• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I am so sorry to hear about your termination from work. It is one of the most traumatic events in life, after the loss of a spouse. And with this pandemic, work has become doubly difficult to secure. Would you have a spouse or family whom you lean upon?

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
"so-called" low performance
3 people dismissed in the team of around 20 people (2 during probation and 1 after which is me), in the past half a year
Can you prove that you haven't been underperforming? It may be something you can contest? Not sure what country you are in though. If they were firing your for that reason they should have shown you actual proof of this.

It's a very difficult time for lots of companies right now and lots of staff are going to be on the chopping block across the world. If you can honestly say you feel your performance was good then it's probably because of the economic climate. Sorry to hear that and I hope you find something else soon.

Incorrigible77777

Incorrigible77777

I was born human and I'm sorry for that. ——太宰 治
Jul 9, 2020
Hint: this company 1.IT company 2.among F A A M G, and the most political one among them. It's probably easy to guess. But plz just don't say it out :-)

Last edited:
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I'm so very sorry to hear this. This is such a difficult time already.

We're there performance reviews along the way? I feel like they shouldn't be firing you unless they gave you feedback along the way that suggested you were underperforming.

In any case, wishing you strength during this tough time. Hoping the next job will be a more positive and lasting experience.

Incorrigible77777

Incorrigible77777

Jul 9, 2020
It is one of the most traumatic events in life, after the loss of a spouse.
Yes I lost my grandma 3/18, and lost my job 8/18. My planned CTB date is 10/18, but C doesn't ship N directly to my country. Such a sad story;-;;-;;-;
Can you prove that you haven't been underperforming? It may be something you can contest? Not sure what country you are in though. If they were firing your for that reason they should have shown you actual proof of this.

It's a very difficult time for lots of companies right now and lots of staff are going to be on the chopping block across the world. If you can honestly say you feel your performance was good then it's probably because of the economic climate. Sorry to hear that and I hope you find something else soon.

Actually I'm among the best performers of the same level engineers in the team and have abundant outputs. However, it's hard to argue. Computer industry doesn't have clear KPI's. Evaluating by e.g. number of commits in Github, number of bugs fixed etc. is not enough. Also hardness of each task is difficult to be quantified. So that's why it's easy to judge in a subjective way. You can be judged as low performer just because a small mistake you made during the time, or by comparing to senior engineers. That's why it's hard to prove I'm NOT underperforming or to have an actual proof of this.

It's some East Asian country, but doesn't matter. Our company is worldwide (as you could guess from #12). But it's definitely not normal that a team have up to 3 people dismissed in the past half year, compared to other teams in the same site or over the world. Also there's lots of incompliance occurring in my team as reported by several of my teammates so that a teammate also fired recently is suggesting I write appeals to our CEO (doing something meaningful before I CTB:I).
I'm so very sorry to hear this. This is such a difficult time already.

We're there performance reviews along the way? I feel like they shouldn't be firing you unless they gave you feedback along the way that suggested you were underperforming.

In any case, wishing you strength during this tough time. Hoping the next job will be a more positive and lasting experience.

Performance reviews given out yesterday where I got insufficient results. Each field (bonus, stock etc.) 0 or approximately 0.

Not sure how it'd go through. I've just started to place the order of N from A. Probably I'll be able to find the next job with more positive and lasting experience. Probably I'll be already gone then.

Last edited:
J

Jojo81

Student
Aug 8, 2020
Yes I lost my grandma 3/18, and lost my job 8/18. My planned CTB date is 10/18, but C doesn't ship N directly to my country. Such a sad story;-;;-;;-;

Actually I'm among the best performers of the same level engineers in the team and have abundant outputs. However, it's hard to argue. Computer industry doesn't have clear KPI's. Evaluating by e.g. number of commits in Github, number of bugs fixed etc. is not enough. Also hardness of each task is difficult to be quantified. So that's why it's easy to judge in a subjective way. You can be judged as low performer just because a small mistake you made during the time, or by comparing to senior engineers. That's why it's hard to prove I'm NOT underperforming or to have an actual proof of this.

