LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
I've only tried SSRIS and SNRIs, and only two of the lot actually gave me some semblance of a life and normal functioning...and then my body became tolerant to it. LMAO, how ridiculous is it that our miserable bodies actually become accustomed to these drugs? Like, misery and unhappiness are our natural states and our brains/bodies are fighting to return to that state. That "equilibrium." It's fucking ridiculous.

Anyway, anybody have experience with those old school drugs? I heard they could actually be more effective than the new stuff, but had far more side effects. And you can even OD on them!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: azucaramargo, Beautifulletdown and Wolfjob_dayjob
passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
I took Doxepin for a while. It didn't do anything special that I remember, but tbh if any antidepressant I've ever taken worked I'd be on Facebook instead of on here. :notsure:

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and LuzurPhagget
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
I took Doxepin for a while. It didn't do anything special that I remember, but tbh if any antidepressant I've ever taken worked I'd be on Facebook instead of on here. :notsure:

Aha, when they did work, I did have a Facebook. Didn't post too much, but mildly positive stuff. Makes me cringe now thinking of it.

Reactions: BlessedOffal, Wolfjob_dayjob and passenger27
passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
Aha, when they did work, I did have a Facebook. Didn't post too much, but mildly positive stuff. Makes me cringe now thinking of it.
Yeah, I hardly ever get on Facebook anymore. I got tired of seeing pics of what somebody was having for dinner or whether they took a good shit that morning or whatever. Whenever I was on there, I didn't post much of anything.

I opened an account not too long ago with just stuff I like going down my feed. I love it. No chipper family pics or bs at all lol.

Reactions: azucaramargo, Beautifulletdown and LuzurPhagget
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
Bhahaha, whether they took a good shit? You had some rather candid, interesting friends man.

Reactions: azucaramargo and passenger27
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
Bhaha, so not much information on these drugs then, eh? Yeah, not taking those poisons. Fuck that shit.

S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Dont think there is anything amazing about them. Same goes ssri and ssris. Emotional blunting and sexual dysfunction for starters. Honestly hate most psyc drugs.

Reactions: LuzurPhagget
charlie_z

charlie_z

Student
Apr 30, 2018
Anyway, anybody have experience with those old school drugs? I heard they could actually be more effective than the new stuff, but had far more side effects. And you can even OD on them!!!
I was once put on a tricyclic antidepressant by the name of Clomipramine. I did experience a few uncomfortable side-effects such as confusion, fear or nervousness, and sometimes a feeling sadness or emptiness. I hope that helps. If you have more questions, let me know.

Reactions: azucaramargo and LuzurPhagget
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
I was once put on a tricyclic antidepressant by the name of Clomipramine. I did experience a few uncomfortable side-effects such as confusion, fear or nervousness, and sometimes a feeling sadness or emptiness. I hope that helps. If you have more questions, let me know.

But overall, it helped? Or you stopped taking it after those side effects?

charlie_z

charlie_z

Student
Apr 30, 2018
But overall, it helped? Or you stopped taking it after those side effects?
Well, this was a while a go, some 15 years give or take. I remember thinking it was an OK drug because, unlike a lot of other drugs I'd been taking, this drug was mainly easy on my system. And although it didn't really help much with the target symptomology/behaviors of my condition, it did help calm me a little.

Reactions: LuzurPhagget