. I will always be the way I am. Now, therapy is more about how I can live within my limits and utilise my strengths for a better life. I think I know it won't be enough in the end. I think that someday soon I'll be ready to end it all, but therapy has helped to keep me going just a little while longer and manage the pain just a little bit better.

I guess if I go into therapy with the mindset of being cured, it's not going to work so it makes sense. I don't think any therapist I've been to made that clear. If I ever decided to give therapy another shot, I would hope that I find a therapist that gets me. I'm glad you were able to find a therapist that understands, though. That seems to be rare.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: actual_fox, onlyanimalsaregood and makethepainstop
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Well, the only person I really have to deal now with is the person going through withdrawal symptoms. Even then, I could just not talk to them. It's just frustrating to deal with more issues during the one time where I feel better than normal. During that one week, I was reminded of my insecurities and all the things I hate about myself. Couldn't escape from that as I didn't have the money and my plane was already booked for that Saturday. It was just day after day of being reminded of how inadequate I am. A whole week of that. Everything from the food I eat to the way I do things to the places I lived was criticized by these people. And I didn't even ask, either. I was just trying to make conversation, eat, and cook.

Do I understand it correctly that you are or have been taking care of someone else..? If so, I can see how that can be particularly burdensome, but since it isn't easy, you may want to remind yourself that you are just doing the best that you can. I'm just going by what I understand, though. You can fill in the details, if you wish.

In what way, do you mean, that you are inadequate if you are or were taking care of someone else..?

Reactions: makethepainstop
A

akirat9

エクトリアン
Sep 23, 2022
Considering they left me walk out suicidal says a lot now does it
This is what I get for listening to and wasting time not doing it sooner

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Every time I talk to a therapist they just ask me how I haven't CTB yet or become a drug addict lol. Not worth the time or money.

• Hugs
Reactions: Emmie, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and darkcirclesunder
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
Do I understand it correctly that you are or have been taking care of someone else..? If so, I can see how that can be particularly burdensome, but since it isn't easy, you may want to remind yourself that you are just doing the best that you can. I'm just going by what I understand, though. You can fill in the details, if you wish.

In what way, do you mean, that you are inadequate if you are or were taking care of someone else..?
I'm technically taking care of two people: my mom and my girlfriend. I'm used to taking care of my mom as she's always had physical disabilities, though my girlfriend is the one dealing with addiction (she's trying to quit marijuana). For the record, she herself wanted to stop being addicted to it; I'm just her support system. It just feels like I'm not doing enough as I'm no professional and I never had to deal with such a situation. Sometimes it gets to be a lot.

• Hugs
Reactions: Julgran
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
LMAOOO I swear it's such crap. I keep saying that therapy is for privileged people who have small problems in life. Is therapy gonna make me financially stable? get me a job? Put a roof over my head? give me food?

• Hugs
Reactions: QuietLake, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, earshurt and 2 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I think it can help certain people with certain issues. The people who have had success with therapy probably aren't hanging out on this board.

That being said, I didn't really find it helpful for my problems.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Zegers
E

earshurt

Oct 11, 2022
C'mon bro you can trust your therapist bro. You won't get forcibly institutionalized for being honest about your suicidal ideation. You won't get recommended any pills with side effects that will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Reactions: Hirokami
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I'm technically taking care of two people: my mom and my girlfriend. I'm used to taking care of my mom as she's always had physical disabilities, though my girlfriend is the one dealing with addiction (she's trying to quit marijuana). For the record, she herself wanted to stop being addicted to it; I'm just her support system. It just feels like I'm not doing enough as I'm no professional and I never had to deal with such a situation. Sometimes it gets to be a lot.

Oh! That's certainly not a situation that you can simply "get out from", since it needs to be solved somehow. Are you getting no help from anyone with your mom and girlfriend..?

Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Therapy is trending, just like go to gym or eat only vegan products.

Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
Oh! That's certainly not a situation that you can simply "get out from", since it needs to be solved somehow. Are you getting no help from anyone with your mom and girlfriend..?
Sometimes, my mom's fiance helps with my mom's disabilities. Though, he has to go to work; I work, too, but I work from home so it's a bit different. And, before my girlfriend got addicted, she used to help my mom as well. That actually took a load off me as I got to work with ease. Now, when it comes to my girlfriend herself, I'm basically all on my own. So, I have to juggle a mom with chronic disabilities and a girlfriend struggling with an addiction ... With limited help while I'm trying to work full-time. It's really stressful.

I know the withdrawal symptoms will fade away, though I'm not sure how much I could take. It's just been constant arguments due to her mood swing. I haven't been working nearly as much as I should because of all this, either.

• Hugs
Reactions: Julgran
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
It happened. But It passed right? It will take time but you will forget about It and will feel better. I hope so

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I hate talking about my problems with other people IRL because it feels so awkward. I'm doing counseling right now and even my counselor was able to admit "yeah, this set up is kind of odd." wrt talking to a complete stranger. I'll try it for a few more sessions and if it doesn't work out I'll try and find something else and do things my own way like I always have.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames, Hirokami and earshurt
myfinalform

myfinalform

Oct 12, 2022
When i go to therapy i talk less and less, he call my mom so he can talk to her instead, its funny cause i never chat with him proprely, i just say im good im taking my meds and thats it lol end of conversation "give me recipe so i can go home *rasp*"