It's some East Asian country, but doesn't matter. Our company is worldwide (as you could guess from #12). But it's definitely not normal that a team have up to 3 people dismissed in the past half year, compared to other teams in the same site or over the world. Also there's lots of incompliance occurring in my team as reported by several of my teammates so that a teammate also fired recently is suggesting I write appeals to our CEO (doing something meaningful before I CTB:I).

Performance reviews given out yesterday where I got insufficient results. Each field (bonus, stock etc.) 0 or approximately 0.

Not sure how it'd go through. I've just started to place the order of N from A. Probably I'll be able to find the next job with more positive and lasting experience. Probably I'll be already gone then.
Don't worry bro.. You won't be fired... You are going to be there... I am sure that they haven't asked you to leave yet.. Just keep going back to office and you will be fine there.. You have lots of skills. You have proved your skills to be there in the first place. Do not give up.. Rat race is real and we just need to accept it.. Once you accept it the pain goes away.. Good Luck

Incorrigible77777

Incorrigible77777

Jul 9, 2020
Don't worry bro.. You won't be fired... You are going to be there... I am sure that they haven't asked you to leave yet.. Just keep going back to office and you will be fine there.. You have lots of skills. You have proved your skills to be there in the first place. Do not give up.. Rat race is real and we just need to accept it.. Once you accept it the pain goes away.. Good Luck
Honestly, I don't wanna be there anymore

Reactions: thx1138
thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
If they don't appreciate you, they don't deserve you anyway.

Sounds like you have excellent skills and can get another job very easily. Have you thought about moving to another country? Your English is great, and in East Asia there is too much cutthroat competition and "work till you drop dead" culture...

I also work for a big IT company and it seems like the biggest reason for lay offs is budget... If they can hire someone cheaper than you, it's bye bye. Or if the management/bureaucracy doesn't like you because you're not "friendly" enough. It rarely has to do with your actual performance, because many people do next to nothing and still get promotions based on how much they kiss the boss' ass. Sometimes I wish I'd get fired, because I hate my job, but I suppose when it actually happens it's quite devastating. So take care of yourself, best wishes to you.

• Love
Reactions: taylor321
Incorrigible77777

Incorrigible77777

Jul 9, 2020
If they don't appreciate you, they don't deserve you anyway.

I like this sentence so much. Couldn't agree more!!!

Sounds like you have excellent skills and can get another job very easily. Have you thought about moving to another country? Your English is great, and in East Asia there is too much cutthroat competition and "work till you drop dead" culture...

I wish to come back to the US for work. But due to the pandemic, this is difficult to be achieved in the short term... And honestly I don't even know what tomorrow would be like as I've been suffering from major depression for a while. I might CTB by the N at any time.

Agree! Could relate a lot. I grew up in an extremely toxic family (my story) of origin which greatly favors cutthroat culture and often goes to extremes. Cutthroat cultures has ruined me throughout my life.

I also work for a big IT company and it seems like the biggest reason for lay offs is budget... If they can hire someone cheaper than you, it's bye bye. Or if the management/bureaucracy doesn't like you because you're not "friendly" enough. It rarely has to do with your actual performance, because many people do next to nothing and still get promotions based on how much they kiss the boss' ass. Sometimes I wish I'd get fired, because I hate my job, but I suppose when it actually happens it's quite devastating. So take care of yourself, best wishes to you.

In my case it doesn't seem to be the problem of budget. My pay was actually below average (and probably the lowest or second to the lowest) among all junior SDE1's, while I was undoubtedly a high performer among all of them, but I still got ~0 merit increase. That's why I'm confused about my being dismissed. I agree... Unfortunately even in IT industry which involves pure skills, that could still happen. I'm definitely not good at kissing xxxxx.... Thank you for your wish and comfort. Happy to know you.