freakshow

freakshow

Jun 30, 2024
i got to uni by bus, i think i could maybe jump in front of some bus and crush my head, it seems pretty quick. i dont really wanna do this because its scary af and its very traumatziing for people nearby and killing myself in public just sounds awful. but i dont really have other options. Is there any way I could fuck this up? Another options is maybe i could try to get a job, rent a house for a month and buy sn but that will take me a few months. But im too socialy anxious for this to work out but maybe i can muster uup some courage, idk what to do, i dont want anything in life anymore.

Reactions: GoatHerder, philantrope and Aprilfarewell4
D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
Yep easy to screw this up aside from it being public, being on the bus camera and traumatizing the bus driver and others. Maybe he sees you coming and hits the brakes in time, or you jump poorly and just end up paralyzed or with brain damage etc.

Reactions: mistymoo, 3/4Dead, GoatHerder and 1 other person
abigail

abigail

trying to get better for him ~
Aug 10, 2024
Hi friend, please don't catch the bus by a physical bus.

Similar to jumping in front of a train it has a low success rate and a high chance of SI stopping you.

Additionally, as you mentioned, it will traumatise other people & it is not fair to force others into taking part in your journey.

We must be responsible with how we go, that involves not causing a vicious cycle of depression.

If nothing else will stop you, consider the chance of you becoming a severely disabled individual who won't be able to CTB ever again due to said disability.

Reactions: 3/4Dead, GoatHerder, evans and 4 others
N

noheart

Mar 14, 2024
City bus driver here. Please don't! We see enough awful stuff on a daily basis.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: abigail, GoatHerder, evans and 1 other person
freakshow

freakshow

Jun 30, 2024
yeah like i feel like this is not a good ideia, ill leave it for when I become homeless

• Aww..
Reactions: GoatHerder
U

Unspoken7612

Jul 14, 2024
The arguments about not subjecting others have been made already. I appreciate that these will sometimes not resonate with people who feel they have no other choice.

Somewhere between 10% and 30% of those who commit suicide by colliding with a train survive. This is quite poor, especially as most survivors will be left with serious injuries: they might need an arm re-attaching (and it will never quite work as well again), or maybe it won't be able to be reattached, or they might be paralysed.

A bus is less deadly. It's slower and not as massive, so doesn't have as much energy. You can absolutely die from being hit by a bus, even in an urban environment. It seems likely to me that well over 30% of people survive. It also seems likely that more people survive and make a full recovery, but probably a majority are in considerable pain for considerable time, including some of those who die. You're less likely to get the quick decapitation or "mistification" occasionally associated with high-speed train suicides, and instead die from blunt-force trauma, with lots of broken bones and internal bleeding. It's less like jumping from seven storeys and more like jumping from two - very risky for someone who doesn't want to die, and not a certain or quick enough death for someone who does.

tauntisha

tauntisha

i found solace in my own solitude.
Aug 11, 2024
i got to uni by bus, i think i could maybe jump in front of some bus and crush my head, it seems pretty quick. i dont really wanna do this because its scary af and its very traumatziing for people nearby and killing myself in public just sounds awful. but i dont really have other options. Is there any way I could fuck this up? Another options is maybe i could try to get a job, rent a house for a month and buy sn but that will take me a few months. But im too socialy anxious for this to work out but maybe i can muster uup some courage, idk what to do, i dont want anything in life anymore.
i mean, effective? sure. but i'd say SI will overcome you.

freakshow

freakshow

Jun 30, 2024
The arguments about not subjecting others have been made already. I appreciate that these will sometimes not resonate with people who feel they have no other choice.

Somewhere between 10% and 30% of those who commit suicide by colliding with a train survive. This is quite poor, especially as most survivors will be left with serious injuries: they might need an arm re-attaching (and it will never quite work as well again), or maybe it won't be able to be reattached, or they might be paralysed.

A bus is less deadly. It's slower and not as massive, so doesn't have as much energy. You can absolutely die from being hit by a bus, even in an urban environment. It seems likely to me that well over 30% of people survive. It also seems likely that more people survive and make a full recovery, but probably a majority are in considerable pain for considerable time, including some of those who die. You're less likely to get the quick decapitation or "mistification" occasionally associated with high-speed train suicides, and instead die from blunt-force trauma, with lots of broken bones and internal bleeding. It's less like jumping from seven storeys and more like jumping from two - very risky for someone who doesn't want to die, and not a certain or quick enough death for someone who does.
i was thiking about placing my head between the tires but i wont proceed with this, its scary even to think about it

Reactions: oohiniyorafaad
O

oohiniyorafaad

Dec 18, 2021
unless you want a traumatic brain injury and broken bones I'd avoid any motor vehicle accident of any kind